POST GAME [2022 State of Origin - Game 3] QLD vs NSW

I’m so glad I don’t watch channel 9, that commentary was appalling. What an absolute disgrace that the lead commentator could not hide his bias. I don’t know who he was but if he is taking over from Warren, that is just another blight on the game. That was a horrendous call for anyone not supporting NSW. Totally unprofessional.

don't you have to watch the game on channel 9?

Singin' Aye Aye Yippee Yippee Aye
Singin' Aye Aye Yippee Yippee Aye
Singin' Aye Aye Yippee Yippee Aye Aye Yippee Yippee Aye Aye Yippee Yippee Aye!

I remember a game back in 2007. Queensland had the series wrapped up and in the first tackle of the game Dallas Johnson knocked himself out. Over the course of the game I believe they lost Tate, Inglis and Myles before eventually succumbing to the Blues. Had the Maroons won, it would have been the gutsiest victory of all-time.

Tonight, they pulled it off with the series on the line.

They went into the game and lost Munster and Taulagi before a ball was even kicked. Then in the opening exchanges of the game they lose Cobbo & Collins which causes a major reshuffle and on top of that they had to come from behind to win it.

It's just sensational and so well deserved.

To me that performance had the legendary spine's finger tips all over it. The early kicks was a trademark of Cameron Smith and while they got it wrong in Game II, tonight they nailed it and the kick chase was unbelievable from the Maroons.

I'll admit during the game I was disappointed with DCE's under-cooked grubbers close to the line but in hindsight it was a smart each way bet. At the very least the kicks were never going dead and the Blues were going to have to work it basically from their own goal-line giving the Maroons the advantage. It was a smart tactic and it played a key role from the Maroons.

I thought everyone did their job but the spine led the way. Cherry-Evans' was in everything, Ponga brought all the steps and played with the intensity he's often accused of lacking and both Hunt and Grant backed themselves at key moments. Special shout out to Dearden too who was just class in everything he did. He was brilliant in defence, his try-saver then try-assist was a huge moment in the game and he never switched off at any stage. I'd almost put Ponga's try down as a Dearden TA as well considering it came off his half-break.

I loved the physicality Queensland played with and when the Blues did get their noses out infront they were able to hang in and jag that try. Capewell had a few forgettable moments but when the team really needed him most he stepped up to the plate and scored a try he really had no right to score.

Ponga was a well deserved Man of the Match, but I'm so glad Ben Hunt got to score that try. A lesser man would have let 2015 get the better of him, but tonight he'll go down for that do or die try and there wasn't a more deserving player.

It's going to be difficult to rate this series win. It's easily right up there with the best like 1987, 1991, 1995, 2001, 2006, 2012, 2017 etc.

I forgot that was actually Ponga's first series win.

Good for him to get that monkey off his back.

I haven’t watched the game yet but the most satisfying thing about this result for me is the fact that some in the media were prepared to anoint Fittler as the newest SuperCoach if he won this game.

Watching the Fox League replay, I thought Anasta was going to have a meltdown about NSW's poor performance in the second half.

It was fun to hear.

I’m so glad I don’t watch channel 9, that commentary was appalling. What an absolute disgrace that the lead commentator could not hide his bias. I don’t know who he was but if he is taking over from Warren, that is just another blight on the game. That was a horrendous call for anyone not supporting NSW. Totally unprofessional.

Cameron Smith wasn't a whole lot better as Ben Hunt scorched away for the game sealing try

As a QLD fan, I was cheering with him but it wasn't very professional of him

Someone's going to have to run it by me how the fk Stephen Crichton got his spot over Kotoni Staggs, he was almost the worst player on the field last night
Because panthers.... talaki and Crichton over staggs. Fittler is a fuvking idiot. Can't believe he was getting praised after all his changes regardless of the result in Perth. Without Mitchell and turbo winning a series for him you only get 1 win Max out of changes like that yet you destroy trust and loyalty in your playing group- which will coat you over multiple series

Crichton just has no ability to beat a man 1 on 1, the edge of Crichton and Tupou gave them nothing to work with in attack

im very torn on Gags, had a much better game but played on the wing so idk, feel like his time may be up if they move cobbo to centres next year
Have we ever lost a game of origin with Capewell at centre?

Because panthers.... talaki and Crichton over staggs. Fittler is a fuvking idiot. Can't believe he was getting praised after all his changes regardless of the result in Perth. Without Mitchell and turbo winning a series for him you only get 1 win Max out of changes like that yet you destroy trust and loyalty in your playing group- which will coat you over multiple series

It's not like the team we had when we won 8 in a row but they've definitely had the advantage in terms of depth, we've had to rely on people making their debut to have some stand out performances

Not sure how Fittler can go on

Someone's going to have to run it by me how the fk Stephen Crichton got his spot over Kotoni Staggs, he was almost the worst player on the field last night

If not for Talakai, Crichton would have been comfortably worst player on the field but again, thanks to Talakai, there is an argument he was only second worst. The reality is Crichton was hands down the worst player of the series. He was worse than Staggs in game 1 and did nothing in games 2 and 3. I was shocked he was retained over Wighton.

Active Now

• OnToSomething
  • Yellowfella
  • Mighty Bronx
  • scobie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.