Australian summer of cricket 2009-10

I am going down to the test tomorrow!

Getting on the train at 6.52 FFS. Better not fooking rain.

Pakistan easily have the best bowling attack in the world post McGrath/Warne era IMO.

Asif, Sami, Gul are all brilliant pace bowlers. Kaneria is a quality leggie with a good record. Throw in that young Aamer (sp) etc and it's a devastating combination.

Plus a Captain who sets decent fields and knows how to get the best from his bowlers

They're doing it very easy now in the context of this game. Never thought i'd see Pakistan embarrass Australia out of the game halfway through Day 2.

LOL, nicked it behind and they all pull out of the appeal.

LOLZ...Watson...97...such a choker!

He did a four the ball before, not as if he was mucking around

Great innings by Watson, despite being dropped early it was the best any batsman has looked this summer.

Browny said:
He did a four the ball before, not as if he was mucking around

That ball bounced a hell of a lot higher than he thought it would.. credit to Watson.. he's been the best all summer.

Excellent knock from Watson.

Shame he got a pearler of a ball, nipped up and into him. Not much he could have done.

6 down now, this could be all over within 3 days.

Way to let the order down, Clarke, North and Haddin. fkwits.

Another fail by Haddin. If they are keeping him in the team because he can bat, well he can't even bat at the moment!!! Give Hartley a go!!!

Hughes had the opportunity to really cement a spot in the team. A ton today with North failing (again) would have seen him retain his position with Watson shifting down. Instead IMO this match has shown he is not ready for test match cricket. He's a mental midget and becomes easily frustrated if you can cut his scoring down for even an over.

He will play 10 years of test cricket for Australia, just not for another few years yet IMO.

Agree with Hughes. I like him, but he's not ready.

Haddin is just shit. North is shit. Clarke is soft, other than his hundred at Lord's, I'm struggling to remember a time he put in an innings with his team under pressure.

Hussey has had a real dig, have to admire him.

Watson's the only one showing class and heart together with the bat.

Ponting's got issues too.

Australia will lose before tea tomorrow and the media will roast po9nting's toss decision, exonerating unjustly the abysmal efforts of Clarke, Haddin and North in particular this test.

pretty much echo your sentiments Coxy.

Geeze the Huss is struggling, it's painful watching him bat. Dropped 3 times by the keeper today! North would average single figures in the second innings of a test match and Ponting hasn't made runs all year.

Ponting's star is starting to fade, whilst Clarke's is on the way up. I honestly believe he is our trump batsman these days and is just having an off summer.

The sad part is there are no real alternatives. I will fly kick the the next person that puts forward Steve Smith's name. I'd play his team mate Kawaja(sp) before him - he looks the goods IMO. Will play a bit of test cricket for Australia. Klinger's the only one smashing the door down, but age and an ordinary first class record before last season may go against him. Probably needs to do it for another season. Furgeson has impressed whenever given extra responsibility, and would probably have been in for North next game if not for his knee. Question marks about how he will come back from that.

Others like Cowan, Bailey and Marsh are the next cabs of the rank, however all are still relatively unproven and to be honest not a patch on the backup bats of the last decade such as Elliot, Cox, DiVinuto, Lehmann, Love, Hodge, Blewitt, Bevan, Maher etc. Any of those would walk into today's test team.

Active Now

• Griffo
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • Manofoneway
  • Financeguy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fozz
  • johnny plath
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • thenry
  • broncotville
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Skathen
  • Big Del
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.