Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well mate it dos'nt look like they will use him at lock. Both 1910 and joe have backed up what i said from the start , lock is now suited to a big mobile player. Time will tell but my guess is he will be used as a center that will roam .

Backed up with what? Without being disprecpectful to anyone, you are backing up your argument by using two fellas on a message board. I'm just a bloke on a message board as well. My opinion holds no more weight than anyones.

Bennetts opinion is the one that matters, and he floated the idea of him playing lock not so long ago ( I'll try to find the article later ). Darren lockyer thinks Lock is a good fit for him as well so why are those two wrong in your eyes but a couple of blokes on here are right?

Last edited:
He never said he was unhappy playing at centre. Just that he wants to be around the ball more. The Sharks' style of play didn't suit that. Our style of play can suit that, and Bennett will work with Bird, just like he did with Hodges, and is doing with Roberts, to show him how to get involved and inject himself in to the game.

He is hardly going to come out and say it outright, but he says enough, and he has even for the Broncos as center, that he gets frustrated there not getting the ball or words to that effect. He would rather play in a position he gets involved more.

Backed up with what? Without being disprecpectful to anyone, you are backing up your argument by using two fellas on a message board. I'm just a bloke on a message board as well. My opinion holds no more weight than anyones.

Bennetts opinion is the one that matters, and he floated the idea of him playing lock not so long ago ( I'll try to find the article later ). Darren lockyer thinks Lock is a good fit for him as well so why are those two wrong in your eyes but a couple of blokes on here are right?

Have a look who we have been playing at lock McGuire, TPJ and offa . McGuire being the smallest but a strong ball carrier and mobile, i can only see him being used at lock if he comes of the bench. You really do have a hard on for him at lock , personally i could care less as lone as we are winning.

Have a look who we have been playing at lock McGuire, TPJ and offa . McGuire being the smallest but a strong ball carrier and mobile, i can only see him being used at lock if he comes of the bench. You really do have a hard on for him at lock , personally i could care less as lone as we are winning.

I dont really, I wouldn't have signed him in the first place, but from the people I know who would have a fair idea about what happens at the Broncos, they also were under the impression he was going to play lock when we signed him and that's all I've ever said. Whether after this year if that's still the plan now we have some other options remains to be seen. I'm not backing up my argument though by using 2 other blokes who have the same opinion as me. To be quite honest, I dont actually have a preference to where he plays at all. I think he is a good player, but I dont particularly like him.

Sign TPJ, Isaako, and Lodge right away and sort the rest out later. If Oates wants a stupid sum of cash then I’d prefer Isaako on a couple of hundred less given he has a higher ceiling as a FB & is a sharp shooter.

I get the feeling we’ll lose one of Isaako or Oates with the scum Sydney media talking them up daily and the horrible clubs that make impulsive, big money signings listening to them. I hope we can keep both though. There seems to have been a momentum shift in the media over the past 1-2 weeks over how good our juniors are and how other clubs are entitled to poach them.

EDIT: should clarify. We can cover the loss of Oates easily given Bird is going to come back in and we have Kahu who can shift back to the wing. Staggs would be starting for most NRL clubs, so he’s very good cover, Pearson has talent as well. Again, it would be ideal to keep Oates and Isaako, but I have a feeling we’re about to see ridiculous money being thrown at our jrs given the media hype. It’s happened before (Taylor and Hunt), and it’ll happen again.

I still remember us having no props a few years back and how badly our pack got rolled, we need to get TPJ and Lodge sorted to avoid that nightmare repeating.

Last edited:
If Boyd is to see out contract, we really cannot be held with a gun to our head on Oates. Stagg's and Isaako are coming along well. We have Bird, Kahu, Pearson and Roberts also.

I do not know how we can hold Sua, Oates, Isaako, TPJ and Lodge in the bidding wars.

Last edited:
I think Oates is worth more than Bird at their best. I'm including him being a Broncos junior and not a journeyman in that equation too. I don't think he'd be asking for anything near Bird's pay either.

I think Oates is worth more than Bird at their best. I'm including him being a Broncos junior and not a journeyman in that equation too. I don't think he'd be asking for anything near Bird's pay either.

but he is asking for something Bennett is not prepared to give him ... that will be the issue, not money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• mystico
  • Brocko
  • Lurker
  • sooticus
  • whykickamoocow
  • GCBRONCO
  • The Don
  • Spoon
  • Cavalo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mister Wright
  • LittleDavey
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.