POST GAME [2022 State of Origin - Game 3] QLD vs NSW

For me:

3 - Ponga (he was immense)
2 - Hunt (that was redemption, a number of clutch plays and led the kick pressure all night to get the chance for that amazing play at the end)
1 - Carrigan (What a series1)

Everyone were truly great.

Was thinking the same.

Cotter, Carrigan, Collins and Tino. With Flegs and others in the wings.we’ll be right
Thinking about it it's such a massive series for those young middle forwards.

The most experienced prop was a passenger basically the whole series (thought Papa played well this game) and the next most experienced (Arrow) was starting off the bench and didn't get picked for game 1.

Patty and Collins stood up and have basically put a mortgage on the starting middle for Qld going forward. I thought Tino was pretty quiet this series, was better in Game 3, so it was basically all the new inexperienced middles that really made the difference and took it to NSW's more 'celebrated' middle rotation.

Cotter was outstanding in game 1 and gets added straight back into this squad next year.

That was a gutsy play from Hunt.

If he didn't get that right, NSW would have got 6 more tackles in an attacking zone instead of losing the ball from a stupid chip kick from Cleary when everyone was covered.

It could have easily been the moment that lost us the game. Very gutsy.
It was a charge down (not a knock on) and he's probably in prime position to get it after he makes contact as only Yeo is there.

I think he saw that he could make a play at the kick and somewhat 'control' it to where it would go after the charge down so he would be there ready to jump on it.

I think Cleary realised as well that his thought for a chip kick in that instance was the wrong call, so he only half kicked it and Bhunt was able to catch it instead of a charge down, because he was in two minds about going through with the kick but had no other option after committing.

@Browny @BroncosAlways Here's the Joey footage lol What a fucking sook.

I love the second look Fatty gives him towards the end like "You serious dude?"
He's already copping it

And for all the waxing lyrical shit Gould did before kick off the fat **** never said a word after it. So good to see him off spooking somewhere. Suffer in yer jocks Gould.

I’m so glad I don’t watch channel 9, that commentary was appalling. What an absolute disgrace that the lead commentator could not hide his bias. I don’t know who he was but if he is taking over from Warren, that is just another blight on the game. That was a horrendous call for anyone not supporting NSW. Totally unprofessional.

Active Now

• OnToSomething
  • Yellowfella
  • Mighty Bronx
  • scobie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.