NEWS Broncos investigating alleged Payne Haas-Albert Kelly brawl video

What's different this time from the last 34 years. I can count on one hand the number of times this club had ever stood up for the injustices it has faced ... and I'd still have several fingers left over
Will you be emailing them though?

Yep I will be both emailing and calling. I will also be stating that as a mod on a fan forum with 15k+ posts, I have it on reliable authority that I have influence over the club (will leave out the bit having a negative influence obviously) and that if they do not respond to the fans, we will boycott their membership drives and even worse, threaten to go follow the Dolphins (which of course would never happen).

Yep I will be both emailing and calling. I will also be stating that as a mod on a fan forum with 15k+ posts, I have it on reliable authority that I have influence over the club (will leave out the bit having a negative influence obviously) and that if they do not respond to the fans, we will boycott their membership drives and even worse, threaten to go follow the Dolphins (which of course would never happen).
We need to shake the apathy that seems to haunt this supporter base. No wonder the club tends to do nothing, if you're willing to sit and do nothing don't expect the club to do anything either.

There are grounds at present for justifiable outrage, but I'm not seeing anything like it on here as yet.

We need to shake the apathy that seems to haunt this supporter base. No wonder the club tends to do nothing, if you're willing to sit and do nothing don't expect the club to do anything either.

There are grounds at present for justifiable outrage, but I'm not seeing anything like it on here as yet.

I think many are just used to being 'Bronco-d' by the NRL. But I am serious here, I will be emailing and calling. I hope everyone else does to. And it isn't because it is Haas, I don't even really like the guy, but it is because of the inconsistency and blatant corruption that a line in the sand needs to be drawn. They need to stop it and the Broncs need to stand up for themselves, give us fans something to get behind.

Good to hear matey. I hope to God the fans take yours and my attitude. It's time we, as a fan base started to make our voices heard.
Power To The People GIF by Global Citizen

The fact that this bias is completely blatant, indisputable and clear as day to even the most casual observer means that Ikin, DD and Kevvie are obviously also aware of it.

For them to sit silently and take it and make no comment or effort to push back or take any action whatsoever is really disheartening for those of us who love and are passionate about this club. It's a total slap in the face and gives me no confidence whatsoever in our organisation.

I can somewhat understand choosing not to scapegoat referees for incorrect calls because it sets a bad precedent for the players and there are so many bad calls nowadays that you have to be content to win some and lose some, but this is entirely different.

The Broncos should be writing an open letter to the NRL with these examples and asking them to explain / clarify to the fans why such nonsensical double standards exist. While they're at it, why not question why some teams are allowed to be offside in defence for the ENTIRE game with no repercussions.

Sure, it's going to rock the boat and make the club not very popular with the fans of the top tier teams (frankly, who gives a stuff), but that's exactly what is needed. The idiots who are in charge of the NRL are running the game into the ground and are blatantly screwing over some teams and enough is enough.

The fact that this bias is completely blatant, indisputable and clear as day to even the most casual observer means that Ikin, DD and Kevvie are obviously also aware of it.

For them to sit silently and take it and make no comment or effort to push back or take any action whatsoever is really disheartening for those of us who love and are passionate about this club. It's a total slap in the face and gives me no confidence whatsoever in our organisation.

I can somewhat understand choosing not to scapegoat referees for incorrect calls because it sets a bad precedent for the players and there are so many bad calls nowadays that you have to be content to win some and lose some, but this is entirely different.

The Broncos should be writing an open letter to the NRL with these examples and asking them to explain / clarify to the fans why such nonsensical double standards exist. While they're at it, why not question why some teams are allowed to be offside in defence for the ENTIRE game with no repercussions.

Sure, it's going to rock the boat and make the club not very popular with the fans of the top tier teams (frankly, who gives a stuff), but that's exactly what is needed. The idiots who are in charge of the NRL are running the game into the ground and are blatantly screwing over some teams and enough is enough.

We're not popular anyway and already get treated differently / more harshly so honestly, what difference is it going to make?

We're not popular anyway and already get treated differently / more harshly so honestly, what difference is it going to make?
Exactly, embrace the Broncos vs the rest of the NRL mindset.
**** the Roosters and Storm and their dodgy ways, time to play dirty and fight fire with fire.
**** the NRL and its NSWRL favoritism.

The Broncos are the biggest club in the league, its time to use that to our advantage.

Tell them we’re already trialing out being Warriors fans and they can check the forum if they want proof

Tell them we’re already trialing out being Warriors fans and they can check the forum if they want proof
I just sent them an email telling them that they are cowards if they don't act on this.
That they will lose fans in droves if they dont start showing some spine and standing up for the club, its players and its fans in the face of overwhelming bias using the Taylan May scenario as an example.

The Taylan May comparison was the last straw for me.
I tried for an hour to wrap my head around how a person can be charged by police and miss no games, yet two blokes who have a scuffle and get in no trouble with the law can be suspended for two games.

It did my head in.

I just sent them an email telling them that they are cowards if they don't act on this.
That they will lose fans in droves if they dont start showing some spine and standing up for the club, its players and its fans in the face of overwhelming bias using the Taylan May scenario as an example.

The Taylan May comparison was the last straw for me.
I tried for an hour to wrap my head around how a person can be charged by police and miss no games, yet two blokes who have a scuffle and get in no trouble with the law can be suspended for two games.

It did my head in.
Look it’s pretty bad but if I didn’t send an email over the spoon or Boyd or Turpin, I’m probably not gonna do it over this.

So we all have a choice to exercise our free will.

Your apathy just about sums up a vast majority of the placid 'supporters' of this club.

Do nothing - expect less.
Don’t get me wrong, I fully appreciate what you’re doing and am grateful fans like you exist.

So we all have a choice to exercise our free will.

Your apathy just about sums up a vast majority of the placid 'supporters' of this club.

Do nothing - expect less.
in fairness, why should it be up to the fans to drive standards and push for positive change at a professional sporting organisation ?

Do we really think anyone at the club will actually read the emails, and you'll get anything other than a standard customer service response at best?

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Pablo
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • maddo
  • HVbronco
  • kman
  • jarro65
  • ettybay
  • Jazza
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dreaglor
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.