Anthony Mundine at it again

fredie

fredie

Banned User
Sep 28, 2008
Put down the magic mushrooms fredie .......do you not remember Les Darcy....Lionel Rose ......Mundine snr......Jeff Fenech....Kostya Tszyu .......these are the guys who help put Australia on the boxing map

not who the f*ck is the "man" Mundine.

Anthony Mundine is Australia's joke on world boxing.......

Put the crack pipe down get off the cookie munching. all i said was choc put boxing in the aussie newspapers headlines . most overseas commentators would say choc is a very solid boxer with a few world title belts in different weight divisions . I could not care less what choc says . its all about what happens in the ring

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Most overseas commentators have no idea who Mundine is Fredie. He literally has zero profile anywhere except Australia, the only fight he could get himself was against a 41 year old who hadn't held a belt since 1996 when Mundine was a young league player. The only fighters in recent years to give Australia world exposure are Tszyu, Fenech and to some extent Katsidis (through bloody tough big main event fights in the US). Katsidis is the perfect polar opposite to Mundine and the example as to Mundine's career has been a pathetic joke played out to a limited and waning Australia only audience, Katsidis has fought some of the best fighters on the planet and held his own in brutal slugfests but has never stepped away from a challenge and has always seeked the biggest fights. Mundine early on avoided big fights (he dodged Green for 5 years then fought him at very low weights for Green), he went and got tapped by Ottke in Germany and basically didn't fight anyone else good for years. His best ever performance in my opinion was his loss to Kessler who is a very good fighter, he held his jaw and went toe to toe for 12 rounds with him but yet again he didn't capitalise on the respectable performance by going after other big names overseas, he stayed at home and fought pensioners and parttimers. Saddest thing for me is he is a very talented boxer and athlete who through bad management and an ego that can't handle losing or looking foolish he has continually refused to seek the big fights.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
fredie...I've watched the fight game for over thirty five years. I pay attention and know good fighters when I see them. Mundine is a good fighter with a great pedigree. His father was a better fighter, much closer to true world class. unfortunately his Dad was a bit fragile in the chin area,just like his son. What got boxing going again was not Mundine, it was a combination of two things. Firstly Jeff fenech rose to world wide attention and Pay TV took hold and needed content. Consequently boxing started earning money because it has always been popular. The reason why is simple, boxing was the worlds first sport. Fighting has always been a love for (mainly) males and formalized fights was a natural result.

Mundines good without being a great fighter and he has not fought the best, his big mouth made sure that couldn't happen. He could have proven his claims had he fought in America but he was terrified to go to the USA (after 9/11) because he feared assassination. In a little pond he was a big fish but it wasn't the ocean where the true giants roamed.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Compare Mundine to some of the greats like Apollo Creed, Ivan Drago, Clubber Lang, Glass Joe etc. and he is a nobody.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Actually fredie..although those guys could throw a few good punches they are not the worlds elite. Mundine always claimed he was the supreme athlete, the worlds best etc but it simply was never true. Mundine did not put boxing on the map, boxing was fine before him. Pay tv put boxing back into our loungerooms, not Mundine. Mundine put himself forward and there is no doubting his self promotion but he never was and never will be the worlds best. I know you want to stick up for him but when, in 10 to 20 years time ,people talk about Australias great boxers Mundine will not be considered our best, just an also ran.

Well said CF, 100% agree

fredie

fredie

Banned User
Sep 28, 2008
Jeff Fenech grabbed everyone's attention when he was winning all those world championship belts

fredie

fredie

Banned User
Sep 28, 2008
Fresh reports are Danny ''the real deal'' Gearl has put his latest world champion belt on the line for choc ''the man '' mundine fight

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Fredie can you please stop bumping this thread up. I'm sure nobody here wants to discuss what that fool thinks or says. Write your comments on your facebook page.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I'm still sure you called Mundine a racist ****.

I think you were right to do so......

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
What I was about to say was that he said "Australia is one of the most racist countries in the world" but I stuttered and said count. I think Mundine is a prick of the highest order but I didn't feel like making a big hate video.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
sounded like ****....not count.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Bman it's not a bad thing to take credit for ;)

fredie

fredie

Banned User
Sep 28, 2008
Danny gearl has forfeited the middle weight belt he won in germany early this year .
the other belt he has is up for grabs vs choc ''the man'' mundine
thats what choc demanded . the belt

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Mundine claims Trout is a nobody and says he is waiting for a fight with either Cotto or Mayweather......Trout beat Cotto yesterday further proving how stupid/scared Mundine really must be.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Oh how I would love to see Mundine fight Mayweather. Holy shit Floyd would fucking destroy him.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.