VOTE Ben Hunt

Get Hunt Back?

• Yeah

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 81 92.0%

• Total voters
Money wasn't the only reason he left. I'd say dropping the GF and not being able to overcome those demons played a part too. I'm guessing he was hopeful that some new scenery would help him. A lot of people were saying the same thing.

And to be fair, they did for a while. He was playing much better leading up to Origin, although perhaps not as well as was hyped by the media and St George fans. But it seems that what happened in Origin has dragged him back to where he was when he was here.

He did leave to do a different role. He wasn’t and isn’t a halfback and he left to be a halfback. Different role and one he can’t perform.

In terms of the retirement analogy he needed to decide if it was a better idea to get to have a long career where he can succeed on good money or a season or two on stupid money in a role he can’t perform before crashing and burning. He made the choice.

Uh...yes, he was a halfback. Milford has stepped up in his absence but Widdop is a far more dominant half than Milf was during Hunt’s time here. If anything Hunt is expected to do less next to Widdop.

No!! Kicking is shit, can't lead a team around, and folds under pressure and in the big games.

Uh...yes, he was a halfback. Milford has stepped up in his absence but Widdop is a far more dominant half than Milf was during Hunt’s time here. If anything Hunt is expected to do less next to Widdop.

No he wasn’t, he was never a halfback in skill-set or role. You could put and 8 on his back but it wouldn’t make him a prop.

Hunt is a fairly good hooker and I would’ve had him prob over McCullough. But like a fish to water he’s found his ultimate match. The ultimate choker playing the key man for the ultimate chokers. Hunt or no hunt dragons always choke. And dragons or no dragons hunt always chokes. Would I take him back? Yeah prob to play hooker for rounds 1 - 10. Then off to qcup or Alfie’s assistant.

No he wasn’t, he was never a halfback in skill-set or role. You could put and 8 on his back but it wouldn’t make him a prop.

Well Milford sure as shit wasn’t our halfback.

He may not have been a halfback in skill set but it was 100% his role.

Last edited:
Well Milford sure as shit wasn’t our halfback.

He may not have been a halfback in skill set but it was 100% his role.

Neither were which is why we were so average outside of 2015. Luckily Milf has turned into everything Hunt is not.

Murmurs coming out of the Dragqueens that Hunt wants out.

He better not be pushing to come back here.

Thanks but no thanks, Ben.

Murmurs coming out of the Dragqueens that Hunt wants out.

He better not be pushing to come back here.

Why do these players on massive coin always want out when things are a little tough?

Cows make sense atm. Maybe Storm? Definitely not us.
Storm have more halfbacks then you can poke a stick at and good ones to boot. Tits have hooker and halves covered. Maybe Cows if Clifford and Tia Maria don’t perform. Granville seems to have lost his mojo a tad this year. Hunt played better for us at 9 towards the end then he did at 7 probably because he did a bit of more running or so it seemed.

Why do these players on massive coin always want out when things are a little tough?

They always think with their wallets and not their brains, then the pressure the price tag brings arrives...

Storm have more halfbacks then you can poke a stick at and good ones to boot. Tits have hooker and halves covered. Maybe Cows if Clifford and Tia Maria don’t perform. Granville seems to have lost his mojo a tad this year. Hunt played better for us at 9 towards the end then he did at 7 probably because he did a bit of more running or so it seemed.
I'm not sure what a lot of people are seeing about Granville, I mean I thought he's been going well this year while a lot of his peers haven't been.

I'm not sure what a lot of people are seeing about Granville, I mean I thought he's been going well this year while a lot of his peers haven't been.
Yes, not saying he’s not playing well, just down a bit on his standards I thought. Perhaps being watched and marked a bit more as players of his ilk often are when identified as genuine threats.

I reckon I’d take him back, not as a halfback though.

Just noticed that the original question and the poll question are different. I would not get him back but I do believe we would have started the season better and beaten some of the shit teams if he was here. But I wouldn't like our odds heading into the next few high pressure games

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • Jazza
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  • Johnny92
  • Sproj
  • Financeguy
  • phoenix
  • Santa
  • The Don
  • Brocko
  • BroncoFan94
  • davidp
  • bert_lifts
  • MrMoore
  • Manlyman
  • thenry
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.