10. McGuire
11. Thaiday
12. Parker
13. Glenn

14. Hala
15. J. Wallace
16. Whitchurch
17. Gillett

Really Parker on the edge rather than lock? I thought due to his comparative lack of mobility and straight hit up style of play he only suits lock or prop? That prop rotation would struggle with 80 minutes; the 2nd row can play longer minutes so probably only needs one sub so Anderson would replace j.wallace most likely. This list requires Macca to play 80 as well (As far as I know none of your bench can play hooker). But other than small shuffles a very realistic team. I really hope Hook doesn't do this (Almost certain he will) We shouldn't play it safe next year. We should have major positional changes (See my post). Hopefully Hook saw Hodge's potential at FB and often switches between him and Norman (doubt Hodges can play a full season there) it would keep defences guessing. There are plenty of players who can play in centres too. Eg. JYY, Copely, Whitchurch, hoffman and I really like the look of Glenn in centre and he can be covered in 2rf.

I think there was a general acceptance toward the end of the season that Hoffman is too one dimensional at FB and really lacks the ball playing skills and awareness for a side that now lacks a dominant playmaker. It was always one of the concerns about Hoffmans game and for a season it went away and he got a new contract out of it. It was alright when Locky was there to run off but we need more from the back now. K was always an important part in the clubs post-locky phase and while his absence at first may not have been felt, it certainly was this season and will again next season, particularly with Gagai being released. Kahu is easily our best option at FB for next year provided he can recover the football lost over the last two seasons.

Up front is also a concern, we lack the quality off the bench in the front row. Hala has his moments but they are few and once Hannant and McGuire come off Hala is not the sort of prop thats going to carry us out of our end. Dodds is probably the best hitter at the club since Tunza but again wont make us metres. Lui is a backrower imo and Wallace and the rest are still raw. Not sure Anderson is part of Hooks plans and it wouldn't surprise me if he was at another club next season. With no real alternatives Thaiday is going to have to shift up and play a fair bit of prop next year imo. If he is fit he could easily have a game similar to Graham and Kasiano at the dogs. Hannant's form this season and since he returned to the club imo has been pretty inconsistent and for the money he is on his game needs to improve and that may have to be off the bench.

Last edited:
Hoffman was going well at the start of the year. He will never be a player who has a lot of ball playing ability. It is up to the coaching staff to come up with a game plan that makes the most of our players strengths. I have no doubt that Hoffman is our best option at fullback for next year provided he regains his confidence.

I reckon Hoffman will bounce back and be very good for us next year as long as our halves and forward pack leads the way.

I can see Hoffman getting back into form next year. But is it going to help us coming up with points? I highly doubt it. Yeah, he might have more oomph in his kick returns or whatever, but once we get into the opposition 20, I can only see tears of frustration.

From other posts elsewhere answering my question: what do we do at training, people who have seen sessions said there were plenty of creative attacking plays being practised.

During the season, the team scored some terrific tries from clever plays. But in the back half of the season, they were increasingly irregular, and execution was inconsistent.

For mine, the issue is one of leadership, discipline and attitude. Get an assistant coach to focus on the mental side the game, create some kind of leadership using several players in key roles, and persist with the "spine" we started with.

The only positional change I would like to see is Parker in the prop rotation and Macca playing 80 mins.

The first half of 2012 showed we can do very well. Next season, we just need to do it a bit better, and for the whole 80.

1.Hoffman
2.Copley
3.Reed
4.Hodges
5.Yow Yeh
6.Wallace
7.Norman
8.Hannant
9.McCullough
10.McGuire
11.Glenn
12.Thaiday
13.Parker

14.Gillett
15.Hala

Anyone for last 2 spots.

I think we need to recruit some players from the Sharks. They're awesome.

Bait.Lure.Berley.Attractor...............Trolling ?Thought that sort of activity was banned..

Hoffman at Redcliffe please.

1. Bond
2. Maranta
3. Hodges
4. Reed
5. Copley
6. Norman
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. Granville
10. Thaiday
11. Dalziell-Don
12. Glenn
13. Parker

14.Butterfield
15.McGuire
16.Gillett
17.Dodds

1. Bond
2. Maranta
3. Hodges
4. Reed
5. Copley
6. Norman
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. Granville
10. Thaiday
11. Dalziell-Don
12. Glenn
13. Parker

14.Butterfield
15.McGuire
16.Gillett
17.Dodds

That's a great team although I'm not sure why you have left out capewell??? He clearly needs to be in for Wallace. Also I would be moving hodges into the backrow and reed to prop, putting Parker and McGuire into the centres. If maranta isn't cutting it I wouldn't be opposed to putting thaiday on the wing and maybe give kahu a run at prop, he has good hands so should be able to pass at the line well

That's a great team although I'm not sure why you have left out capewell??? He clearly needs to be in for Wallace. Also I would be moving hodges into the backrow and reed to prop, putting Parker and McGuire into the centres. If maranta isn't cutting it I wouldn't be opposed to putting thaiday on the wing and maybe give kahu a run at prop, he has good hands so should be able to pass at the line well
I'm a bit worried about Parker at lock. He should get some experience in the NSW cup.
On the other hand, Glenn is just too good for the NRL, I'm sure he'll be wowing the public very soon in Qcup!

I'm a bit worried about Parker at lock. He should get some experience in the NSW cup.
On the other hand, Glenn is just too good for the NRL, I'm sure he'll be wowing the public very soon in Qcup!

I share your concern actually. Parker has clearly been one of our worst for some time and it is time something is done about it. I mean I like the guy but seriously make a bloody tackle or something. Although we will miss Glenn I think we have held him back too long and for his own development needs to be able to step up to the superior comp, QLD cup.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Battler
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Lurker
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Manofoneway
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • cento
  • Browny
  • Yellowfella
  • Santa
  • Scorchie
  • Cavalo
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.