Ben Hunt vs Ash Taylor

Why would you move our BEST player from his BEST position? It doesn't make sense.

Just get rid of Hunt, get Taylor back, you calm down with your silly ideas, and everyone is happy. Hell, Kahu can keep his spot as a sweetner for you to drop this silly idea.

Milford is our best player?

It's not good enough, you're correct. You know what? How he was coached in the past isn't my problem. I don't give a ****. It's not an excuse, it's something that has ruined his career. Like I said, not my problem why he sucks at being halfback, my problem is that he does suck.

You're right. We did agree. But then Hunt let absolutely every Broncos fan down. He fucked up in the GF, love to admit it or not, he did. The ONLY way he can makeup for that is by playing like a man possessed. And he hasn't.

Fickle is a bit rich for a guy who held onto the Reed vs Dropley agenda for as long as he did.

You do know the meaning of the word "fickle" right?

In fact i still think Copley is better than Reed ... he could certainly use decent coach that could get the bestout of him.

At most Hunt cost a chance to win the game in golden point ... a game that never should have even gone to golden point in the first place.

In fact i still think Copley is better than Reed ... he could certainly use decent coach that could get the bestout of him.

Well right now he is playing for a premiership winning coach that has coached a side that won 3 minor premierships in a row and still hasn't recaptured his 2014 form :P

You do know the meaning of the word "fickle" right?

At most Hunt cost a chance to win the game in golden point ... a game that never should have even gone to golden point in the first place.

To be fair, if Hunt doesn't come up with that stupid spear tackle on Linnett 3 or 4 mins from the end of the game, it doesnt even get to Golden point imo.

To be fair, if Hunt doesn't come up with that stupid spear tackle on Linnett 3 or 4 mins from the end of the game, it doesnt even get to Golden point imo.

To be fair, that spear tackle didn't lead to the try.

If the refs correctly ruled knock on after Feldt knocked the ball out of Hunt's hands, which was a definite knock on and quite embarrassing the refs missed that in a crucial period of the game, it doesn't reach Golden Point.

If Oates stays on his winger, it doesn't reach Golden Point.

Last edited:
To be fair, that spear tackle didn't lead to the try.

If the refs correctly ruled knock on after Feldt knocked the ball out of Hunt's hands, which was a definite knock on and quite embarrassing the refs missed that in a crucial period of the game, it doesn't reach Golden Point.

If Oates stays on his winger, it doesn't reach Golden Point.

Not directly, it didnt, but they were going nowhere, and iirc, it was the 4th or 5th tackle at the time. It changed the momentum of the game.

Still not sure i buy the Oates thing tbh. He was damned whatever he did really.

I do think the scapegoating of Hunt is a bit of an issue though, but really, its up to Ben to sort himself out and Bennett to demand more from him. If both are happy with how they are going i'm not sure what we can do to change anything. Our standards have dropped across the park this season, its not all Ben Hunt.

It was on the first tackle off the scrum.

I couldn't really say it had much bearing on the result.

Cowboys were getting in the attacking zone every set before then because our defensive style was to sit and wait.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if things between Hunt and Bennett are all good

Sometimes I get this feeling watching Ben play that since Origin more or less, he is just not into it, almost like he is going through the motions, and then he comes good, and then goes off the boil, as if something is on his mind, distracting him ... maybe just my imagination.

As far as half backs go, comparing Hunt to Taylor at this stage of their careers might be fun, but ultimately a waste of time. When Ash has a few years under his belt, then let's compare ... and to other half backs his age as well, like Nathan Cleary say, pulling one name out of that hat

If we gave away intentional penalties rorters style it never would have gone to golden point (although it's the Broncos, so the refs probably would have marched the entire side or given a penalty try). I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the boys just let them get quick play the balls with 30 seconds to go and four in front.

There is a difference between learning how to kick and actually refining that art in the NRL.

Hunt knows how to kick.

Hunt can kick

Hunt struggles with choosing the right kick at the right time, something that playing hooker for 20 minutes a game would not have helped with.

Fair points - but as I originally posed, how long do you give him then? Because it's clear you recognize there's a problem, I think you'd have to be his dad or blind to not see the issue. How long do you let it go on, despite his try assists stats?

Fair points - but as I originally posed, how long do you give him then? Because it's clear you recognize there's a problem, I think you'd have to be his dad or blind to not see the issue. How long do you let it go on, despite his try assists stats?

Until either he improves or we have available a better overall player, not just a bloke that can kick good.

I'm sorry, but to me it is pretty bloody simple.

so your solution is to do nothing and hope for the best and hope everything works out ok?

Pretty sure that bloke IS Ben Hunt.

I just don't think Hunt has a decent field position kicking game. Short kicking game is alright at times.

Boys need to chase those fucking bombs though, I'll tell you what. Sick of seeing that crap. Hunt's bombs aren't great but barely chasing them doesn't help.

Pretty sure that bloke IS Ben Hunt.

I just don't think Hunt has a decent field position kicking game. Short kicking game is alright at times.

Boys need to chase those fucking bombs though, I'll tell you what. Sick of seeing that crap. Hunt's bombs aren't great but barely chasing them doesn't help.

I think the main problem the team should focus on is why Ben Hunt has to constantly kick long non attacking kicks. You know by making more metres and conceding less metres.

so your solution is to do nothing and hope for the best and hope everything works out ok?

That's not what I said at all, but to be honest I am done with you. Think whatever you like, champ.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Mustafur
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Porthoz
  • Financeguy
  • Fozz
  • HarryAllan7
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.