Your QLD team

What happens if we loose a forward, or worse... Cam Smith?

Of course, losing a forward from the rotation isn't ideal, but I prefer to have someone on the bench that can cover the halves and hooker, as well as being a more capable ruck defender, and has a x-factor about him.

Morgan is very good on the back of a dominant performance by his team, but can he conjure something out of thin air when his team is on the back foot or running out of time? I doubt it.

Besides, do you think Morgan has a future in the Origin squad when we have Hunt, Milford and DCE coming through?

Why do you think he can't tackle in the middle, he is a good defender. As far as I'm concerned he can do it all, he has played at 9 in NYC and the NRL, he played centre in the Qcup GF plays 7 6 and 1 is big enough to play an edge role and has speed to burn. The only spot he couldn't fill is prop but I guess that rules him out of being a utility.

Why do you think he can't tackle in the middle, he is a good defender. As far as I'm concerned he can do it all, he has played at 9 in NYC and the NRL, he played centre in the Qcup GF plays 7 6 and 1 is big enough to play an edge role and has speed to burn. The only spot he couldn't fill is prop but I guess that rules him out of being a utility.

In being a smart arse you have actually pointed out what my issue is with him, so thanks for that.

He played these other positions in the nyc or q cup. I don't remember him playing 9 in the NRL (he may have done but it really couldn't have been much) so that's why I don't view him as a utility.

So by pointing out that he can be a handy utility that makes me a smart arse?? GFY B4l why do you need to niggle so much???

So by pointing out that he can be a handy utility that makes me a smart arse?? GFY B4l why do you need to niggle so much???

You said "the only spot he couldn't fill in is prop but I guess that rules him out as a utility"

If you don't think that is being a smart arse you are kidding yourself. FTR I have no issue with you being a smart arse because that's how I post most of the time, but just own it.

And you really think that's niggle? **** me.

Mal has said he plans to send gagai home tomorrow. Slater is a certain starter, but Hodges (foot laceration) and Inglis (tonsilitis) still carry some doubt

Pfft. The only doubt is doubting that NSW believes this BS.

You said "the only spot he couldn't fill in is prop but I guess that rules him out as a utility"

If you don't think that is being a smart arse you are kidding yourself. FTR I have no issue with you being a smart arse because that's how I post most of the time, but just own it.

And you really think that's niggle? **** me.

Come on guuuuuys. Be nice or I'll be forced to take my shirt off.

A lot of Morgan haters on here.

The kid is a gun, he has played every position apart from front row and he has size and speed, he's the perfect utility for origin.

He played 2nd row and hooker off the bench for the PM's XIII last year and carved up as a centre winning a premiership in the QLD cup.

He's still developing but if you think he isn't in the class of Hunt, Milford etc you are either biased or haven't been watching his progress closely. He is special.

Can he win a game with individual brilliance? Yes, he has done it several times for the Cowboys.

I think it's highly likely that he will play a lot of rep footy, no matter how his debut goes next week. I'm quietly confident that he can be a game breaker.

A lot of Morgan haters on here.

The kid is a gun, he has played every position apart from front row and he has size and speed, he's the perfect utility for origin.

He played 2nd row and hooker off the bench for the PM's XIII last year and carved up as a centre winning a premiership in the QLD cup.

He's still developing but if you think he isn't in the class of Hunt, Milford etc you are either biased or haven't been watching his progress closely. He is special.

Can he win a game with individual brilliance? Yes, he has done it several times for the Cowboys.

I think it's highly likely that he will play a lot of rep footy, no matter how his debut goes next week. I'm quietly confident that he can be a game breaker.

Welcome to the forum Michael, and congrats on your origin selection :takdir:

EDIT: Flaming

Last edited by a moderator:
Benny Hunt should have got the nod over Morgan. He has paid his dues and was ready for the step up. Plus he looked fantastic for us last year in the 4 nations when he came on off the bench. I seriously questions Morgan's ability to defend at hooker if need by especially in SOO because he isn't going to replace a half or back unless injury strikes.

At NRL level, he has played well only at 1 and 6.
The fact he played other positions in lower and/or youth grades means little... he needs to translate it to the highest possible level, which is Origin of course. I don't think he could hold his own in any position that requires him to defend in the ruck, but I'll be very happy if he does!

So how do we get nashy to take his shirt off?

On a funny note.....did anybody see the footy show last night and Big Sammy Thaiday's interviews in the Maroons Camp? P*ssed myself laughing when he quizzed big GI about what he has done with the Boat that he had received from Storm. :rofl:

Thaiday just isn't scared to say anything really. They interviewed him on Nova the week he was suspended and he mentioned Hodges nick name in the squad......Tampon. Because he's in for a week then out for 3. Fucking gold.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Organix
  • Broncorob
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.