Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
I really think the best thing we can do is to completely change our team, try and remove as much of the old as possible. Change the whole core of it.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Total made up rumour for Hooper, as usual. It is a shame he is a reporter as he missed his calling in life as a punching bag.

Also, Dean Richie: 'The Cowboys are highly interested in Hynes'...so that's right, the team that just signed Dearden and currently has Holmes, Hammer, Drinkwater and Townsend.

If you are going to make up rumours, at least make them believable you idiot.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Let's humour it though, let's say Isaako and TPJ go, you could run this out next year realistically:

1. Hynes
2. Hammer
3. Gagai
4. Lee
5. Farnworth
6. Staggs
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. B.Smith
10. Lodge
11. Su'A
12. Capewell
13. Carrigan

14. Hetherington
15. Bullemor/Flegler
16. Kennedy
17. Riki/Piakura

I'd take that, though keeping TPJ would be far better than keeping Lodge if it came down to it.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Let's humour it though, let's say Isaako and TPJ go, you could run this out next year realistically:

1. Hynes
2. Hammer
3. Gagai
4. Lee
5. Farnworth
6. Staggs
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. B.Smith
10. Lodge
11. Su'A
12. Capewell
13. Carrigan

14. Hetherington
15. Bullemor/Flegler
16. Kennedy
17. Riki/Piakura

I'd take that, though keeping TPJ would be far better than keeping Lodge if it came down to it.
Don’t rate at all... getting a bit unrealistic now

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Total made up rumour for Hooper, as usual. It is a shame he is a reporter as he missed his calling in life as a punching bag.

Also, Dean Richie: 'The Cowboys are highly interested in Hynes'...so that's right, the team that just signed Dearden and currently has Holmes, Hammer, Drinkwater and Townsend.

If you are going to make up rumours, at least make them believable you idiot.
Hooper hasn’t been right about any Brisbane rumour he’s pushed this year, he clearly doesn’t have sources in Brisbane.

Fathead is easily the worst, all his stories have perfect quotes from “anonymous sources”.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Hahahah how’s this for realistic?

E1FD50B2 3E41 4332 8CA5 B6B5B5902E72

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
We gave permission for this to happen so we can sign Hodgson and Hynes..

I understand releasing Isaako in order to sign Hynes.. But if you need to release Pangai to sign Hodgson then you just look for another hooker..

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
He can be whatever he wants to be in board meetings. Board meetings would primarily be talking about budgets and strategic plans.

They could be talking about cutting funding to the football department or different things like that and he's getting in there and fighting them on it.

Don't get confused about Lockyer on the board vs Lockyer in an R&R meeting
The only people who know what they talk about are those in the room.

I would also add that in 4 years I’ve never spread a rumour on here, but I also have absolutely no reason to doubt what I was told.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
We gave permission for this to happen so we can sign Hodgson and Hynes..

I understand releasing Isaako in order to sign Hynes.. But if you need to release Pangai to sign Hodgson then you just look for another hooker..
Where have you pulled this from?

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
If pangai goes I go to. Not that it will matter to the club. But Im jack shit of my favourite players leaving the club. Hunt, Niko, Fifita, coates and then pangai..hell nooo

**** this shit, I'm out

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
Locky is the biggest fence sitter going around. Hard to see him being difficult in a board meeting. The bloke is the very definition of a door mat.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Locky said exactly what a lot of us have said already about Hynes, but at the end of the day if Kevvie wants him he will get him, just as Seibs got what he wanted & Bennett got what he wanted.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Locky said exactly what a lot of us have said already about Hynes, but at the end of the day if Kevvie wants him he will get him, just as Seibs got what he wanted & Bennett got what he wanted.

There is definitely risk involved with Hynes so I would be cautious with how much we pay. For those worried about how he’ll go outside of Storm , he was great in the Koori knock out...until he wasn’t. Star of the whole comp and then had one of the worst games of footy you’ve ever seen in the GF.

I was such an advocate for signing him because when I first started mentioning it, he would have been far cheaper than now. The more expensive he gets the less worth it he’ll be. If the club can get him for 400k or under on a 2 year contract, I think it’s worth while. At very worse he’s a good utility, at best he’s an elite fullback and a fail safe for the Staggs experiment.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Fair enough in rating it but in which ways is it unrealistic?
**** me sideways what part of signing 7 of the top prospects in the market is realistic for the second last side and reigning wooden spooners... it’s not even that good of a side either so why would they do it... also we’re supposedly under cap issues and getting rid of TPJ and Isaako and possibly Turpin who I can’t see many teams rushing to take on full value somehow buys us
Gagai
Brandon
Capewell
Su’A
Hamiso
on top of the rumoured:
Hynes
Brenko

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Fair enough in rating it but in which ways is it unrealistic?
too many players in at once, never going to happen in 1 season, there is still a cap to deal with and players we would have to wait to expire before we can go for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • broncos4life
  • Robboi_321
  • john1420
  • Santa
  • Big Del
  • upthebroncs
  • Wolfie
  • The Strapper
  • Mr Fourex
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • Justwin
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.