Broncos release Hala and Kennedy

The media has said that they expect Bennett to sign another prop.

The media has said that they expect Bennett to sign another prop.

I read this afternoon through one of the Dragons supporters blogs and it was confirmed that his (Hunt I mean) has been given permission to negotiate with other clubs for 2015. They have signed Packer an Rose so they are letting Hunt go. Could be a decent pick-up for us?

I read this afternoon through one of the Dragons supporters blogs and it was confirmed that his (Hunt I mean) has been given permission to negotiate with other clubs for 2015. They have signed Packer an Rose so they are letting Hunt go. Could be a decent pick-up for us?

Maybe, the only time he played well was under Bennett.

Just asked Chris Garry if we would be signing another prop or if we were just going to promote some of the Under 20's and he said to read the paper tomorrow, should be interesting.

Dan the Man, fella how the heck were you able to get a hold of Chris' s telephone number? Did u just call Courier Mail reception?

Last edited:
Although Merrin is a good player, I don't thing he is the solution to our problems. I think Merrin is too similar to Parker, instead we need someone who can dominate the opposition pack. Merrin has yet to dominate an opposition's pack, and instead gets man-handled way too often when playing for the dragons against the better teams. He seems to be a lock, rather than a prop.

We need a big, intimidating prop that can stand up to the opposition, someone like JWH or Burgess Twins. Someone who can make it a personal challenge to take it to the other forward pack. We currently don't have any player who plays to dominate their opposition forwards.

Maybe, the only time he played well was under Bennett.

Exactly mate! That's why I think his worth a shot. Give him 12 months to earn a longer term contract. I think Wayne could bring out he's best without too much of a risk in signing him. He couldnt be any worse than Fartin Kennedy.

Although Merrin is a good player, I don't thing he is the solution to our problems. I think Merrin is too similar to Parker, instead we need someone who can dominate the opposition pack. Merrin has yet to dominate an opposition's pack, and instead gets man-handled way too often when playing for the dragons against the better teams. He seems to be a lock, rather than a prop.

We need a big, intimidating prop that can stand up to the opposition, someone like JWH or Burgess Twins. Someone who can make it a personal challenge to take it to the other forward pack. We currently don't have any player who plays to dominate their opposition forwards.

I think Gavet is going to be our big and intimidating forward.

Exactly mate! That's why I think his worth a shot. Give him 12 months to earn a longer term contract. I think Wayne could bring out he's best without too much of a risk in signing him. He couldnt be any worse than Fartin Kennedy.

That could be a plan.

Could be as news for unbreakable

I think Gavet is going to be our big and intimidating forward.

Depends I think on whether Thorn can get a release from he's Leister rugby contract. He would provide plenty of grunt as well as intimidation factor.

JSPatXj.gif
Hey, my video was supposed to be private ffs!

Aren't Garbutt and Garvet big boys?

Add to that Ofehengue and Molo who aren't small either. (not sure about Griffin)

Big doesn't necessarily mean better, especially if they run kike a pillow
Ken Oath!

Griffin is pretty small btw, he might make for a great lock at NRL level, but is probably too small as a prop, and I do mean small:

178 cm
98 Kgs

Dan Hunt would not be the solution to our problems either. We need a forward leader, and Hunt isn't even a forward leader at the Dragons, who have very few props anyway. The dragons don't even have legitimate props in their roster and he's not even the best prop they've got. How is he going to be the marquee prop that we need. He can't match it with the bigger props, so why is he even being considered. He'd be a worse signing than Kennedy.

So we could be looking at something like this in 2015:

9. Macca
10. Sammy
11. Hunt
12. Corey
13. Thorney

14. Garbutt
15. the other fella signed from the tigers
16. Big Joe

Not too shabby really.

So we could be looking at something like this in 2015:

9. Macca
10. Sammy
11. Hunt
12. Corey
13. Thorney

14. Garbutt
15. the other fella signed from the tigers
16. Big Joe

Not too shabby really.

There is no way the team will line up like that, its just all wrong really.

Dan Hunt...

I pray that he never steps foot in this club. He is nothing more than an average prop.

Last edited:
Dan Hunt would not be the solution to our problems either. We need a forward leader, and Hunt isn't even a forward leader at the Dragons, who have very few props anyway. The dragons don't even have legitimate props in their roster and he's not even the best prop they've got. How is he going to be the marquee prop that we need. He can't match it with the bigger props, so why is he even being considered. He'd be a worse signing than Kennedy.

Look, I'm not saying his a world beater but he is surely better signing to give us another option rather than going into 2015 under manned!?

There is no way the team will line up like that, its just all wrong really.

Sorry fella, I might have got the positions mixed up but essentially Hunt an Thorney to be our starting props. At least till the young fellas step up.

Look, I'm not saying his a world beater but he is surely better signing to give us another option rather than going into 2015 under manned!?

Do one of our ISC teams need a new prop, because thats the only place he fits in our organisation.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Dash
  • Allo
  • barker
  • Harry Sack
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • bb_gun
  • Fozz
  • BroncsNBundy
  • mrtij
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.