Broncos release Hala and Kennedy

I don't understand what your trying to say. I know he's at the Sharks, but I'm not quite sure why that matters... He comes off contract in 2014, so I thought if were to go out and sign a prop, I'd personally chase him.

Does he? He signed a deal once the season was well underway. My point was he's at the Sharks and I am not sure he is available.

He had a pretty bad end to the year too.

I'm pretty certain he's off contract. I would really love to see him in a Broncos jersey. He would be an absolute crowd favourite with those damaging runs. I wouldn't be able to wait for him to come off the bench and cause some serious carnage - something we haven't been able to say of late. In the world cup, he really took it to New Zealand. He scattered them straight up the middle every single run. He made blokes like Moa and Bromwich look like they didn't even exist.

He only signed for the remainder of the 2014 season with the option of re-signing for 2015. I haven't heard anything about him re-signing for the Sharks.

It sounds like he is available.

If that bold bit happens, I'm pretty sure @Huge will pop an artery! :eek:

No,not really Porthoz. I actually don't mind being wrong if it proves to be the case. It's not my preferred option to see Parker as a prop and remember well his bald head days and if WB thinks he is the pea for the job, who am I to argue ? As for size I have always been a fan of a blend. A big fearsome fella is always a bonus especially if he plays big minutes and is disciplined. Webcke was brilliant and wasn't a liability with regards to penalties. Momentum is key when props hit the line, that's why the relatively short Danny Nutley was so good. He hit the line so hard and could get a fast play the ball after and that's what we are missing with McGuire. If he could maintain that fierce momentum into the tacklers and get a quick play the ball after I would never call for his removal from the front row.

What I think will happen is Mitch Garbutt making it big in the NRL and I have faith in Wayne Bennett starting the season with enough grunt up front. Might change my name to FaithinWayne !

I'm pretty certain he's off contract. I would really love to see him in a Broncos jersey. He would be an absolute crowd favourite with those damaging runs. I wouldn't be able to wait for him to come off the bench and cause some serious carnage - something we haven't been able to say of late. In the world cup, he really took it to New Zealand. He scattered them straight up the middle every single run. He made blokes like Moa and Bromwich look like they didn't even exist.

I asked last night, he's signed with Thunder in England just this week, and now for the sad news- So did Gary Lo.

Although it leaves a gaping hole in our prop rotation, I never cared much for Hala or Kennedy.

Hala was the most one dimensional rugby league player I have ever seen.

Kennedy.. first time I saw him live at Suncorp, he was just scared of tackling. He's in the wrong profession.

Although it leaves a gaping hole in our prop rotation, I never cared much for Hala or Kennedy.

Hala was the most one dimensional rugby league player I have ever seen.

Kennedy.. first time I saw him live at Suncorp, he was just scared of tackling. He's in the wrong profession.
Agree with this. On performances to date, releasing this pair does not weaken our squad one iota.

Agree with this. On performances to date, releasing this pair does not weaken our squad one iota.

the problem is that unless we have another quality forward signing in the pipeline, then we are short on both experience and numbers, especially if we also lose Gavet for the early rounds of the season

the problem is that unless we have another quality forward signing in the pipeline, then we are short on both experience and numbers, especially if we also lose Gavet for the early rounds of the season
That's true but let's face it, that's all they both were doing this year - making up the numbers. In hindsight, we may as well have blooded a couple of youngsters and wouldn't have been any worse off.

Officially the worst signing ever. Worse than De Vere in 09.

maybe now the broncos can forget about bench pressing records and work on some speed

I'm concerned how much of his contract we'll be paying....

Unfortunately, Kennedy will have a regular reminder of his time with us every time he looks at his pay slip

Yep Kennedy was an appalling signing now given he has pulled the plug and left.

No loss whatsoever he is an average player that is mainly a benchie that does something decent every now and again. He can now go back and play behind JWH, FPN and Moa.

I was probably the only one who was against signing him and it turned out my concerns came true. Overrated and average.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Emanon
  • Harry Sack
  • broncos4life
  • cento
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Browny
  • Yellowfella
  • Santa
  • Scorchie
  • Cavalo
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • IceWorks
  • Justwin
  • bb_gun
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.