Ben Hunt - Appreciation Thread

• Thread starter MaroubraBroncos
  • Start date
Re: Benny Hunt.........The best Halfback in the game!

Given Hunt's loyalty to the team it's about time the club repaid that loyalty with a contract ASAP. Obviously I'd be letting him know blokes off contract this year are first priority. However, after that he's the first bloke they want to re-sign.

Congrats to Ben Hunt on making the Origin squad for game 2, 2014!

And now he's worth more.

Well deserved. There's one more Rep level player in our squad.

Well deserved. Not that far away from playing IMO either as starting halfback or utility.

Probably should keep waiting to resign him. I would hate us to get a bargain.

congrats hunt. to think he was a bench hooker for so many years behind the likes of corey norman and peter wallace.. the broncos need to see to it that hunt is a one club player. he's the future of this club and with milford arriving next year, watch out

Probably should keep waiting to resign him. I would hate us to get a bargain.

I don't see what the problem is with people wanting to wait until the end of the season.

He has done well in the first half of the season, but teams go up another gear in the second half and we are yet to see how he will handle that.

He still has another year on his contract. There is no need to rush.

Hunts form this year has shown that if players knuckle down they can achieve a lot. At the start of the year he quit drinking and knuckled down and now he is reaping his rewards.

I don't see what the problem is with people wanting to wait until the end of the season.

He has done well in the first half of the season, but teams go up another gear in the second half and we are yet to see how he will handle that.

My problem is (besides his price continuing to rise) the fact that quality halves are so hard to come by and clubs would already be talking to him. Now if he is saying to the club he wants to start talking extensions and they won't that worries me.

Hunt is obviously a very loyal, more so than most would be, but I'm concerned about how far that loyalty will go when he is being thrown massive cash and doubts about what the club is going to do with him

I agree. Hunt could already have walked, and he still has time to run on his current contract. He obviously has love for the club, and knows he has a chance to stake his claim as a long term lynch pin of the club. I dare say we can field a competitive offer to match other teams (Sticky Ricky notwithstanding).

Have heard Ben is on around 200k/season currently? Based on current form, I'd be happy with us doubling that when negotiations roll around (a deserved increase, but still below top tier wage) . Should he continue his rise over the next 18 months, I'd be happy with us upping it further.

Either way, I believe he wants to stay, and I believe we'll take care of him. Formal contracts aside, I'm sure he's been made well aware of his value by the club hierarchy.

And to think we played fucking Wallace and Norman in the halves over him for all those years... I will give Prince a pass because he was world class in his day (still wish he was here this year with Hunt).

My problem is (besides his price continuing to rise) the fact that quality halves are so hard to come by and clubs would already be talking to him. Now if he is saying to the club he wants to start talking extensions and they won't that worries me.

Hunt is obviously a very loyal, more so than most would be, but I'm concerned about how far that loyalty will go when he is being thrown massive cash and doubts about what the club is going to do with him

Enter Ricky Stuart with a 1.5-2 million dollar per year offer just to prove a point that he can 'attract' players to that hole down South.

I would have liked to have seen his reaction after the game when he was told he made the squad.

They probably found out at half time. Might be why McGuire was all fired up.

I'm sure they probably found out before the game. Don't they get a phone call well before the public are told?

Just watched last weeks NRL 360 episode - :rofl::laugh:

Ikin - Ben Hunt should be grateful and owes everything to Griffin for sticking by him :lol::lol::lol:

Thought I was the only one that caught this. Ikin = Muppet

Active Now

• simplythebest
  • eggstar10
  • Reds2011
  • Fitzy
  • Gaz
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • ostin86
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Big Del
  • Nerd
  • jd87
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • spanky
  • mrtij
  • Dexter
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.