Broncos release Hala and Kennedy

I think Griffin is a lock rather than a prop. If we wanted a good impact prop (Despite the fact we need more starting/workhorse props), I'd take Mark Mexico. He is a beast. Not the biggest blokes around, but he probably runs the hardest. Those PNG boys are as solid as a brick wall. They run straight with great speed and more than make up for their slightly smaller frame (in terms of Height) with their powerful, hard running style. He reminds me of Sam Moa, except faster.

Here watch this video of him during the world cup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Stuff It, lets just sign Mose Masoe and Mark Mexico and go with all impact props. Just use the bench effectively so that we constantly have a roll on and our props aren't getting too tired. They'll all play with high intensity and opposition teams won't know how to handle them. We'll only really need to substitute our props, backrowers should be able to play bigger minutes therefore only requiring a couple of subsitutions.

1. Barba
2. Hoffman/Kahu
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Vidot
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Masoe
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday (Just playing on the edge, nothing in the centre. He's most damaging on the fringes)
13. Parker

14. Oates
15. Garbutt
16. Gavett
17. Mexico

DONE (*Don't need Glenn)

Stuff It, lets just sign Mose Masoe and Mark Mexico and go with all impact props. Just use the bench effectively so that we constantly have a roll on and our props aren't getting too tired. They'll all play with high intensity and opposition teams won't know how to handle them. We'll only really need to substitute our props, backrowers should be able to play bigger minutes therefore only requiring a couple of subsitutions.

1. Barba
2. Hoffman/Kahu
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Vidot
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Masoe
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday (Just playing on the edge, nothing in the centre. He's most damaging on the fringes)
13. Parker

14. Oates
15. Garbutt
16. Gavett
17. Mexico

DONE (*Don't need Glenn)

I love this team!!!!!!

Mind you I still want Joe O in #17.

CP13 is his best spot.

Sorry fella, I might have got the positions mixed up but essentially Hunt an Thorney to be our starting props. At least till the young fellas step up.

Personally I can't see either coming to the club and are not great option anyway.

Personally I can't see either coming to the club and are not great option anyway.

I thought the Thorn rumour was a joke, did I miss something that may suggest its legit?

I'm genuinely asking.

I love this team!!!!!!

Mind you I still want Joe O in #17.

CP13 is his best spot.

I think this could be a premiership winning team. Ofa is only 19. Still plenty of time for him to develop in the NYC or preferably the ISC.

1. Barba
2. Hoffman/Kahu
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Vidot
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Masoe
11. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Oates
15. Garbutt
16. Gavett
17. Mexico

DONE (*Don't need Glenn)

Can't see us getting Masoe, but we can dare to dream.

Sorry fella, I might have got the positions mixed up but essentially Hunt an Thorney to be our starting props. At least till the young fellas step up.
There is no way Thorn is coming, he's 40, he would be useless in the NRL now.
Dan Hunt can stay where he is too, I'd rather we Daniel Vidot be our impact prop ahead of either of those two.

If we sign Brad Thorn, it will be worse than Kennedy

I thought the Thorn rumour was a joke, did I miss something that may suggest its legit?

I'm genuinely asking.

My information is that Thorn offered he‘s services to the Qld Reds for next season, but they had already signed someone else. Then, the Waratahs enquired about signing him for 12 months but by that stage he had signed with Leister rugby. He‘s wife is quite desperate to come back to Brisbane for the children to grow up.

Im not saying it‘s a done deal. But, i believe there are some discreet enquiries taking place as to if he can break the rugby contract he signed. I can‘ t see why he couldn‘t break it technically, i think it is more the fact he is a man of honour and would be reluctant to do so - breaking the contract that is.

I think Griffin is a lock rather than a prop. If we wanted a good impact prop (Despite the fact we need more starting/workhorse props), I'd take Mark Mexico. He is a beast. Not the biggest blokes around, but he probably runs the hardest. Those PNG boys are as solid as a brick wall. They run straight with great speed and more than make up for their slightly smaller frame (in terms of Height) with their powerful, hard running style. He reminds me of Sam Moa, except faster.

Here watch this video of him during the world cup:

He is at the Sharks, has been since April.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, funny novelty account now **** off.

Look, just because you look like havin egg all over your scraggly hipster beard don't get all sulky you little girly man. Go and get yourself another organic soy latte and calm the heck down, puhlease.

Last edited:
He is at the Sharks, has been since April.

I don't understand what your trying to say. I know he's at the Sharks, but I'm not quite sure why that matters... He comes off contract in 2014, so I thought if were to go out and sign a prop, I'd personally chase him.

Active Now

• Alec
  • BroncosAlways
  • kman
  • winslow_wong
  • broncos4life
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Fitzy
  • theshed
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Allo
  • Galah
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • Johnny92
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Fozz
  • Santa
  • Harry Sack
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • cento
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.