Australia vs India - Test Series

Thought burns would go for the six to get his 50

Tough decision coming up for selectors on boxing day if Warner & Pucovski are available.

I think I'd be going with Warner & Burns. Joe bought himself another chance with that innings this arvo. He also gets the slight nod over Wade for a few other reasons:

• Left & Right hand combination with Warner
  • Good combination with Warner - Know each others games well
  • Significantly more experience opening
  • Marginally younger
  • Marginally better Test record (as a pure batsman)

Tough decision coming up for selectors on boxing day if Warner & Pucovski are available.

I think I'd be going with Warner & Burns. Joe bought himself another chance with that innings this arvo. He also gets the slight nod over Wade for a few other reasons:

• Left & Right hand combination with Warner
  • Good combination with Warner - Know each others games well
  • Significantly more experience opening
  • Marginally younger
  • Marginally better Test record (as a pure batsman)

Yep agree with this. Burns and Warner to open, Wade down to 5.

Rest of the side stays as is.

Nah, Head comfortably keeps his spot over Wade, sorry.
Haha just winding you up!

I don't think he did much less than Head though tbh. He faced 50+ deliveries in the first innings (only opener on either side to do so) and got a solid 30odd in the 2nd innings to knock the wind out of India.

Head meanwhile threw his wicket away with a soft dismissal right when India were starting to build momentum.

Last edited:
Haha just winding you up!

I don't think he did much less than Head though tbh. He faced 50+ deliveries in the first innings (only opener on either side to do so) and got a solid 30odd in the 2nd innings to knock the wind out of India.

Head meanwhile threw his wicket away with a soft dismissal right when India were starting to build momentum.
I like Head but Wade deserves it more on performances

I like Head but Wade deserves it more on performances

Got any stats to back that up? Head has better form coming in to this series in FC and has a better Test record overall, and a better record over the last few Test series.

On performances, Head keeps his spot ahead of Wade, despite the failure yesterday.

Got any stats to back that up? Head has better form coming in to this series in FC and has a better Test record overall, and a better record over the last few Test series.

On performances, Head keeps his spot ahead of Wade, despite the failure yesterday.

Shield averages 18/19 : Wade 60.05, Head 37.15
Shield averages 19/20: Wade 58.83, Head 40.9

In England 2019: Wade 33.7, Head 27.27
v Pakistan 2019: Wade 98.0, Head 24.0
v NZ 2019: Wade 29.75, Head 42.60

Head's stats are so heavily inflated by that home series against SL it's not even funny. He did okay in one innings v New Zealand but the rest of his test career has been poor-average at best. I get why he's in the side and I don't mind him but I just don't see how there can be any argument his performances have been better than Wade's over the last 18months.

Last edited:
Pretty good documentary followed the cricket on Kayo, anyone else catch it?

While we're in the habit of cherry picking numbers to suit an agenda -

Matthew Wade's scores in Test matches since December 2019 - 12, 17, 38, 30*, 22, 8, 33 - 160 runs at an average of 26.7
Travis Head's scores in Test matches since December 2019 - 56, 5, 114, 28, 10, 7 - 220 runs at an average of 36.7

One fewer opportunity to bat - 60 more runs in the last 12 months, including a 50 & 100. Absolute no brainer to go with the younger guy who's scored more runs in the last 12 months, who also happens to be a better fielder, better bowler and potential future leader. The selectors aren't that stupid.

Active Now

• Totally Unr3al
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • Aldo
  • Robboi_321
  • Rambstien
  • johnny plath
  • Gaz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • theshed
  • broncos4life
  • heartly87
  • Morepudding
  • Foordy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Lozza
  • Howie
  • Dexter
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.