Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think managements number one priority now is using some of the Fifita money to sure up some of these key youngsters.

see...i dunno about that; is he a "key" youngster..?? Im not seing it right now personally, but i digress as ive watched utter shite from this club for a while now....

See, for me a "key" youngster is a guy like Dearden. Someone who we would have enormous trouble trying to replace 'today' in the open market

Even then, is he our next No.7...??? He needs to play more...for what its worth playing for us this year.

In fact, WHY hasnt he played more? Guess he isnt ready/too young/ not named Croft etc...

see...i dunno about that; is he a "key" youngster..?? Im not seing it right now personally, but i digress as ive watched utter shite from this club for a while now....

See, for me a "key" youngster is a guy like Dearden. Someone who we would have enormous trouble trying to replace 'today' in the open market

Even then, is he our next No.7...??? He needs to play more...for what its worth playing for us this year.

In fact, WHY hasnt he played more? Guess he isnt ready/too young/ not named Croft etc...

I hope it's not.

Sure we have some good youngsters off contract that the club should try to keep, but our first priority should be bringing in someone that we really need.

There will always be more talented youngsters.
I think the thought process is locking away Staggs, Coates, Deardon and Flegler before the vultures come and we go through a similar circus all over again.

I suspect the hold up on contract extensions may be associated with unknowns around the salary cap.

Has there been anything since the new TV deal to confirm salary cap for the next 5yrs??

So many guys coming off contract end of next year and I dont believe a cap has been set for beyond 2022... I think players and the club want to know the cap before committing to contracts

If bird flies back to Sydney next year should we consider Israel Folau as our next fullback? Apologies if his signing has been discussed at length previously.

Suppose to be 9.9 mill next year

If bird flies back to Sydney next year should we consider Israel Folau as our next fullback? Apologies if his signing has been discussed at length previously.

He is banned from the NRL isn’t he? So yeah, probably look elsewhere I reckon...

On a positive note, the Courier Mail led shite story on a second Brisbane team seems to have died in the arse: they're now reporting it's not going to happen because of Covid-related money worries and Seibold-related poor QLD TV ratings.

On a positive note, the Courier Mail led shite story on a second Brisbane team seems to have died in the arse: they're now reporting it's not going to happen because of Covid-related money worries and Seibold-related poor QLD TV ratings.
Probably the broncos plan all along. Couple of shit years to rid away a chance of a 2nd Brisbane team. Smart, seibs

Drinkwater isn't actually a bad shout.

Things have gone off the rails for him at 5/8 and Cows obviously rate the young kid Asi. I doubt they'll let Clifford go anywhere as he's been anointed as JT's successor and long term 7. No idea what Morgan is up to health wise but he will come back into the spine at some point too.

Holmes is first choice FB and Tabuai-Fidow is a more than capable back up. FB was the position he was promised when he left the Storm to go up to NQ from memory.

Given the log jam building in front of him and our cordial relationship with the Cowboys (see McGuire, Kahu, Molo, Opacic) I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to get Drinkwater if we wanted him.

Maybe we could do one of those loan things where we give him back if he's crap but we can also decide to keep him if we want to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • jd87
  • Aldo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Kev_Guz
  • Skyblues87
  • Tim K
  • MrTickyMcG
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Browny
  • Santa
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Astro
  • Griffo
  • Alec
  • Wolfie
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.