2008/2009 NFL Thread

We so deserved it. SEABASSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom Cable is a fckwit fyi.

yeah man **** tom cable as a HC bring him back as lineman coach for sure tho. his playcalling at times was atrocious. i dont blame him for the timeout really. it was actually a good call at the time, we all know hindsight is 20/20. but if feely kicked it the first time then missed the 2nd everyone would be saying go cable!!!11 in fact probably not, he sucks lol. i say we sign marty schottenheimer LOL!

in contrast, st louis has struck gold in jim haslett after firing linehan. rams are 2-0 under haslett in wins over washington and dallas! in a pretty poor division, they could actually make the playoffs!

The Niners just fired Nolan. Singletary is expected to take over!

Good call for the Niners. Could be a Haslett/Linehan situation.

Also, with Cable, who the fark calls a T.O with 8 seconds left while the opposition are lining up for a game-tying FG. Dumb move either way.

Lachy said:
Good call for the Niners. Could be a Haslett/Linehan situation.

Also, with Cable, who the fark calls a T.O with 8 seconds left while the opposition are lining up for a game-tying FG. Dumb move either way.

actually its quite a good call. remember last year when oakland were setting up for a game winning field goal from 55 against denver, seabass made the kick but denver had called timeout. seabass missed the following attempt. denver wins. the next week we played cleveland and the browns set up for a game winning fg, they kick it, but we called a t.o. the following attempt was blocked, raiders win. i actually would like to see the whole thing outlawed. but while its there, i think u gotta do it.

Icing the kicker is a bit of gamesmanship.Bit of a shit rule like the tuck rule, but that's the way it goes.

Je$ter said:
Icing the kicker is a bit of gamesmanship.Bit of a shit rule like the tuck rule, but that's the way it goes.

DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE GOD DAMN TUCK RULE.

Lol I was waiting for you or penny to bite on that one.

fucking tuck rule lol. The NFL loves tom brady.

so far today he is 6/19 for 31 yards, 0 tds and 1 int. is it safe to say that Jamarcus is a bust? as a number 1 pick?

also today we (oakland) became the first side since 1992 (!!!) to be held to minus yards for an entire half. that side in 92 though was indy! so hopefully soon we draft some country bumpkin qb and win the superbowl in 14 years! best we can hope for really.

I don't think JaMarcus Russell is a bust... yet.

He has 0 targets to give the ball to. No point being able to throw a ball 90odd yards with nobody to catch it.

Oakland, more like Jokeland.

Who would have forseen Titans 8-0?

yeah man, incredible hey. especially after they dump vince young for kerry freakin collins who was a joke in silver and black 3 seasons ago.

The Titans have the best OL, DL and DB I've seen together in one season since the Ravens in 2000. I could've seen them maybe 6-2.. but 8-0. Wow. I'll tell you what, perseverance pays off, Jeff Fisher has been with that franchise for what seems like a million years, and he's finally paving the way for the team..

TAKE A NOTE DAVIS.

FYI - JaMarcus was one of the biggest mistakes the organisation has ever made, instead of picking an awesome RE or LE, LB, DB.. OL... they chose him. I'd rather see Masques Tiasasupo or Andrew Walter before this joke. Even with a sensible tagert like Jerry Porter, he still can't throw for shit. Waste. Chased the big bucks and fooled our franchise into buying him. $60 million dollars later, still no results. WHAT A JOKE.

Al Davis is a douche. Instead of trading down and picking Gaines Adams or Joe Thomas or Patrick Willis, he went for the flashy player. Could have got 2 first rounders and instead youse havea QB that can throw a mile but can't hit the water if he fell out of the boat. That is when he isn't being sacked.

You can't 'just win baby' without the tough positions.

31 passing yards.. 31.. HTF is that possible??? Against a defense that doesnt even stack up to Pittsburgh or Tennessee. And now this is doing the rounds on the net.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/76331

Vick would add a dynamic alternative to JaMarcus Russell, Oakland's presumed quarterback of the future. The job should be Russell's to have for as long as he can keep it. He represents a massive investment, and he possesses the raw tools to be outstanding. But Vick, who has been clocked at 4.3 seconds in the 40, brings an entirely different approach. He was a quarterback in 2004, when he signed a 10-year, $130 million deal - the NFL's richest. Should he return, he'll likely be a hybrid, lining up at quarterback or running back or wide receiver.

I was a big fan of Michael Vick prior to his misdemeanors. He had a strong arm, and could throw the ball downfield without any problems. His accuracy could have been better, but hey, with an arm like that who cares. Not to mention he was quicker than 90% of the RB's in the NFL.

Personally, I would love to see Vick back in the NFL. He would definitely need to clean up his act, but I'm sure he could do it.

Depends on whether the NFL suspends him when he's released.

He runs a 4.30 shuttle.. I can only name like.. 3 RB's who have done that in recent times. One being DMAC. but.. I would like to see Vick with a decent team.. He could've been such a saviour for Atlanta.. but.. seems like Matt Ryan is doing a good job.

Active Now

• Broncos Maestro
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  • theshed
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • I bleed Maroon
  • johnyE
  • Robboi_321
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.