2021 Rule Changes

I can't see the 2 point FG changing much. Most attempts are shocking. Players need to be max 30 yards out and right in front. From 40 yards plus I reckon conversion percentage would be less than 5%.

I'll keep repeating myself.
**** vlandys.

WTF is a 2 point field goal? Way to bastardise the game. Typical horse racing dickhead who thinks money rules all things, field goal attempts will probably allow ch9 an extra ad break if it goes through.

Honestly, if Vlandy's doesn't **** off I may stop enjoying rugby league. I found 2020 probably the least enjoyable in my memory watching league. It's way too fast, this isn't fucking arcade. Once a team gets ahead, it's game over. It was just utterly shit. Part of the appeal of league is the pacing, the hard hits, the tension. None of that exists when it's ping pong one side of the field to the other.

Last edited:
**** vlandys.

WTF is a 2 point field goal? Way to bastardise the game. Typical horse racing dickhead who thinks money rules all things, field goal attempts will probably allow ch9 an extra ad break if it goes through.

He must really hate scrums too.

According to Paul Crawley, Fans LOVE the new rule chnages, but coaches remain wary.

he has quoted an unnamed coach:

“And I reckon it just shows a lack of confidence in our product,” the coach said.

“Like, we have a really good product.

“We made a couple big changes last season with one referee and six to go.

“By the end of the year I thought we were heading in the right direction.

“But I think if you just keep changing it just shows a lack of confidence in the product.

“And change leads to confusion.

“I would just like to see them let it settle for a year or two and let everyone enjoy it.

“I think they are just giving referees too many tools.”

NRL head of football Graham Annesley says:

“But who would have thought this time last year that we would be back to one referee and having six again for ruck infringements,” Annesley said.

“The rules are changed with the very best of intentions to try and make the game more exciting for fans to watch and more continuity.

“I am confident will see that.”

Honestly, if Vlandy's doesn't **** off I may stop enjoying rugby league. I found 2020 probably the least enjoyable in my memory watching league. It's way too fast, this isn't fucking arcade. Once a team gets ahead, it's game over. It was just utterly shit. Part of the appeal of league is the pacing, the hard hits, the tension. None of that exists when it's ping pong one side of the field to the other.
To be honest, I think the lack of enjoyment was because the Broncos were awful. I feel the same way, but thinking about it if the Broncos actually adapted to the rules better and were competitive, I'd probably support last year's rule changes more. I mean it wasn't even that long ago we were against the mud pit that the Storm created. I think I definitely prefer fast quality footy to wrestling shit and hopefully as the teams adjust and some things get fine tuned we won't have as many blow outs.

I can't see the 2 point FG changing much. Most attempts are shocking. Players need to be max 30 yards out and right in front. From 40 yards plus I reckon conversion percentage would be less than 5%.
That's because no one is practicing for it yet.

A lot of the time you can get the ball to around the 50m mark off a set of six... if you get yourself to around the 40m mark your kicking options are basically limited to a bomb.

If you miss a field goal you probably give up a 7 tackle set... but a guy like Arey could start practicing these now and putting them away at a decent click. Also if you nail one you get the ball back.

It's a slippery slope and makes absolutely zero sense.... I cant think of anyone who would be thinking... "you know what maybe a field goal should be worth more points. I'd really like to see teams kick them more often"

Except maybe Peter Fitzsimons who wants to see rugby league die and thinks union is doing a decent job at it so NRL should copy them

Last edited:
I wish they'd do something about players walking off the mark before playing the ball.
6 agains because of markers not being square does my head in when the tackled player takes a step sideways.
Can I like this more than once !!!

Absolute pet hate of mine... creates such a massive advantage for the attack with zero consequence (if caught the ref only stalls them for a couple seconds to re-play the ball)

It’s yet another rule the officials can no longer officiate, because they’ve let it get to the point where it happens 30 times a game.

Last edited:
**** vlandys.

The grub probably had his pockets filled again by ch9 and the betting agencies

Pretty much on the money, I watch with the sound low as I can't stand listening to Gus or Amphetamine Andrew, trying to follow the play is getting harder the last couple of seasons, all the talk is about speeding up the game, same as cricket has done with T20, well f*** it I am a 5 day test match sort of guy and I want to see some good slog in the forwards, the way they are making changes to speed up the game, you will never again see front rowers built like an Andrew Gee, Martin Bella or George Rose of years gone past.
Id rather listen to those 2 flogs than billy slater and thurston ...who cant put 2 words together between that fucking horrendous giggling like a schoolgirl

Still no serious crackdown on the wrestle and tactics to slow down the ruck.

Still no serious crackdown on the wrestle and tactics to slow down the ruck.

It’ll just be the 6-again forever. May as well just go back to the 60’s with the unlimited tackles and 2 point drop goals.

Side note: reading up on the history of rule changes is quite interesting. Most were repealed or amended a couple of years later

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Aldo
  • lynx000
  • sooticus
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.