Ben Hunt - Appreciation Thread

• Thread starter MaroubraBroncos
  • Start date
They probably found out at half time. Might be why McGuire was all fired up.

The game didn't have any feeling until Vaughan came on and crushered Lowrie.

Hunt doesn't owe the Broncos much really and his actually stuck by the club more then it's deserved during his playing career IMO. Infact the majority of the forum last season were saying they would rather for his own sake look elsewhere when he was off contract cause really he was going nowhere with a coach reluctant to even entertain the prospect of him as a starting playmaker till it got to the stage there was absolutely no choice. But I don't think it will come down to money personally for Hunt because despite everything I still get the feeling his happy at the club and where his heading, that doesn't mean he won't want a good deal, but I think a competitive deal will see him stay at the club.

As for Ikin who really gives a toss what he says, infact he only really had one good season for us, granted he copped a bad injury and wasn't the same but the club sure stuck by him during that time.

Last edited:
I'm sure they probably found out before the game. Don't they get a phone call well before the public are told?

I don't think so.

According to Milford, he didn't find out until after the game when a reporter asked him how he felt about making the QLD squad.

Hunt said on the news tonight that Hook pulled him aside just before the game and told him.

Ricky said in the press conference that he knew mid week after speaking with Mal.

Fairfax have recycled their DCE -> BNE "reporting" again this evening...cue media stupidity for several weeks

Broncos should lock Hunt up, and be done with it. We have the spine sorted, let's get on with working out what's left in the cap for the rest of the team...

I can just see it now. Brisbane sign DCE, Hunt signs three gazillion dollar contract with Raiders, DCE does a Round 13 backflip, Brisbane halves become Milford and Hoffman.

I can just see it now. Brisbane sign DCE, Hunt signs three gazillion dollar contract with Raiders, DCE does a Round 13 backflip, Brisbane halves become Milford and Hoffman.

Touch wood, right fucking now.

The fact DCE is still not 100% makes me believe Hunt will be a part of next Wednesday in some shape or form. He'll either be starting if DCE is ruled out, or on the bench if DCE starts because he won't be 100%. You might argue that they wouldn't pick him if he wasn't 100%, but the fact he knows the plays means it's highly likely they'll take the gamble.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Sproj
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • IceWorks
  • heartly87
  • TimWhatley
  • The Don
  • Wolfie
  • bert_lifts
  • HVbronco
  • Stix
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Culhwch
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • winslow_wong
  • theshed
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.