Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
At worst he's a competent NRL fullback which is something we lack.

he doesn't offer us anything we couldn't get from either Nui or Isaako (or potentially someone like Staggs if we decided to go that route) for a cheaper contract than Allen.

especially once these guys start working under a competent coaching team

Last edited:
Didn't they sign JAC to play fullback

he doesn't offer us anything we couldn't get from either Nui or Isaako (or potentially someone like Staggs if we decided to go that route) for a cheaper contract than Allen.

Well...he does. He has shown himself to be a competent, if not really good, fullback at NRL and state level. Our fullback options have shown themselves to be...lucky to be in first grade.

Didn't they sign JAC to play fullback

Apparently, so either Allen is backing himself to keep JAC out of fullback once he arrives in 2022 (although he couldn't oust Mitchell from fullback at the Rabbitohs) or the Bulldogs were the only club to go near his reported asking price.

Well...he does. He has shown himself to be a competent, if not really good, fullback at NRL and state level. Our fullback options have shown themselves to be...lucky to be in first grade.

firstly, let's see how he goes at fullback for an entire season, rather than 5 or 6 weeks ... he certainly didn't convince me that he was anything special in his Origin game. it was only a Bradbury situation that got him selected in the first place.

secondly, wait until our options are coached by a competent coaching team ... i have zero doubt they'll perform at a standard similar to Allen.

IMO, Allen screams of a signing that you make when you are just desperate to make a signing. he would be nothing more than a stop gap option (and an over paid one at that if you met his contract demands) ... if we hadn't just come off the season we had, then i doubt too many people would mention his name as an option, even less would be upset when he signed with another team

Allan would've had like 4 try assists in his Origin debut if Holmes could catch.

Isaako and Niu will be lucky to have 4 all season. If nothing else he creates significantly more opportunities than our guys.

Apparently, so either Allen is backing himself to keep JAC out of fullback once he arrives in 2022 (although he couldn't oust Mitchell from fullback at the Rabbitohs) or the Bulldogs were the only club to go near his reported asking price.

firstly, let's see how he goes at fullback for an entire season, rather than 5 or 6 weeks ... he certainly didn't convince me that he was anything special in his Origin game. it was only a Bradbury situation that got him selected in the first place.

secondly, wait until our options are coached by a competent coaching team ... i have zero doubt they'll perform at a standard similar to Allen.

IMO, Allen screams of a signing that you make when you are just desperate to make a signing. he would be nothing more than a stop gap option (and an over paid one at that if you met his contract demands) ... if we hadn't just come off the season we had, then i doubt too many people would mention his name as an option, even less would be upset when he signed with another team

You may well be right but you really are underselling what Allan did this season and in origin. As mentioned above, if Holmes could catch, he would have had 4 try assists in an origin game...on debut...in a live decider AND he made a bucketload of metres running the ball back. Not really sure what you don't see in him.

Niu looks promising but is very, very raw. Isaako has no attacking game whatsoever.

Dogs are assembling a really good roster with heaps of upside, they certainly look on an upward trajectory even in the short term.
Yep they have made some excellent signings. I reckon they'll be knocking on the top 8's door next year.

Yep they have made some excellent signings. I reckon they'll be knocking on the top 8's door next year.

don't the majority of those signing commence for the 2022 season

don't the majority of those signing commence for the 2022 season
Cotric, Flanagan and Allan (reportedly) are for this year. Matt Burton and JAC are for 2022, and they'll also have Luke Thompson with a proper pre-season under his belt.

If they had Burton/JAC this year I'd say they were top 8 material, but I think with just those 3, they'll be sitting 8-11 on the ladder come end of season.

I guess time will tell if he was the one that got away. 400k for 2 seasons seems worth the risk.

All these players “love the Broncos”.
Until their managers say hey, why don’t you love some big $$ instead.
Fifita is the prime example.

Someone who is an exception to the above and genuinely loves the Broncos is a bloke named Herbie.
The sacrifices the kid has made, and then to be chased by many clubs and offered more $, he still chose the Broncos.

There needs to be more blokes like Herbie.
Any news on Herbie? I'm a little worried about what's happening over there in the old dart.

Any news on Herbie? I'm a little worried about what's happening over there in the old dart.
Herbie is in quarantine, I think he will be back training around the 18th, maybe a little after.

pretty sure he is back in Australia, undertaking his mandatory 2 weeks quarantine ... probably doing some pushups right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Alec
  • The Boss
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • GCBRONCO
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BRC088
  • Battler
  • Waynesaurus
  • Skyblues87
  • Thelmus
  • FACTHUNT
  • sooticus
  • Harry Sack
  • Browny
  • Organix
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.