Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Tallis is a knob.

Locky is an easy target because he’s high profile, but he’s not the boss and he’s not the only guy there involved in making decisions.
You think with his football know how he would have advised against a lot of the decisions that were clearly bad ones over the last 2 years.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
You think with his football know how he would have advised against a lot of the decisions that were clearly bad ones over the last 2 years.

how do you know what he advised.

for all we know, he advised against them ... then simply supported the club once the decision was made.

recruitment wise, it wouldn't matter what Lockyer advised, the coach gets the team they want

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
too many players in at once, never going to happen in 1 season, there is still a cap to deal with and players we would have to wait to expire before we can go for others.
The Roosters managed this not so long ago, the year they came second last.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Thing that surprised me about Locky from players who i know who have been around him is that he never seemed keen to help out some of the younger players on the training field. The other thing that i was also a bit surprised about ( and i dont know why really ) is comparing that with Joey. At the Eels he goes out of his way to give advice and help out any player who needs or wants help, even the players outside their 30. Locky is one of my favourite ever Broncos. But just like another former Bronco in Tallis ( who i idolised ) it seems away from the footy field they arent the best.
Be disappointing if true 😞

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Tallis is a knob.

Locky is an easy target because he’s high profile, but he’s not the boss and he’s not the only guy there involved in making decisions.
I don’t think anyone has even gone remotely close to suggesting Lockyer is the problem.

He can, however, be criticised for his involvement without being held totally accountable. They don’t have to be the same thing.

Through all of this though, like it or not, he has played his part in the downfall of this club. No ones hands are clean.

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
where there is smoke theres fire....

All i know is; the club is trying to open up as much cap space as possible...

So there will be guys leaving. And not necessarily those out of contract...

I think thats where all these stories are starting from...

Plus Walters will know by now who is buying into what he is selling (what "is" he selling BTW...) and who isnt and can go...

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
where there is smoke theres fire....

All i know is; the club is trying to open up as much cap space as possible...

So there will be guys leaving. And not necessarily those out of contract...

I think thats where all these stories are starting from...

Plus Walters will know by now who is buying into what he is selling (what "is" he selling BTW...) and who isnt and can go...
Milford or Croft for Billy Walters is the only trade that makes sense right now. Croft is injured but indentured for another year. Milford is only burning up cap for the rest of the season. All currently in the little league.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Joe said ’the getting worse‘ was over. Maybe DD has other ideas.
It all depends on who comes in. TPJ is a beast and my favourite player at the moment, he’s historically been toxic off of the field and continues to make costly errors.

If you move on TPJ and gain Sua on 150k less and replace Isaako with Hynes and these moves allow us to sign a quality hooker - than yeah, the loss of TPJ is disappointing but the balance of the team is far improved.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I don't mind losing TPJ if it's for the better balance of the team. Isaako too for that matter. Let's say the plan is to have Isaako on the wing and he's in 400k, would you take Vunivalu for 550k? I would easily.

Then let's say you move TPJ on, save 650k, and sign Hodgson for 500k.

Effectively you swap Isaako/TPJ for Vunivalu/Hodgson and our team is instantly way better. Yes TPJ is a freak but our spine and wing positions are both shit so we'd be strengthening two positions to weaken one.

All depends on the plan, if it's just to move TPJ on to swap him with Sua/Capewell, I'll be pretty pissed. He's better than both easily.

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
I don't mind losing TPJ if it's for the better balance of the team. Isaako too for that matter. Let's say the plan is to have Isaako on the wing and he's in 400k, would you take Vunivalu for 550k? I would easily.

Effectively you swap Isaako/TPJ for Vunivalu/Hodgson and our team is instantly way better. Yes TPJ is a freak but our spine and wing positions are both shit so we'd be strengthening two positions to weaken one.

All depends on the plan, if it's just to move TPJ on to swap him with Sua/Capewell, I'll be pretty pissed. He's better than both easily.
The only problem with that scenario is it leaves us with a backrow of Riki and (maybe) Piakura, which would have to be close to the worst in the comp. We'd have to turn TPJ into Hodgson AND Su'a, which is easier said than done.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Don't people think that the fact that the players aren't the ones doing the visiting is significant? I mean, they're not touring facilities and even if they were, would they be impressed?

Both the players mentioned have healthy contracts and wouldn't it take a very hefty pay bump to even make them consider leaving, leaving for a vastly inferior set up in a much more expensive city? Isaako has a 3 year old and missus so leaving seems, odd.

Can anyone come up with a sufficiently enticing reason? If it's purely money, how much would be enough to uproot?

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Yeah but he makes a shit ton of metres only he can’t score a try/finish to save his life, he isn’t good under the high ball and he is slow as shit
How many try scoring opportunities are created for him? Oates is the perfect bloke to have on the left wing when the bloke on the right offers no assistance to the forwards. Not only does Oates do all that work out of our end, majority of his play the balls are quick because he generally lands on his stomach, it's pretty rare for him to be dominated in the tackle and turned to his back.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
How many try scoring opportunities are created for him? Oates is the perfect bloke to have on the left wing when the bloke on the right offers no assistance to the forwards. Not only does Oates do all that work out of our end, majority of his play the balls are quick because he generally lands on his stomach, it's pretty rare for him to be dominated in the tackle and turned to his back.
You'd think it's unlikely that Oates stays.. He's still getting messed around.. by Kev.. You would think they'd have a better relationship.. But Oates was training all pre-season in the backrow position and then he starts in Q cup playing wing.. Doesn't make sense to me.. Sounds very confusing for a player, I think Oates should leave for his own personal benefit on having more security around his role and knowing what he's preparing for every week.

Personally, I'd like Oates to stay.. We still haven't genuinely tested him in the backrow.. But obviously, I think 600k is too much to pay him.. Especially if someone like Kurt Capewell is only asking for 450k

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Guess we'll just have to throw Piakura on the wing and forget he was ever a forward too :noooice:

If he ever tries to bring it up that he was a forward just DENY DENY DENY

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008

I think for the balance of the team we need someone like TPJ to create second phase play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • thenry
  • Waynesaurus
  • Fozz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Mister Wright
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Battler
  • Howie
  • Lazza
  • azza.79
  • broncos4life
  • Jedhead
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.