Ben Hunt - Appreciation Thread

• Thread starter MaroubraBroncos
  • Start date
I can just see it now. Brisbane sign DCE, Hunt signs three gazillion dollar contract with Raiders, DCE does a Round 13 backflip, Brisbane halves become Milford and Hoffman.

This will happen. The broncos are that fucking stupid

Seems like DCE is still a chance. That'll be a shame for Hunt imo. Tbh I'd prefer to lose Barba over Hunt

The fact DCE is still not 100% makes me believe Hunt will be a part of next Wednesday in some shape or form. He'll either be starting if DCE is ruled out, or on the bench if DCE starts because he won't be 100%. You might argue that they wouldn't pick him if he wasn't 100%, but the fact he knows the plays means it's highly likely they'll take the gamble.

I think you're right man.

Hunt has the edge over Milford if you're looking for a utility that can take on 20 minutes in the forwards.

There'll be limited opportunities in this game for Milford to show his attacking flair.

[PS 2015 Broncos, 6. Milford, 7. Hunt yeeeoow]

If Hunt plays, I expect him to do really well. He won't know himself playing with Thurston. He'll say to himself: YES! I don't have to carry the whole team! A real ⅝ WOW, I can focus on my game and enjoy myself.

Much as as I love watching DCE play, I would love to see Hunt step up at this level with Thurston in the halves. What a novel experience for Ben.

Last edited:
I'm not sure we should be trying to fix what isn't broken, at this point.

Milford will be replacing Hoffman in the 6, that is a given. So things can only get better than they are. We're heading towards a top 4 finish off the back of Hunt's improvement and Barba's playmaking. Maybe (dare I say it) we don't need Cherry Evans, especially on a 1.1 million dollar price tag at the same time as a salary cap investigation.

Last edited:
I'm not sure we should be trying to fix what isn't broken, at this point.

Milford will be replacing Hoffman in the 6, that is a given. So things can only get better than they are. We're heading towards a top 4 finish off the back of Hunt's improvement and Barba's playmaking. Maybe (dare I say it) we don't need Cherry Evans, especially on a 1.1 million dollar price tag at the same time as a salary cap investigation.

We need to be loyal to Hunt since Hunt was loyal to us. Would be a huge waste of cap space and would be one of the stupidest things the Broncos have done in a long time IMO.

We need to be loyal to Hunt since Hunt was loyal to us. Would be a huge waste of cap space and would be one of the stupidest things the Broncos have done in a long time IMO.

I wouldn't quite go that far but I do agree there are much better things we could do with that money.

My opinion would be give Hunt and Milford a chance together and use the 1.1 million to build a decent front row and retain Copley.

Offload Kennedy, retain McG, sign Hargreaves from the Roosters, retain Hannant for a bench spot and the rest we can continue to develop Wallace and Hala. Done.

Error Page

Hunt will be in demand come November, when rival NRL clubs can talk to the Dingo product.
Hunt's value will double from his current salary of around $200,000 with his management expecting offers around the $400,000 to 450,000 mark.
Hunt said his preference was to stay in Brisbane.
"I'm really enjoying being at the club at the moment and if things work out hopefully I can stay," Hunt said.
Hunt admitted to doubting whether he would ever wear the No.7 jersey full time as he was pigeon-holed as an interchange hooker.
"I was happy to do it but I was out of position and not playing my best football," Hunt said.
"At times you wonder where you are going."

Given DCE's spate if injuries lately I'd be holding off offering him mega bucks. I don't see the point in developing Hunt and giving him a chance and not keeping him.

Wow. How far so many have come from the start of the season.... You were all fapping over getting DCE to the broncos. I'm so glad ben has proved himself. I knew he would!
Hunt Milford in the halves is a premiership. Start believing

Happy to say I've believed in hunt since Wallace got the slip last year and he starred against the Knights and cowboys. I'm also glad he's being challenged by having no 5/8th. If we all remember what Hook said last year about his performance at 7, that he faded out through patches. With no senior play makers to fall behind, its forced him to step up and not just compensate for no real halves partner, but take control of an entire team for an entire season (so far). By knowing he is in charge, he is accountable for the losses, and is reaping the benefits of a win. ie, getting a genuine shot at origin. Respect to hook for setting the challenge, and hats off to Benny for answering it

Last edited:
Ikin reckons we release Hunt if we sign DCE. What drugs is he on?

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • LGH
  • Skyblues87
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Dexter
  • Gaz
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Nightwatchman
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  • Dreaglor
  • Hurrijo
  • DrGee
  • Kenny powers
  • Scdeac
  • Waynesaurus
  • thenry
  • bert_lifts
  • lynx000
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.