Broncos Vs. Raiders - Build Up Thread

The Rock said:
LOLZ. So you reckon they'll take more out of a loss than they will out of playing a finals game at sold out WIN stadium? Seriously?

A lot of the issues we've had this year has got to do with in-experience just as much as it has got to do with heart.

I fail to see how one Finals game will do anything for the team. The Broncos play in front of massive crowds each week anyway. It is pretty clear to me the team can stand up to a finals type match anway.

Finals footie is literally an entirely different ball game. Just 1 match would be a huge learning experience for the new-borns.

01. Josh Hoffman
02. Antonio Winterstein
03. Alex Glenn
04. Israel Folau
05. Jharal Yow Yeh
06. Darren Lockye
r
07. Ben Hunt
08. Shane Tronc
09. Andrew McCullough
10. Nick Kenny
11. Ben Te'o
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Matt Gillett
15. Josh McGuire
16. Scott Anderson
17. Mitchell Dodds

Most of the team has already played finals.

Bucking Beads said:
01. Josh Hoffman
02. Antonio Winterstein
03. Alex Glenn
04. Israel Folau
05. Jharal Yow Yeh
06. Darren Lockye
r
07. Ben Hunt
08. Shane Tronc
09. Andrew McCullough
10. Nick Kenny
11. Ben Te'o
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Matt Gillett
15. Josh McGuire
16. Scott Anderson
17. Mitchell Dodds

To continue from that.. grand final experience:
04. Israel Folau (07, 08)
06. Darren Lockyer (97,98,00,06)
08. Shane Tronc (05)
12. Sam Thaiday (06)
13. Corey Parker (06)
16. Scott Anderson (09)

That's a fair amount of experience.

It would be great if we beat the raiders by plenty and make it into the finals. Of course we could do a miracle and win it from eighth but I don't see it happening. I am happy for us to miss the 8 this season. IMO we don't deserve to make the 8 after the last 3 weeks of crap we have produced.

The Rock said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":3oeu3qcu]01. Josh Hoffman
02. Antonio Winterstein
03. Alex Glenn
04. Israel Folau
05. Jharal Yow Yeh
06. Darren Lockye
r
07. Ben Hunt
08. Shane Tronc
09. Andrew McCullough
10. Nick Kenny
11. Ben Te'o
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Matt Gillett
15. Josh McGuire
16. Scott Anderson
17. Mitchell Dodds

lolz.

It's guys like Hoffman, Macca, Hunt, Gillett, that will benefit from it most though.[/quote:3oeu3qcu]

LOLZ nothing like a bit of complacency for the young boys to benefit from. [eusa_doh

I'd just be happy with a win. If it's enough to get us into the 8, then great.

I'd just be happy for a much improved performance on what they've dished out the last three weeks :roll:

Getting into the top 8 is a big thing IMO. It'd give the young guys a real shot-in-the-arm and a lot of self belief.

Missing out might just have the opposite effect

We skinned the Rabbits, plucked the Sea Eagles, extinguished the Dragons, snuffed the Storm, tamed the Titans.

Why can't we bloody root the Raiders?

I honestly think the team has run out of puff. It will be a huge effort to win on Friday night. I think they can win but I doubt they will.

raiders have won in brisbane only 4 times since 1988. Keep the faith.

Bucking Beads said:
I honestly think the team has run out of puff. It will be a huge effort to win on Friday night. I think they can win but I doubt they will.

Run out of puff?

They haven't even got up a f**king sweat!

They've been asleep, dreaming, in the land of nod, kipping, having 40 winks, a deep snooze, narcolepsy.

Maybe even pining for the fjords.

Wakey wakey!

I think the middle part of the season took alot out of them, we were 2-8 at one stage I think so we were on fire for quite some time in the middle of the season. Just a thought. It shoudldn't happen but I believe they are rooted. Thaiday looks gone IMO.

Bucking Beads said:
I think the middle part of the season took alot out of them, we were 2-8 at one stage I think so we were on fire for quite some time in the middle of the season. Just a thought. It shoudldn't happen but I believe they are rooted. Thaiday looks gone IMO.

Then the fitness coach gets terminated and the whole bloody team can play in the Qld Cup and stop pretending to be professional top grade footballers

I don't know what good that'll do rna. You've got to be realistic about this squad and concede that they still need to climitise to the demands of first grade football. It sucks for us diehard fans who bleed Maroon and Yellow but they'll reward us in no-time.

Lockyer, Wallace, Thaiday aren't expected to play and it appears A. Sims won't be called in because of an injury he suffered on the weekend playing Q Cup.

Speaking of Sims, I've been guilty of changing my opinion on him constantly through out the season. Hell within the last week I was arguing for his inclusion on here, yet defending his exclusion on LU. I know, my bad and I humbly apologise to renouf.

I'm of the opinion that he should've gotten more game time. He may not of deserved it...but really did Josh McGuire deserve game time? Did Mitchell Dodds or Scott Anderson? I mean this is an area we've been struggling with through out this season, making ground up the middle and aggression in defence and we know that Ashton is capable of that. Considering Henjak wasn't using Dodds correctly in the first place, Sims really should've taken his place.

With Ashton gone, you know who I wouldn't mind seeing? Sims. Tariq Sims that is. I know he's heading up North next season but really what benefit are any of our other players going to get from playing this game? Tariq has been going awesome for our 20's since at least last year and his inclusion would at least give our side some level of revitilising enthusiasm.

