OFFICIAL Ashley Taylor to Titans

Should Ash Taylor Be Promoted ASAP

• He's A Dud, Stupid Thread

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Should Ashley Taylor Be Promoted

Interesting perspective last night; Taylor is on "NRL money" yet not playing NRL thus is taking up too much of the second cap for playing ISC and 20's. Part of the reason that they agreed to a release. You can't have a player taking up space that you can't get into the top side.

I don't care about Taylor. Or any Titans players for that matter. I hope his shitty defence continues for them.

I don't care about Taylor. Or any Titans players for that matter. I hope his shitty defence continues for them.

This.

Lock thread? No point promoting him so another side can benefit.

Taylor will never be Tony Carroll, neither will Milford, but inserted in a structure and with some training, their talent more than makes up for their defensive flaws. You keep hammering about Taylor's defense, but conveniently forget about the rest of his game.

Most halves are weak defenders, that is a given, especially when they get isolated by the opposition. Of course they need to train that aspect as much as possible, but it is as much the responsibility of the coaching staff and the players around them to mitigate that problem.

Yesterday, you could say that Taylor was mostly responsible for letting 2 tries in, but it was smart play by the opposition (in the same way Milford was mostly responsible for 3 tries we leaked against the Cowboys). But Ash was also mostly responsible for 5 tries in our favour and kicked 3 goals, yet none of that makes your post...

Our best player ever was also one of, if not the worst ever defender (in the line) at the Broncos.
In contrast, our worst halfbacks ever, were very good defenders!

The guy who has Taylors spot at the moment aint no weak defender

I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes with a starting spot in an NRL side ...... be interesting to see if he lives up to the hype.

Depends on what you expect out of him.

I still think it will take him till 2017 for him to really make an impact at this level, but I'm sure he'll show some good signs.

I think he's a bigger talent than Elgey. I still scratch my head over his NYC 2014 award.

I think going to a club that has bugger all stability will be bad for him, but who knows? Maybe it will work out for him.

I wish him all the best. Until he plays the Broncos, then I wish he has the worst game of his career.

Last edited:
Elgey and Taylor in the halves smells of Moses & Brooks v2. Taylor should have went to Manly where he could hone his skills off the back of a talented halfback in DCE and not have all the pressure lumped on him. He wont have anyone to learn off at the titans because they don't have an established playmaker. No to mention they cant decide who their fullback or hooker is either. Atleast at Manly, you would have known Stewart is the fullback, DCE is the halfback and Korisau or Ballin are the hooker. Stability is the key for young halves and the titans don't have any what so ever.

Manly's a lot nicer than the Gold Coast too. Plus it's an awesome atmosphere at Brookvale, for the home team.

Problem at Manly is that both he and DCE areorganisers and would probably really clash in the long run.

Rumour is Tyrone Roberts to Titans is soon to be announced.

In the words of Bronco's legend, Josh Hoffman "well well well..."

He's cousins with James Roberts I think?

Either way, he's not exactly good.

Not exactly good? He's horrendous. I feel sorry for Ash if he ends up stuck behind Roberts.

You'd think that Taylor would've got some guarantee that he'd be starting next season.. as I'm pretty sure that's the major reason he left us, I heard some Knights fans saying that Tyrone can play Fullback, so maybe that's the plan, Zillman and Hoggman are woeful back there.

I have no idea why the Titans didn't chase Hodgkinson.

The Knights will be pretty dangerous next year with him and Mullen steering around what is a pretty good front row rotation and backline.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • davidp
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • ezpz
  • Brocko
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  • Harry Sack
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Jazza
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • BruiserMk1
  • Battler
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.