2021 Rule Changes

The Rugby League rulebook is the most scribbled in book in world sport. It resembles the Wall of Laws in Animal Farm at this point. Vlandys has absolutely no idea what he's doing. We've gone from the majority wanting golden point replaced with golden try because everyone was sick of the inevitable field goal shootouts, to making the field goal even more appealing by making it 2 points from 40 out. Presumably they think they will be a rare occurrence because it's 40 metres out, but that won't stop cocky players from regularly attempting it anyway.

The Rugby League rulebook is the most scribbled in book in world sport. It resembles the Wall of Laws in Animal Farm at this point. Vlandys has absolutely no idea what he's doing. We've gone from the majority wanting golden point replaced with golden try because everyone was sick of the inevitable field goal shootouts, to making the field goal even more appealing by making it 2 points from 40 out. Presumably they think they will be a rare occurrence because it's 40 metres out, but that won't stop cocky players from regularly attempting it anyway.
The most frustrating thing is a 2-point field goal will likely be a spur of the moment thing or not planned (we're down with no time left and have to take a pot shot)... so there's every chance a team potentially deserving of the win will be screwed by some bullshit field goal from 40.1m out

What am I saying it will clearly be the Broncos getting screwed by this rule, except some bastard will pot a field goal from 60m out with no time left on the clock to beat us by 1 and we'll have to watch the bastard in every highlight video for eternity... just like the last game of 2015

Last edited:
The most frustrating thing is a 2-point field goal will likely be a spur of the moment thing or not planned (we're down with no time left and have to take a pot shot)... so there's every chance a team potentially deserving of the win will be screwed by some bullshit field goal from 40.1m out

What am I saying it will clearly be the Broncos getting screwed by this rule, except some bastard will pot a field goal from 60m out with no time left on the clock to beat us by 1 and we'll have to watch the bastard in every highlight video for eternity... just like the last game of 2015

Butbutbut dramatic 'victory from the jaws of defeat' moments in games are great for the headlines!

Butbutbut dramatic 'victory from the jaws of defeat' moments in games are great for the headlines!
Sorry forgot about the fairytales and all that ... NSWRL newest marketing manager confirmed to be

moving walt disney GIF

That **** vlandys thinks hes rhe messiah and all the **** is the centre of a bukkake party

I wish they'd do something about players walking off the mark before playing the ball.
6 agains because of markers not being square does my head in when the tackled player takes a step sideways.
Its bullshit and certain teams do it all game....one of the origin games nsw gained extra 2-3 metres walkin off the mark and qlder told to get back...JWH at rorters been doing it his whole career

I’m all for innovation but perhaps they should nominate five rules a year and the public chooses two.
They’re just making stuff up at this point

Highlights of next year's rugby league international between Australia and New Zealand's world cup final:

Highlights of next year's rugby league international between Australia and New Zealand's world cup final:

I guess there's no point watching it next year now, is there. 😜

I won't mind though, I actually kinda cheer for the Kiwis, I feel like Australia needs some competition.

Last edited:
a new rule has been revealed today:

from Round 11 clubs will be able to call up players that are outside their top 30 from their QLD/NSW cup affiliates. these players will be required to have signed to a training deal to be able to take the field

I quite like that rule. Makes a lot of sense really, so I’m sure I must be wrong about the NRL making a good decision somehow.
They will find a way to **** it up, don't you worry

a new rule has been revealed today:

from Round 11 clubs will be able to call up players that are outside their top 30 from their QLD/NSW cup affiliates. these players will be required to have signed to a training deal to be able to take the field
Only if there is no bubble this season. I like the rule, might give a player a chance instead of just a pre-season.

Would take a massive injury toll to be used.

Last edited:
It's a good change that fixes one of the biggest flaws of the NRL squad system. Before you were basically locked into that 32 Man (29 players + 3 development players) squad with very little flexibility. So if you had a huge injury toll or players that were struggling for one reason or another there was very little you could do even though there were better options in the Queensland Cup or NSW Cup. Not only does this help the NRL players but it gives players in the QCup and NSW Cup added incentive to stick around and play good consistent football so they can take advantage of that window of opportunity.

Sometimes all it takes is one good performance to open up many doors.

The only loophole I could see is if you had a player like Karmichael Hunt stick around at Souths, brain it and instead of being paid what he's worth, the Broncos sit on it until Round 11 and then get him at a much cheaper rate. Or if you have a player seek a release and instead of signing with an NRL club right away, they sign with Redcliffe for 2021 but the Warriors for 2022. I'm sure they'll have measures put in place but that's a potential flaw that sticks out.

It's a good change that fixes one of the biggest flaws of the NRL squad system. Before you were basically locked into that 32 Man (29 players + 3 development players) squad with very little flexibility. So if you had a huge injury toll or players that were struggling for one reason or another there was very little you could do even though there were better options in the Queensland Cup or NSW Cup. Not only does this help the NRL players but it gives players in the QCup and NSW Cup added incentive to stick around and play good consistent football so they can take advantage of that window of opportunity.

Sometimes all it takes is one good performance to open up many doors.

The only loophole I could see is if you had a player like Karmichael Hunt stick around at Souths, brain it and instead of being paid what he's worth, the Broncos sit on it until Round 11 and then get him at a much cheaper rate. Or if you have a player seek a release and instead of signing with an NRL club right away, they sign with Redcliffe for 2021 but the Warriors for 2022. I'm sure they'll have measures put in place but that's a potential flaw that sticks out.

Clubs might take a bit more attention about who they’re being sent. At the moment it’s send us two. If they might get used you might focus more who what you could potentially use.

Paves the way for Khunt to play for us this year

Last edited:

Active Now

• broncotville
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • Skathen
  • Hurrijo
  • HarryAllan7
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Fitzy
  • jarro65
  • Manifesto
  • Old Mate
  • whykickamoocow
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.