Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
Definitely thinking Sezer, but am out of date. It was the torn pectoral off the bone injury in 2014, having played only 13 games, then 18 in 2014. I seem to remember/maybe self-fabricated that Titans let him go because of the injuries. As you state though, he’s played plenty of games in the two seasons at the Faders, so maybe he is worth a stab.

Titans let him go because they thought they'd signed DCE.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Titans let him go because they thought they'd signed DCE.
And raiders offered a fair bit at the time $500-600k from memory.

Sezer is definitely someone I'd be happy to have at broncos. Probably won't break the bank, great kicker, goal kicker and at the Titans he was a great attacking threat although sticky murdered that.

Sezer also prefers playing left side (being a left foot kicker) which would allow milf to play right side which I think he plays better at. Also puts milf next to Roberts and Gillett.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Dropping Hodges to Queensland Cup because he signed with the Roosters was low though. It's a bad Bennett trait.

It wasn't just that. Banaghan was banned for his dodgy work and misleading. It just snowballed Ricketts and Bennett didn't talk for 12 months because the Courier ran a letter to Bennett from Mrs Hodges pleading to let her son play.

Breen admitted that was him though and Bennett was angry at the wrong Courier person.

Hodges got bad advice and he lost his way.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Saw this myself and I found it ironic given he made his fucking debut at this club and people wonder why Bennett has no time for the media. They didn't have a problem when the Roosters poached Hodges from the Broncos nor the mountain of other players that have come through our system. In fact they sunk to a new low running a story on ACA making out Hodges was a total victim and Bennett and the Broncos were out to get him because they dared to give Brent Tate a run because they needed to prepare for the future.

To be fair the Broncos took Hodges off the Crushers.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Now.. I know there is talks around of Pearce to manly and I believe Pearce will walk.. I've also heard the Knights are after him.. to be fair.. I see the Knights as a perfect fit for Mitchell. He played out of his skin this year for the roosters and really owned the team. Exactly what Newcastle need. Origin half who can take charge. I'm sure they're the ones more needing for a half life Pearce and probably have the most money to offer..

Let's talk about Trent H. He was a pretty decent half when at the dogs. He signed with Newcastle into a terrible system and lost his way, lost his origin rep jumper and even fell out of first grade. Sound familiar? Does that sound like the sort of player Bennett likes to grab a hold of and lift back up to their best potential?? He's also a stellar bloke . Decent conversion on him too..

Would the Broncos benefit from a player like him in the 7? That little merry go round would be suiting to us. Can't see manly letting go of green. Especially since they've really started to fire with that pairing..

Thoughts?

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Now.. I know there is talks around of Pearce to manly and I believe Pearce will walk.. I've also heard the Knights are after him.. to be fair.. I see the Knights as a perfect fit for Mitchell. He played out of his skin this year for the roosters and really owned the team. Exactly what Newcastle need. Origin half who can take charge. I'm sure they're the ones more needing for a half life Pearce and probably have the most money to offer..

Let's talk about Trent H. He was a pretty decent half when at the dogs. He signed with Newcastle into a terrible system and lost his way, lost his origin rep jumper and even fell out of first grade. Sound familiar? Does that sound like the sort of player Bennett likes to grab a hold of and lift back up to their best potential?? He's also a stellar bloke . Decent conversion on him too..

Would the Broncos benefit from a player like him in the 7? That little merry go round would be suiting to us. Can't see manly letting go of green. Especially since they've really started to fire with that pairing..

Thoughts?
he has no knees.

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
he has no knees.

Yep absolutely. It's a shame because he seems like a top bloke and would be a decent foil for any running half. But he's held together with blu tac and electrical tape, at this stage you'd think it's time for him to the great big retirement home up north.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Yep absolutely. It's a shame because he seems like a top bloke and would be a decent foil for any running half. But he's held together with blu tac and electrical tape, at this stage you'd think it's time for him to the great big retirement home up north.
I sometimes wonder if recurring injuries is much the issue with the player's body, or perhaps sometimes more to do with the rehab and recovery capabilities of the club their at. Conditioning. We have probably a better staff and system to Newcastle. The pressure he wouldn't been under to come back faster too might effect it? Can't remember him having such issues at the Bulldogs...

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Moga and Kahu don’t exactly have spick and span knees either but we still got games out of them.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

Thoughts?

I had exactly the same thought a few months ago until it was pointed out that he is pretty much shot.

I would like a player exactly like Pearce to be our halfback. Just not Pearce I guess.

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
I sometimes wonder if recurring injuries is much the issue with the player's body, or perhaps sometimes more to do with the rehab and recovery capabilities of the club their at. Conditioning. We have probably a better staff and system to Newcastle. The pressure he wouldn't been under to come back faster too might effect it? Can't remember him having such issues at the Bulldogs...

I think that's somewhat true in the general sense but some things can't be helped no matter how good the conditioning is. Bunnies aren't poor but Inglis' knees are shagged out.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
I think that's somewhat true in the general sense but some things can't be helped no matter how good the conditioning is. Bunnies aren't poor but Inglis' knees are shagged out.
You'd still take Inglis on 200k is he was on offer. Especially if it was that or retirement.. even if you got a couple of games out of a player like Hodkinson, he could be a Marshall like mentor / influence on our younger halves. I mean, we are stuck with no one at the moment so that could be a good on the cheap project. Dunno. Just has the sort of Bennett-Fit benefits that I've seen in other "past it" players of late

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Moga and Kahu don’t exactly have spick and span knees either but we still got games out of them.
They're both younger though, Hodkinson is 29 - his knees aren't going to get any better.

cakeGG

cakeGG

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2016
Well we are not linked to Pearce. It's either Manly, Newcastle, Cronulla or Wests Tigers. (lol@whoever signs him). I will also lol if the Roosters proceed to implode internally.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/10/26...tled-sydney-roosters-halfback-mitchell-pearce

Mitchell Pearce has no shortage of NRL clubs lining up to sign him with Manly, Newcastle, Cronulla and Wests Tigers reportedly all keen on the disgruntled Sydney Roosters halfback.

Pearce, a 238 game veteran of the Roosters who guided the club to a premiership in 2013, is still contracted for another two years but wants out over the club's pursuit of Cooper Cronk.

Cronk stunned the code earlier in the season when he announced he was leaving Melbourne Storm to be closer to his fiancée in Sydney and recently decided he wanted to play on in 2018.

He is expected to break camp with the Kangaroos' World Cup squad to ink a two-year deal with the Roosters next week, prompting Pearce to tell coach Trent Robinson he wants to explore his options with rival NRL clubs.

"He's very upset," one of Pearce's closest associates told The Daily Telegraph.

"He loves the Roosters and always wanted to be a one-club player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Horseheadsup
  • Culhwch
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lostboy
  • Strop
  • Fozz
  • mitch222
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.