Broncos 2020 Squad

Niu is still on a development deal, so it's still 29 players. I believe his profile was uploaded when he was announced in a 21 Man squad later in the season.

Niu listed as a centre.

Most of our forwards listed as props except for Hopoate, Fifita and Palasia.

Isaako and Arthars listed as fullbacks.

Milford listed as a 6.

Perese a winger.

Vudogo a centre.
[automerge]1573961371[/automerge]
Flick Macca and Boyd. Maybe SOS, who's injured. Kahu can go straight back. Bring in Croft.

There are definitely a lot of players we could release to free up cap space without effecting the performance of the team.

It’s just a waiting game now I guess because the players apparently have all the power at this club.. Gotta wait out the contracts.

At least we can spend this time planning our retention of our young players that are turning into super stars.

We have the talent, it’s just about the talent creating a reputation. Preferably, no more Bali stunts though.

Last edited:

There are definitely a lot of players we could release to free up cap space without effecting the performance of the team.

It’s just a waiting game now I guess because the players apparently have all the power at this club.. Gotta wait out the contracts.

At least we can spend this time planning our retention of our young players that are turning into super stars.

We have the talent, it’s just about the talent creating a reputation. Preferably, no more Bali stunts though.

How do the players have all power?

Because they signed the contract and the Broncos did too. They have as much power as they are given and no you can't just release players for no reason and without somewhere to go.

Lol at the Kotoni car, very cool

How do the players have all power?

Player options in contracts plus they’re all managed by the same guy. He has a monopoly over the players in our squad and he’s on the players sides when it comes to money.

Player options in contracts plus they’re all managed by the same guy. He has a monopoly over the players in our squad and he’s on the players sides when it comes to money.

Wouldn't you be on the players side too when they're the ones that pay your wage....

Thats not the players having power at all. Nobody forced the Broncos to offer them the contracts they did. It was negotiated. The players and the club have a contract they both agreed on. And of course the agent is on the players side, thats what he is paid to do. You are making it out like every player on a contract that isnt suitable has held a gun to the clubs head to get the contract. They havent.

The players dont have power over the club at all, they have legally binding contracts. Its that simple.
[automerge]1574068464[/automerge]
Wouldn't you be on the players side too when they're the ones that pay your wage....

Exactly.

Last edited:
Thats not the players having power at all. Nobody forced the Broncos to offer them the contracts they did. It was negotiated. The players and the club have a contract they both agreed on. And of course the agent is on the players side, thats what he is paid to do. You are making it out like every player on a contract that isnt suitable has held a gun to the clubs head to get the contract. They havent.

The players dont have power over the club at all, they have legally binding contracts. Its that simple.
[automerge]1574068464[/automerge]

Exactly.
Exactly, that's the whole point of negotiations for contracts like this. Both sides seek to get the best deal and both enter into it with an element of risk on their end but that's just the nature of how fixed term agreements work.

For every gamble that's fallen in the players favour (Boyd, Macca, Bird etc) there are other ones that fall in our favour like a 5-6 year deal for Payne Haas that now looks like an absolute bargain.

Last edited:
Just watching the video from the other day with Patty. When he got asked what the goal was for next year, with no hesitation he said " The Premiership " Great to see he isnt beating around the bush with expectations. Its exactly what we should be aiming for.

Just watching the video from the other day with Patty. When he got asked what the goal was for next year, with no hesitation he said " The Premiership " Great to see he isnt beating around the bush with expectations. Its exactly what we should be aiming for.

Yeah it’s nice to aim high but I would be interested to know what would be considered the minimum acceptable achievement next season.

Yeah it’s nice to aim high but I would be interested to know what would be considered the minimum acceptable achievement next season.

I've said it before, but i compare us to a Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man United etc. We wont win it every year, but we should expect to challenge. We are a powerhouse club in the NRL, and our ambition should reflect that.

Whilst a premiership would be nice, realistically it won't be the minimum expected.
I would say top 4. Anything less and we're looking at a new coach and a clean out at the club in general. Limping into the 8 cut it this year, but not 2 years in a row.
All you can expect from a season is progress and the top 4 is that. If we win all well and good but I'm seen enough seasons of football to know that sometimes luck can play it's part and it only takes one bad game (30 seconds if you can't remember 2015) and that premiership is gone.
That said, the lack of play making options might be the biggest decider on the matter

I've said it before, but i compare us to a Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man United etc. We wont win it every year, but we should expect to challenge. We are a powerhouse club in the NRL, and our ambition should reflect that.
So should our roster, but it’s nowhere near it...

We will be the premier club in the comp when the last of the old guard (Smith and Politis) retires. This squad can, and should, make the top 4 next year, and that's with three absolute passengers taking up 1.5 mil+ of the cap.

The halves situation in the NRL is a joke atm, and Dearden has the potential to be top tier. If he can play his role like he did in limited game time this year then I'm optimistic. If he can't handle it or gets injured before SOS is back then yeah we're in trouble. I still think it's dumb that we're pinning our hopes on a 19 year old, but it is what it is.

EDIT: I think you'll see Souths slide down the ladder big time next year, Melbourne will begin to disintegrate, and the rorters will struggle a bit without Cronk and will be around 7-8th if Keary chokes with the organising role/ gets injured (he had 5ish weeks off with concussion last year). The Eels for mine SHOULD be a side who surges up the ladder with the state of their squad as should we.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Old Mate
  • rj9
  • Bish
  • Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • ivanhungryjak
  • HarryAllan7
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.