OFFICIAL Bellamy extends contract with Melbourne Storm

Wow big news! Oh wait it’s Kent and Hooper. Never mind.

Hooper has his fingers closer to the pulse than every other journo out there. He also broke the Cam Smith story well before it come out.

If Bennett is retiring we have our fairytale ticket stamped for this year....

I wouldn't write off this article just because it's Hooper.

He actually has a pretty good strike rate when it comes to signings and Kent has a very good strike rate when it comes to stuff going on behind closed doors at clubs.

As much as they dribble shit, when it comes to what's going on behind the scenes in the NRL and at clubs, these two have been spot on quite a lot.

One of the few decent comments on here.

Never happen.
Why? Because the media said they dont get along? More likely thats BS. The way storm play against us and the way the storm players say bellamy fires up for games against bennett coached teams youd expect their to be at least a fair bit respect and admiration there

Even if Bennett had planned to retire, do you really think he'd give the media a win by doing it the day after they break this story? Haha, the senile old bastard will stick around another 10 years just to stick it up Kent.

I'm predicting a DCE life-time contract extension for the old boy.

Why? Because the media said they dont get along? More likely thats BS. The way storm play against us and the way the storm players say bellamy fires up for games against bennett coached teams youd expect their to be at least a fair bit respect and admiration there

Bellamy does things his way. He wants to be in complete control of running the football side.

Even if Bennett had planned to retire, do you really think he'd give the media a win by doing it the day after they break this story? Haha, the senile old bastard will stick around another 10 years just to stick it up Kent.

I'm predicting a DCE life-time contract extension for the old boy.
Itd actually be funny if it was a bennett contract extension announcement haha

What about the opposite for a year? Bellamy gets a year to get used to the joint on over a million dollars, the players get to know him, we get the fairytale factor, he can recruit blokes, etc.

Bellamy does things his way. He wants to be in complete control of running the football side.
Of course he does, just like every head coach.... dont forget bennett co-coached a team to a gf... and he obviously gives his assistants a free reign. Bennett and bellamy also worked together for 10 years. He was also a coaching director with new zealand when they won the world cup... im sure hed know how to work with bellamy lol

I'm not really ok with this underhanded silliness. If the contract was up next year, and they both went for it and one wins, then its fine - but to have it come out via the media...ugh

Hopefully its just Bellamy trying to increase his price and Munster as well, but where there's smoke...

Of course he does, just like every head coach.... dont forget bennett co-coached a team to a gf... and he obviously gives his assistants a free reign. Bennett and bellamy also worked together for 10 years. He was also a coaching director with new zealand when they won the world cup... im sure hed know how to work with bellamy lol

Have you ever seen Bellamy with a coaching director?

I don't think these two get along as much as people think. There have been some barbs traded over the years, it got quite personal a moment there.

I wonder if this is why kevie left , i wonder if they told him what parh they were taking.
It's all hear say atm but jeez there is some commotion. Am all for bellamy but i really don't want it to be done against Wayne's wishes , he is the broncos to me so would be a little disheartening if true.

Obviously it would be disappointing if Bennett was sacked or forced out of the club for Bellamy and I don't want to see that happen.

But then again, Bennett was brought here to take advantage of our premiership window and we've gone backwards since 2015. This is a results driven business, if you aren't getting them then you're not going to last long.

We have had the squad to win a premiership every year Bennett has been here.

I would understand if the Broncos did sack him.

Is the rumour legit that the Storm and Broncos press conferences are both scheduled for tomorrow around the same time?

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Jazza
  • Mister Wright
  • lynx000
  • sooticus
  • broncos4life
  • Johnny92
  • theshed
  • MrTickyMcG
  • heartly87
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.