Any reasons Broncs WON'T win wooden spoon?

T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014
i dont think the spoon will be heading to red hill, however I do think the finals are going to be a struggle. If hook falls on his sword 6 or 7 games in, the bronco faithful better hope they don't hand the reigns over to steve kearney... He will have the likes of ben roberts and the rest of the rubbish he bought into parramatta who have now finally been cleared out and suiting up at red hill before you know it... I still don't know what he brings to the club.

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
Well we were what two games out of the eight last year. Since then we have added a dallym medalist to our spine. We added a winger that was once tipped to play origin. We added Qld 18th man to our forward pack. We got rid of two of if not the worst halves in the nrl and added one that has potential to be brilliant. How are we going to go worse at all.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Well we were what two games out of the eight last year. Since then we have added a dallym medalist to our spine. We added a winger that was once tipped to play origin. We added Qld 18th man to our forward pack. We got rid of two of if not the worst halves in the nrl and added one that has potential to be brilliant. How are we going to go worse at all.
Please stop bringing logic and common sense to the discussion...

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013

And we're going to play that Dally M winner out of position because we keep getting injuries and can't recruit the right people to play the right positions...

So we'll have another makeshift 'rebuilding' year where we mark time and achieve nothing despite being the strongest and richest club in the comp.

But hey, at least we sold plenty of those nice looking black t shirts, so everything must be going alright, eh?

It's not like football should be a football club's priority afterall...

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I guess I'll bite..

It's not out of the real of impossibility that we get the wooden spoon, if I was to put odds on it I'd say about 250:1, we'd need a LOT of injuries to key players (Barba, Parker, McGuire, Hodges), some horrific luck, some terrible coaching.. but as I said, I guess that could happen..

I'd certainly be putting money on about 6 other clubs well before us though.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
[h=2]Re: Any reasons Broncs WON'T win wooden spoon?[/h]

Yes.........because there are shittier clubs lining up in 2014 than us.

Eels
Canberra
Penrith
Tigers
Warriors
St Merge

are all better odds, IMO, of taking out the spoon ahead of Brisbane.

88to2006Glorydays

88to2006Glorydays

NYC Player
Jul 9, 2013
Yes.........because there are shittier clubs lining up in 2014 than us.

Eels
Canberra
Penrith
Tigers
Warriors
St Merge

You just lost any credibility bud. Penrith will be top 6. They are a club on the rise. Warriors will smoke us and even Ricky Stuart is capable of a good season as he always has for the first season.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
You just lost any credibility bud. Penrith will be top 6. They are a club on the rise. Warriors will smoke us and even Ricky Stuart is capable of a good season as he always has for the first season.

And you have just lost what little credibility you had.

please refresh my memory, where did Ricky Stuart coach Paramatta to for his first season in charge there... and then tell me if you think that was a GOOD season

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
And you have just lost what little credibility you had.

please refresh my memory, where did Ricky Stuart coach Paramatta to for his first season in charge there... and then tell me if you think that was a GOOD season

Don't forget Sharks finished 11th in 2007. That's not a good season.

He won a premiership in 2002, but Roosters were already a good side. Stuarts record with average teams is terrible, and that's exactly what the Raiders are.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

I see Gus has brainwashed you too. They've just bought two halves that nobody wants and lost their most damaging forward, Mose Masoe and replace him with that pillow Brent Kite. Even Gus thinks they have 4 more years before they become a force.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Yes.........because there are ****tier clubs lining up in 2014 than us.

Eels
Canberra
Penrith
Tigers
Warriors
St Merge

Disagree about the Panthers. Penrith are looking pretty good for the future (stack of talented juniors, a terrific underrated coach, very successful under 20's team and money to spend) wouldn't surprise me if they made the 8 this year. Fair enough with the others though but I feel the Tigers might surprise a few if they have the right run of luck injury wise.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
penrith. they arent going anywhere
rookie full back, two unwanted halves, and kingston just getting in the road of segeyahoo actually being a starting hooker.

idris will be nullified because wallace takes half an hour to throw a pass. he'll have no time just like the broncos outside backs for the last couple of years.

peachey is an exciting player though. they've got a decent forward pack though yes kite is a plodder.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
penrith. they arent going anywhere
rookie full back, two unwanted halves, and kingston just getting in the road of segeyahoo actually being a starting hooker.

idris will be nullified because wallace takes half an hour to throw a pass. he'll have no time just like the broncos outside backs for the last couple of years.

peachey is an exciting player though. they've got a decent forward pack though yes kite is a plodder.

Totally agree with all of this. We wanted Wallace gone and rightly so, but now he is penriths halfback all of a sudden they are going to be a powerhouse? Ok...

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I think Wallace could go well at Panthers. Soward would be the one doing most of the work in my opinion.

Last edited:
noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
sowards been as bad as wallace for a couple years. i just dont understand why people think putting two players run out of their respective teams together suddenly equals a good combo

cleary may be smart enough to coach to the teams strengths though.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  • Santa
  • bazza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • thenry
  • Mr Fourex
  • Harry Sack
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Sproj
  • Dash
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • TommieToona
  • HVbronco
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.