Also with Wallace gone and Hunt likely to be promoted, I wouldn't mind seeing Baptiste promoted onto the bench. The kid has been busting his ass all year in an Under 20's side struggling for a decent play maker and defensively. However once again, I know Henjak will likely give Gerard Beale the nod. Not that Beale is a terrible option BUT I'd prefer Kurt.

With that said...likely side.
1. Josh Hoffman
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Alex Glenn
4. Israel Folau
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Corey Norman
7. Ben Hunt
8. Shane Tronc
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Nick Kenny
11. Matt Gillett
12. Ben Te'o
13. Corey Parker (c)

14. Gerard Beale
15. Josh McGuire
16. Mitchell Dodds
17. Scott Anderson

Big Pete said:
I don't know what good that'll do rna. You've got to be realistic about this squad and concede that they still need to climitise to the demands of first grade football. It sucks for us diehard fans who bleed Maroon and Yellow but they'll reward us in no-time.

Lockyer, Wallace, Thaiday aren't expected to play and it appears A. Sims won't be called in because of an injury he suffered on the weekend playing Q Cup.

Speaking of Sims, I've been guilty of changing my opinion on him constantly through out the season. Hell within the last week I was arguing for his inclusion on here, yet defending his exclusion on LU. I know, my bad and I humbly apologise to renouf.

I'm of the opinion that he should've gotten more game time. He may not of deserved it...but really did Josh McGuire deserve game time? Did Mitchell Dodds or Scott Anderson? I mean this is an area we've been struggling with through out this season, making ground up the middle and aggression in defence and we know that Ashton is capable of that. Considering Henjak wasn't using Dodds correctly in the first place, Sims really should've taken his place.

With Ashton gone, you know who I wouldn't mind seeing? Sims. Tariq Sims that is. I know he's heading up North next season but really what benefit are any of our other players going to get from playing this game? Tariq has been going awesome for our 20's since at least last year and his inclusion would at least give our side some level of revitilising enthusiasm.

Also with Wallace gone and Hunt likely to be promoted, I wouldn't mind seeing Baptiste promoted onto the bench. The kid has been busting his ass all year in an Under 20's side struggling for a decent play maker and defensively. However once again, I know Henjak will likely give Gerard Beale the nod. Not that Beale is a terrible option BUT I'd prefer Kurt.

With that said...likely side.
1. Josh Hoffman
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Alex Glenn
4. Israel Folau
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Corey Norman
7. Ben Hunt
8. Shane Tronc
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Nick Kenny
11. Matt Gillett
12. Ben Te'o
13. Corey Parker (c)

14. Gerard Beale
15. Josh McGuire
16. Mitchell Dodds
17. Scott Anderson

I was, and remain cranky about our nose dive after beating the likes of finals contenders Souths, Manly, Dragons, Storm and Titans, as well the Sharks who can play very well indeed, and just losing to the Roosters (which we should have won anyway except for the referee.)

IMO, you can't ascribe our nose dive just to inexperience. We won too many critical matches against top sides just to shrug it off as "inexperience".

It seems to me that 2 constants in most of those games were Sims and Setu, Dodds, and of course Lockyer, but we did post some good wins without Locky and Izzy. We were still Fizzy.

Sims to me was an important part of the winning equation. He added sting and experience to the front row. Some of his hits this year were awesome. Why hasn't he been there? A fall out with Henhouse?

If so, are we at the mercy of Ivan's moods? That's why I refer to Ivan's EGO as a major negative.

For a rookie coach, he is to me just too much of a smart arse who seems to me to be more interested in himself than the team. And for the record, I do believe that the players have little confidence in him.

We won't beat the Raiders without Lockyer. They are just too hot for a Bronco's side who have lost heart, and who just don't have anyone who can organize the middle and call the plays.

However, I hope we do win, make the finals, and I will fork out $$$ on them. I hope we play out of our skins and the team remembers they are playing for the best club in the world.

IMO, you can't ascribe our nose dive just to inexperience. We won too many critical matches against top sides just to shrug it off as "inexperience".

Certainly not but it's definitely a contributing factor for the majority of the squad.

The other factors

- Losing Lockyer. Wallace could barely do his own job let alone pick up the slack in his current form. Norman just has too many deficiencies right now to be playing first grade football consistently. The biggest problem with Wallace is that he doesn't know how to read a game, he's decent at playing what's in front of him but when it comes to building a game he leaves a lot to be desired.

- Front row stocks. Really being caught out up here. Te'o is not a serious option and a player like Sims or Kenny had to be there.

- Sammy T is exhausted and guilty of doing too much. He's like the boxer that knows he's done, he's just thrashing about wildly and giving himself up.

We only won one game without Locky and that was against a toothless Rabbitohs side.

Sims and Setu may of played a part in some of our wins but they were pretty marginal (aside from Setu against the Tits, f**k that was good). But really in the was the work of the backrow (Te'o, Thaiday, Parker and Gillett) combined with Hoffman, Folau, Lockyer that was doing all the damage.

1 Josh Hoffman
2 Antonio Winterstein
3 Alex Glenn
4 Israel Folau
5 Jharal Yow Yeh
6 Corey Norman
7 Ben Hunt
8 Shane Tronc
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Ben Te’o
11 Matt Gillett
12 Sam Thaiday
13 Corey Parker

14 Nick Kenny
15 Josh McGuire
16 Mitchell Dodds
17 Scott Anderson

Active Now

• CHorse
  • Griffo
  • Wolfie
  • lynx000
  • Mustafur
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dash
  • Fozz
  • Broncorob
  • davidp
  • Ondi
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jedhead
  • Thelmus
  • mitch222
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mister Wright
  • Manofoneway
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.