Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
He’s probably on more than he would get on the market now anyway.

I think if a club like the Tigers is making a play for him, then they would know their only real hope of getting him is a big offer. That would be my concern if this whole thing is true because i doubt even with the mess we are in he wouldnt swap us for the Tigers unless it was money based.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I think if a club like the Tigers is making a play for him, then they would know their only real hope of getting him is a big offer. That would be my concern if this whole thing is true because i doubt even with the mess we are in he wouldnt swap us for the Tigers unless it was money based.

The story makes no sense. It just says they were caught catching a plane to Brisbane and they denied it. Obviously they are speaking to someone up here but why Isaako and TPJ are who they assume doesn’t make any sense.

You’d think them talking to Milford, Croft, Oates, Gamble, or even Lodge would make more sense.

Please god let it be Croft.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Just getting Clarkey speak on his Instagram and apparently Hynes had 20 tries and 26 try assists in his 20 games for falcons a couple of years s back

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Honestly with me I am quite puzzled as to why we are trying to get rid of 2 starters when we have the likes of Oates and Asiata on good money Asiata is off contract so that’s a rumoured 400-500k next year for starters and secondly Oates is almost an excess to needs if he isn’t gonna get better really we have quite a bit of money to buy Hynes and potentially get a new winger or Capewell don’t see why we should start tearing I team apart for Hodgson of all people

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Hynes -400k (he’s looking for a starting spot won’t be that picky on money I assume
A winger:
Vunivalu 400-500
Edrick 400
Hynel Hunt 300-400
Raiders & Rabbitohs have 3 starting quality wingers so could press buttons to get one of their wingers as well so:
Valemi 300
Simmonsson 300
Mansour 400-500
Paulo 350-400

and Capewell 500k

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Yeah... just doesn’t seem like broncos is the right place for him anymore... he’s gone as far as he can

also I really think we need a tall lanky winger that does what he used to do... Metres, Metres, Metres, runs well, finishes and more metres
Oates runs and errors in his 4 games

R10 - 10 runs 91m and 1 error
R9 - 18 runs for 189m and 2 errors
R8 - 12 runs for 199m and 0 errors
R7 - 15 runs for 137m and 1 error

We dropped the wrong winger. Oates is doing his job, making shit loads of metres and his errors are pretty standard for him, 1 error a game is acceptable when making 150m+ per game on average, and most of those metres are out of our own end.

Donald Garner

Donald Garner

NRL Player
Feb 5, 2017
Hynes -400k (he’s looking for a starting spot won’t be that picky on money I assume
A winger:
Vunivalu 400-500
Edrick 400
Hynel Hunt 300-400
Raiders & Rabbitohs have 3 starting quality wingers so could press buttons to get one of their wingers as well so:
Valemi 300
Simmonsson 300
Mansour 400-500
Paulo 350-400

and Capewell 500k

I bet you my house we don’t get Hynes for 400k a year. To get him here and away from the storm I think he wants a lot more then that. I’m betting his asking price to come here is upwards of 600k a year

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I heard along the grapevine that Lockyer is very “disruptive / difficult” in board meetings.

Thing that surprised me about Locky from players who i know who have been around him is that he never seemed keen to help out some of the younger players on the training field. The other thing that i was also a bit surprised about ( and i dont know why really ) is comparing that with Joey. At the Eels he goes out of his way to give advice and help out any player who needs or wants help, even the players outside their 30. Locky is one of my favourite ever Broncos. But just like another former Bronco in Tallis ( who i idolised ) it seems away from the footy field they arent the best.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I bet you my house we don’t get Hynes for 400k a year. To get him here and away from the storm I think he wants a lot more then that. I’m betting his asking price to come here is upwards of 600k a year
You'd have to imagine $400,000 would be at least double what he's currently on at Melbourne. I doubt they would budge that much to keep him effectively as a utility back off the bench.

There aren't too many clubs out there that would be willing to offer him a large sum of money. Looking across the NRL there aren't that many vacancies at fullback or five-eighth so Brisbane shapes up as the likely destination.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Oates runs and errors in his 4 games

R10 - 10 runs 91m and 1 error
R9 - 18 runs for 189m and 2 errors
R8 - 12 runs for 199m and 0 errors
R7 - 15 runs for 137m and 1 error

We dropped the wrong winger. Oates is doing his job, making shit loads of metres and his errors are pretty standard for him, 1 error a game is acceptable when making 150m+ per game on average, and most of those metres are out of our own end.
Yeah but he makes a shit ton of metres only he can’t score a try/finish to save his life, he isn’t good under the high ball and he is slow as shit

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
$400K for Hynes would probably be a steal. He covers two really important positions pretty well, even if you had a better half and fullback, imagine having him easily slot in if there's an injury or whatever (which is whats happening at the Storm).

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
Thing that surprised me about Locky from players who i know who have been around him is that he never seemed keen to help out some of the younger players on the training field. The other thing that i was also a bit surprised about ( and i dont know why really ) is comparing that with Joey. At the Eels he goes out of his way to give advice and help out any player who needs or wants help, even the players outside their 30. Locky is one of my favourite ever Broncos. But just like another former Bronco in Tallis ( who i idolised ) it seems away from the footy field they arent the best.
Im the same, loved Locky and Tallis when they were playing, but they are really unlikable since then.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
He’s never showed any interest in coaching and probably isn’t around the group enough to be comfortable putting his two bobs worth in. I think too being a director maybe he feels he needs to keep his distance.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Just getting Clarkey speak on his Instagram and apparently Hynes had 20 tries and 26 try assists in his 20 games for falcons a couple of years s back

Mmmmmm he only has 21 in his career from 65 games. He scored six in 19. His most is nine for the Cutters in 2017.

He had 21 try assists in 19, from fullback with Grant having 21 too.

Hynes averaged just over 100m a game and Grant just under with 99.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Im the same, loved Locky and Tallis when they were playing, but they are really unlikable since then.
Tallis is a knob.

Locky is an easy target because he’s high profile, but he’s not the boss and he’s not the only guy there involved in making decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Maroon4life
  • Galah
  • Bucking Beads
  • The Strapper
  • Xzei
  • Financeguy
  • peter09
  • Sproj
  • leon.bott
  • OXY-351
  • Lazza
  • winslow_wong
  • Footy Fanatic
  • broncos4life
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.