Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rate Schonig. Hardworking, toiler type in the Carrigan mold.

Could certainly do worse.

Surely we could raid the Cows' stocks as well. They have an excess of middles.
Gilbert, Hola, Jensen, Pere are all good shouts stuck behind McLean, Hess and Lolo.

Gilbert, Hola, Jensen, Pere are all good shouts stuck behind McLean, Hess and Lolo.
Yep, personally I believe Schonig is a future origin player.. But that's just my opinion.

Looks like Cows only have Jensen and Wright off contract.. Not sure I want them

I dont believe we need another prop here.

However, if the club disagrees with my POV then id be happy to see Ryan James come on board for a year or 2.

Ironic, considering he lived 1 hour away last year from Brissie, now hed come up via Canberra!

But a good trainer and a positive influence on our group of forwards. Be quite cheap id imagine..

Like i said though, i dont believe we need another prop. Focus on the spine.

November 1 go phoning up guys like Ponga, B Smith, H Grant etc...
We don’t have to wait until November to talk to them, I hope discussions with our next 9 are well advanced at this stage

I tell you who we already have in the Carrigan mold: Patty Carrigan.

Is there someone else you have in mind?

Napa is a hot head that gets suspended enough playing for a Sydney club ... he'll never get on the field for us.

Melbourne don't seem to have too many issues losing Schonig ... that should give us pause

I don't rate Ah Mau, Mago or Lui

IF we were going to sign another prop, then it should be a leader to assist our young pack. Ryan James fits that bill. he is also a hard working professional who would be invaluable to our young pack, even if he doesn't get too much game time. he is probably the only potentially available prop i would consider

Napa would have to come very cheap and he would be a bit of a project but I think he'd be in a similar boat to Gamble.. We could harness their energy and turn it into some good team spirit. If Napa could get back to his best when he was taking on Sam Burgess and doing it all in Origin.. That'd be a great pick up. It really depends where his mindset is at now and where he sees himself going in his career.. Maybe he's ready to knuckle down and get his redemption story. Seeing Napa next to you all fired up in the middle could inspire any side. Worth a punt at the right price imo.

Each to their own though

Napa is a hot head that gets suspended enough playing for a Sydney club ... he'll never get on the field for us.

Melbourne don't seem to have too many issues losing Schonig ... that should give us pause

I don't rate Ah Mau, Mago or Lui

IF we were going to sign another prop, then it should be a leader to assist our young pack. Ryan James fits that bill. he is also a hard working professional who would be invaluable to our young pack, even if he doesn't get too much game time. he is probably the only potentially available prop i would consider
Schonig is decent quality but his role in their squad is fairly easily filled by other guys. Melbourne's willingness to let him go is far more likely to be about their ease in finding similar replacements rather than a reflection on his ability.

As for not rating Ah Mau, I'd find that hard to cop from anyone who'd been really paying attention. The guys a is a very underrated Middle Forward.

Napa would have to come very cheap and he would be a bit of a project but I think he'd be in a similar boat to Gamble.. We could harness their energy and turn it into some good team spirit. If Napa could get back to his best when he was taking on Sam Burgess and doing it all in Origin.. That'd be a great pick up. It really depends where his mindset is at now and where he sees himself going in his career.. Maybe he's ready to knuckle down and get his redemption story. Seeing Napa next to you all fired up in the middle could inspire any side. Worth a punt at the right price imo.

Each to their own though

I agree but I would only be for it if he came at 200k which would not be impossible because Napa is pretty damaged goods, not many clubs would be willing to offer him much.

Id take Corey Jensen. He's buff as 😄

Each to their own though

I agree but I would only be for it if he came at 200k which would not be impossible because Napa is pretty damaged goods, not many clubs would be willing to offer him much.
He just needs to come home and get a bit of love from Kev and he'll be sweet.

if people thought TPJ got suspended alot ... this guy would set new records playing for us ... and he's not all that good to begin with anyway
Coach just needs to have a chat to him about what the expectations are before signing him. It's up to the coach to harness the talent. Obviously don't sign him if you think he's going to be a liability.. But I think he could potentially provide value.

I think we’re at that point. We really have to curate our culture from this point forward and you only have to look at Vaughan for how one imbecile can ruin a team.
Yeah, that's why I didn't like when Bennett was bringing in people like Lodge, TPJ, Roberts, Bird.. It changed the culture at the club. I know what he was trying to do.. He was trying to add some toughness to the side because he thought the Broncos were soft "choir boys".

I like supporting a club that has nice respectful men playing for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • teampjta
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.