Any reasons Broncs WON'T win wooden spoon?

R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013
Whoops. My bad.

Peter Wallace is a terrible player. He was never any good. The club made the finals in spite of his terrible play. He was a slower, less creative version of Shane Perry. I laughed hysterically when he ruptured his testicle in Origin. Bet the house on the Broncos to win the 2009 prelim final against the Storm when he got injured. I championed Ben Hunt to replace him as halfback since 2010. Panthers will win the wooden spoon in 2014.

Last edited:
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Peter Wallace did quite well in Lockyer's absence back in 2008. In fact, he did well right up until he played Origin. He is a good player, he just needs the right players around him and the right halves partner. Lots of halves are that way. Something tells me Lockyer wouldn't have been that great if he was playing for the Eels...

Wallace just didn't fit in at the Broncos, but it doesn't mean he is a bad player.

Last edited:
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Peter Wallace did quite well in Lockyer's absence back in 2008. In fact, he did well right up until he played Origin. He is a good player, he just needs the right players around him and the right halves partner. Lots of halves are that way. Something tells me Lockyer wouldn't have been that great if he was playing for the Eels...

Wallace just didn't fit in at the Broncos, but it doesn't mean he is a bad player.

I disagree. He reeks of someone who would excel in Super League but nowhere else.

austin71

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013
Wallaces service was to slow. The amount of times he got hammered when he was just about to pass it was crazy. And service and kicking was all he really had Imo.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Wallaces service was to slow. The amount of times he got hammered when he was just about to pass it was crazy. And service and kicking was all he really had Imo.

Even his kicking game became too slow and tentative.

On more than a couple of occasions he was too slow to get his kick away (even blind freddy could see it ....and yet he'd still kick!) and the kick would get charged down and regained by the opposition.

T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014
wallace was a victim of poor coaching and lack of options. You look at any half in the comp, if they are getting slow ball from the dummy half it kills them. ( mcullough is pedestrian) also what was noticeable was the lack of quick play the balls from the majority of the broncos pack (parker not included).. Its common knowledge that a half back needs a roll on to play attacking quality football, too many times last year the broncos pack got rolled over. With mcguire and kennedy this could change this year.. ( hopefully hala stays out of top grade, you have to line this guy up with the goal post to see if he is even moving)

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
All this talk about Peter Wallace ....it's upsetting.

He's no longer at the club (thank ****!)

Can't we all just move on .......?

Either that, or make a thread about Wallace. This isn't the thread for it people.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
@toddbalym: Ben Ikin names Broncos among 4 teams that "can't make top 8" on @4BCSportsToday . other 3 Eels, Tigers, Dragons.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I think Ikin has always had something against the Broncos. When he was commentator, he would be negative against the Broncos every chance he would get.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
@toddbalym: Ben Ikin names Broncos among 4 teams that "can't make top 8" on @4BCSportsToday . other 3 Eels, Tigers, Dragons.

Haha, piss off Ikin. I'm not saying we're premiership contenders but we're definitely not no hopers for the 8

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I think Ikin has always had something against the Broncos. When he was commentator, he would be negative against the Broncos every chance he would get.

I feel he tries to hard to not be bias.

hayseed

hayseed

QCup Player
Feb 20, 2013
Apart from Salty (who tipped the Broncos to finish 5th) I haven't seen anyone picking the Broncos in the top 8 and who could blame them considering our mediocre roster. But RL is very unpredictable and anything is possible but Ikin and co. are probably pretty accurate in their assessments :(

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Apart from Salty (who tipped the Broncos to finish 5th) I haven't seen anyone picking the Broncos in the top 8 and who could blame them considering our mediocre roster. But RL is very unpredictable and anything is possible but Ikin and co. are probably pretty accurate in their assessments :(

Our roster is hardly mediocre. 7 have played Origin, 5 have represented their country and another 5 are regularly spoken about when it comes to picking Origin teams. We honestly could win a lot of games and could win the premiership if everyone fires during every game.

hayseed

hayseed

QCup Player
Feb 20, 2013
Our roster is hardly mediocre. 7 have played Origin, 5 have represented their country and another 5 are regularly spoken about when it comes to picking Origin teams. We honestly could win a lot of games and could win the premiership if everyone fires during every game.

Lol, dreams never die, just the dreamer. I was also an eternal optomist when I was your age but as u get older, u will become a little more cynical. Like I said, anything is possible in this great sport but a Broncs premiership (or anytime even close) is not a possibility, not with all the glaring deficiencies overseen by a dope who couldn't win an under 12's comp. You keep dreaming though.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Big words from Ikin who is probably one of the Broncos biggest fanboys

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Lol, dreams never die, just the dreamer. I was also an eternal optomist when I was your age but as u get older, u will become a little more cynical. Like I said, anything is possible in this great sport but a Broncs premiership (or anytime even close) is not a possibility, not with all the glaring deficiencies overseen by a dope who couldn't win an under 12's comp. You keep dreaming though.

Being facetious doesn't make you right.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • Waynesaurus
  • Mr Fourex
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • Lostboy
  • Morkel
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.