2008/2009 NFL Thread

Report: Raiders cut Hall
The Raiders waived two-time Pro Bowl cornerback DeAngelo Hall after eight games Tuesday. The stunning move is designed to cut the team's financial losses before Hall makes any more money, a team source told The Chronicle. That means Hall will have made $8 million for eight games while the Falcons got a second-round draft pick in their offseason trade with Oakland.(San Francisco Chronicle)

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. WHAT THE HELL? WHAT THE.. COME ONNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats our Al! (insert canned laughter)

ok the more ive looked into it, the better this is. apparently we are freeing up cash so we can finally sign up asomugha long term which is fucking fantastic. and we are apparently after haynesworth in the offseason. hopefully we waive javon walker now!

I mean, it may be a good idea seeing as though Hall can't cover his eyes at the moment. And are you kidding? As if we'll get Haynesworth, ESPECIALLY if the Titans win the SB.

Titans would be crazy not to sign up Haynesworth long term.

He's in a 4 way battle for Defensive MVP with Peezy, Demarcus Ware and Terrell Suggs. Imo.

pennywisealfie said:
ok the more ive looked into it, the better this is. apparently we are freeing up cash so we can finally sign up asomugha long term which is **** fantastic. and we are apparently after haynesworth in the offseason. hopefully we waive javon walker now!

You guys definitely need to pick up some WR's in the offseason. Whether it be the draft, or just signing fee agents. If Javon Walker is the best WR Oakland has, then they are always going to be in trouble.

I'm going to get on Russel's side as well. I think Je$ter said in another thread that he hasn't given up hope, and neither have I. Give him some WR's to throw to, and sign an O coach that can focus a bit more on the QB and he will be fine. Just look at his arm! If that doesn't scream potential I don't know what does.

Clintos said:
pennywisealfie said:
ok the more ive looked into it, the better this is. apparently we are freeing up cash so we can finally sign up asomugha long term which is **** fantastic. and we are apparently after haynesworth in the offseason. hopefully we waive javon walker now!

You guys definitely need to pick up some WR's in the offseason. Whether it be the draft, or just signing fee agents. If Javon Walker is the best WR Oakland has, then they are always going to be in trouble.

I'm going to get on Russel's side as well. I think Je$ter said in another thread that he hasn't given up hope, and neither have I. Give him some WR's to throw to, and sign an O coach that can focus a bit more on the QB and he will be fine. Just look at his arm! If that doesn't scream potential I don't know what does.

Dude... 71 yards offense. Russell is a joke. He IS Ryan Leaf.

Clintos said:
pennywisealfie said:

walker can be good, but not on the money he is on. i want us to say, seasons over, lets start building for the future, 2 or 3 years down the track. coz next year doesnt look good either. and weve been in this rut since 02 because we keep trying to win every year, when its clearly not going to happen. so get rid of these over-priced, under-performing players. re-sign guys like asomugha who give a damn about being a raider and then start building towards the future.

as for our past, Deangelo Hall signed with the redskins today.

Even Asomugha is reconsidering his stance. He's been pretty vocal about the firing of DeAngelo Hall.

I would've been too. I mean, every QB threw to Hall this season so far because Asomugha is a top shutdown corner. Brett Favre threw to him twice. Even an invincible like Favre who doesn't care about interceptions, still won't throw to him. He's that fkn good. And hall will always come under scrutiny if he's having every single pass thrown his way..

I think you and I should run Oakland chris. Turn that baby around!!

EDIT: The Oakland Raiders have the highest payroll in the NFL. What a surprise. WHAT A FKN SURPRISE.

Kansas City WHAT THE ****!!!!!

Perfect drive resulting in a TD, a goal to tie and go into OT. AND THEY TRY FOR 2!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is up with that??????

Lachy from Punchy said:
Even Asomugha is reconsidering his stance. He's been pretty vocal about the firing of DeAngelo Hall.

I would've been too. I mean, every QB threw to Hall this season so far because Asomugha is a top shutdown corner. Brett Favre threw to him twice. Even an invincible like Favre who doesn't care about interceptions, still won't throw to him. He's that fkn good. And hall will always come under scrutiny if he's having every single pass thrown his way..

I think you and I should run Oakland chris. Turn that baby around!!

EDIT: The Oakland Raiders have the highest payroll in the NFL. What a surprise. WHAT A FKN SURPRISE.

haha imagine dealing with all those egos! not fun. but we will win a superbowl or 2 im pretty sure :P

That's a shame actually. I usually pick up whichever defence is playing Oakland in our fantasy comp. :D

Hahaha. So did I. Carolina did the job for me this week.

Clintos said:
That's a shame actually. I usually pick up whichever defence is playing Oakland in our fantasy comp. :D

I wish I followed those words. WTF was I thinking - Ray Ray and Ed Reed vs. Jamarcus Russell!

Je$ter said:
Clintos said:

I wish I followed those words. WTF was I thinking - Ray Ray and Ed Reed vs. Jamarcus Russell!

LOL. Don't forget Suggs! He'd be in my short list for defensive MVP so far this year.

Keith Bullock would be in that equation as well..

I'd also like to make a call early for Clinton Portis as MVP or Drew Brees.

im rooting for kurt warner to bring hom mvp number 3. hope he continues his form, he could do it!

Active Now

• sooticus
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • GCBRONCO
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.