2023 State of Origin Discussion

Has Khan-Pereira declared his allegiance?

He moved up to Gold Coast at 9 years of age and played junior footy up here so he qualifies for QLD. He's been a shining light for the Gold Coast this year and I would have him in the side over Coates.
He is in the Qld eligilble list on the QRL site.

I think that try where he kicked it over Gutho and took it himself rather then give it to Foran for an easy try is why I wouldn't pick him, this is his debut season too I'm pretty sure I would give it another season tbh, he is probably a little too erratic.

But from what I have seen he is quite skilled and very fast.

Bennett had no choice in 2020. We have probably 10+ better choices than Khan-Pereira currently.
Right now, but things can change in a hurry.

Again food for thought and all that.

Right now, but things can change in a hurry.

Again food for thought and all that.
Yeah sure, if we are thinking about what to do if the squad is selected and are in a huge bus crash and they collide head on with the QLD B side, he could get a gig in the replacements of the replacements.

Yeah sure, if we are thinking about what to do if the squad is selected and are in a huge bus crash and they collide head on with the QLD B side, he could get a gig in the replacements of the replacements.
Or maybe Lofi Khan-Pereira continues to improve, comes into camp, continues to improve some more and you potentially have the (or another) Queensland version of Addo-Carr on deck.

11 tries in 9 games, it would be close minded of the selectors not to have him on the radar.

Qld's forward depth this year is ridiculous, you could make two packs of worthy selections (sounds like it should be a chocolate brand)

I like the Hammer selection, I'd also loved to get him in there, can cover any position in the backline. I'd have him comfortably ahead of Coates too. I'd also consider running him out at centre.

A form team would look something like:

1. Walsh
2. Hammer
3. Tass
4. Gagai
5. Cobbo
6. Munster
7. DCE
8. Tino
9. Hunt
10. Flegler
11. Capewell
12. Fifita
13. Carrigan

14. Grant
15. Mo
16. Gilbert
17. Kaufusi
Interesting to see Tass’s name in the mix. He couldn’t get a game for us. In fact, I bet few Broncos’ fans know he was one of ours.

Qld's forward depth this year is ridiculous, you could make two packs of worthy selections (sounds like it should be a chocolate brand)

I like the Hammer selection, I'd also loved to get him in there, can cover any position in the backline. I'd have him comfortably ahead of Coates too. I'd also consider running him out at centre.

A form team would look something like:

1. Walsh
2. Hammer
3. Tass
4. Gagai
5. Cobbo
6. Munster
7. DCE
8. Tino
9. Hunt
10. Flegler
11. Capewell
12. Fifita
13. Carrigan

14. Grant
15. Mo
16. Gilbert
17. Kaufusi

Holmes?..

Despite how shit the Cows are playing, he's consistently still playing good footy every week, not to mention how invaluable his goal kicking is.

Interesting to see Tass’s name in the mix. He couldn’t get a game for us. In fact, I bet few Broncos’ fans know he was one of ours.
Don’t think it is all that surprising really. He is the starting left centre of the form team in the comp at the minute. He has played really well, consistently and reliably since his debut. I for one feel way better that there is someone after Gagai and Holmes who can play in the centres. I think he suits the origin arena and whilst he shouldn’t start he is more than capable of performing in that arena. Hammer as well can cover centre if there was to be an injury however whilst Oates is out I have him as my other winger with Cobbo. Fully deserving to be in the conversation considering Qld’s circumstances in that position.

Holmes is like Gagai, pretty much always performs for Queensland.

Don’t think it is all that surprising really. He is the starting left centre of the form team in the comp at the minute. He has played really well, consistently and reliably since his debut. I for one feel way better that there is someone after Gagai and Holmes who can play in the centres. I think he suits the origin arena and whilst he shouldn’t start he is more than capable of performing in that arena. Hammer as well can cover centre if there was to be an injury however whilst Oates is out I have him as my other winger with Cobbo. Fully deserving to be in the conversation considering Qld’s circumstances in that position.
I think I was the only BHQer pushing his pram:

Excited Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Tass would never be ahead of Holmes.

Khan-Pereira plays for...Iraq I guess?

jafar__aladdin__by_inkonix_dffhrpr-fullview.jpg

Does anyone know why he wears the nose thing?

I think I was the only BHQer pushing his pram:

I remember there were a few fans of his after the Seagulls game - Sproj being one. He's always been a strong runner but I was never that impressed with his defence and he had an error in him. Still has his moments, but in a good team, he's been able to do his part and has grown in confidence.

I remember there were a few fans of his after the Seagulls game - Sproj being one. He's always been a strong runner but I was never that impressed with his defence and he had an error in him. Still has his moments, but in a good team, he's been able to do his part and has grown in confidence.

He's going well for Souths but when he was here and even at the Cutters I thought he was average and looked disinterested always looked like if he wasn't beating tackles he wasn't too interested in the game. Souths have done a good job turning him around.

I thought ISC would be his level. Not sure what Souths did that the Broncos and Dogs didn't do but clearly it resonated with him.

I don't care about NSW but imo They should be looking at Montoya for left wing which is an open position atm, of course NSW don't have the thought capability to look outside of the Sydney clubs but he is probably the best left winger that's eligible for them on form having a career best year atm.

On David Fifita, I think this is the year he must be picked no matter what, NSW media right now are looking at Olakau'atu like he is the best second rower that has ever existed atm, yet big Dave is beating him in every single metric he is good at this year, he is the best second rower form wise with daylight second at the moment, it might be Foran that has unlocked his best but man he is playing well right now(I think it's another example of having some good experience in your side can make alot of players around them much better).

I don't know if I would have him starting because Capewell plays soo well for QLD and is very versatile, but he has to be in the side.

On David Fifita, I think this is the year he must be picked no matter what, NSW media right now are looking at Olakau'atu like he is the best second rower that has ever existed atm, yet big Dave is beating him in every single metric he is good at this year, he is the best second rower form wise with daylight second at the moment, it might be Foran that has unlocked his best but man he is playing well right now(I think it's another example of having some good experience in your side can make alot of players around them much better).

I don't know if I would have him starting because Capewell plays soo well for QLD and is very versatile, but he has to be in the side.
He definitely has to be in the team.

I can see them putting him in the 17 jersey and starting Capewell. After 30mins or so bring Capes off and put Fifita on that left edge.

Capewell then becomes the utility on the bench to cover outside backs if needed.

He could be starting by origin 2 or 3, pending how he goes off the bench for 50mins, but get him back into the groove and ease him back into origin via the bench I'm thinking

Either way, the QLD forward pack depth looks as strong as it ever has.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • cento
  • PETERN
  • lynx000
  • mystico
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • broncoscope
  • Fitzy
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.