Your 2013 team.

Corey Oates is another candidate who can fill Te'o's void.

Would still be behind Whitchurch at this stage but Oates is a powerful runner who runs fantastic lines and knows his way to the try line. Pending on his pre-season he could become a real bolter.

Whitchurch is in for a big 2013 I think. I can see him excelling in the bench back rower role. Plenty of size and speed and can put on a big hit very effectively.

Yeah I can see Whitchurch making a big impact next year. He is a monster.

Gotta agree with the Whitchurch love. I think he is gonna be brilliant and slot straight into teos role

For those who have watched more of the 20's than me - what are your thoughts on Frei? He was commonly 18th man throughout 2011 however has barely been sighted this year. I see he's been playing a bit of prop - what's happened to him?

Parker is for mine now at an stage where he is playing like a prop and IMO he should be a starting prop with Hannant. As the trend to mobile back rowers increases, Parker in my book is hardly mobile by those standards.

You keep saying that, but look at the others teams. The best locks ARE props, players like Nate Myles and Paul Gallen. Nate Myles doesn't necessarily get named there, but it's pretty clear that Harrison is a left second rower and Myles is the middle third lock.

You keep saying that, but look at the others teams. The best locks ARE props, players like Nate Myles and Paul Gallen. Nate Myles doesn't necessarily get named there, but it's pretty clear that Harrison is a left second rower and Myles is the middle third lock.

Bingo. That's how teams are structured these days. And Parker is at his best in that position IMO. Thaiday, Gillett, Glenn much more effective on the fringe.

Just like the old days of inside and outside centre, halfback at first receiver and five-eighth at second receiver...it's all changed.

I'd love seeing Corey Parker play a greater role rather than a simple hit up merchant....we have talented players and parker, as demonstrated in his key role in SOO, is not being used properly. Don't care if he's a popular bloke, simply judging by his on field contributions. I like Reeds attitude as well as he's convinced me,despite my earlier reservations, that he is not a big head.

For those who have watched more of the 20's than me - what are your thoughts on Frei? He was commonly 18th man throughout 2011 however has barely been sighted this year. I see he's been playing a bit of prop - what's happened to him?

Still a good prospect. Quite versatile and can play either front row or backrow.

A big off-season away from being a good benchy.

1. Hoffman
2. Yow Yeh (Maranta until Yow Yeh is fit enough)
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Maranta
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Kahu
15. Gillett
16. Hala
17. Dodds/Anderson/whoever is in ok form?

1. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Maranta
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Kahu
15. Gillett
16. Hala

You forgot our halfback.

1. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Maranta
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Kahu
15. Gillett
16. Hala

Why would you break up the JYY and hodges partnership?

1.Josh Hoffman
2.Dale Copley
3.Jack Reed
4.Justin Hodges
5.Jharal Yow Yeah
6.Peter Wallace
7.Ben Hunt
8.Josh Mcguire
9.Andrew McCullough
10.Ben Hannant
11.Alex Glenn
12.Sam Thaiday
13.Corey Parker

14.Corey Norman
15.Matt Gillet
16.Aaron Whitchurch
17.David Hala

Wouldn't mind seeing how Copley goes at centre in a pre-season trial.

And here we go again...

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the matter? There's nothing to be particularly surprised about, is there?

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Galah
  • Dash
  • Allo
  • barker
  • Harry Sack
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • bb_gun
  • Fozz
  • BroncsNBundy
  • mrtij
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.