Broncos vs Storm Game Thread

Meat77 said:
Did I miss what a post about Dave Talyor being injured or something? I'm flicking through Big League and his name isn't jumping out at me in the QLD Cup team lists... eusa_think

Should replace Hodges in the centres imo! [icon_wink

I'm glad Ennis looked pretty sharp last week, I'm sure he will do fine. We will miss Hodges defensive presence alot. IMO bring Boyd into the centers and put Kemp onto the wing. Perry off the bench is alright, I'd prefer Moon or possibly giving Beale a go but Perry should be solid. As long as our forwards are laying down a platform for Ennis, Wallace and Lockyer (if he's playing) to create, we are still in with a good chance.

Scotty said:
I'm glad Ennis looked pretty sharp last week, I'm sure he will do fine. We will miss Hodges defensive presence alot. IMO bring Boyd into the centers and put Kemp onto the wing. Perry off the bench is alright, I'd prefer Moon or possibly giving Beale a go but Perry should be solid. As long as our forwards are laying down a platform for Ennis, Wallace and Lockyer (if he's playing) to create, we are still in with a good chance.

I actually thought Ennis was very rusty last week. Will do him good to start the match i think.

i thought Ennis went good considering his first match back from injury.

Yeah thats why i used the word rusty. He is a quality player and played well but was rusty.
Starting will give him confidence.

I wouldnt be suprised to see Stagg at hooker, Thaiday to second row, clinton to prop and Taylor on the bench.

I'd only consider Stagg at hooker if Lockyer is fit and starting, otherwise it has to be Ennis.

What about Stagg in the centres?? He seemed to spend a bit of time there last year, whether he see's out the whole match there or have Moon on the bench and slot him in the centres later in the match?? Depending on whether Ennis is up to playing 80 mins or not... or just have Stagg in centres whole match and Moon to come in for Ennis.

wally said:
What about Stagg in the centres?? He seemed to spend a bit of time there last year, whether he see's out the whole match there or have Moon on the bench and slot him in the centres later in the match?? Depending on whether Ennis is up to playing 80 mins or not... or just have Stagg in centres whole match and Moon to come in for Ennis.

If Locky plays, Stagg will be in the centres, no doubt.

If Locky is out too, Stagg will go to five-eighth, Boyd to the centres, Kemp to the wing.

Moon will be added to the 17 regardless.

ethos said:
http://broncos.com.au/index.php?page_id=3578

Boyd to centre, Kemp to wing. And Ennis starting with Perry on the bench.

It'll be a big challenge for either Boyd or Michaels to shut down Folau.

Well there you go, I predicted the centre switch right, just the wrong circumstances [icon_wink

Personally I hope they make it David Stagg's mission to shut down Folau, a la Berrigan on Inglis in the Grand Final of 06.

Bloody hell... I am over injuries.

Again, I can't believe Lockyer is even considering origin this year, I mean come on...

anyone know who Dave Taylor will be playing for this weekend? he hasn't been listed in the Central Comets team on the QRL website.

bob the Smasher said:
Bloody hell... I am over injuries.

Again, I can't believe Lockyer is even considering origin this year, I mean come on...

Lockyer should be putting the club that his is bread and butter first imo.
He has had his day in the sun now it is time to get real.

I doubt he will play next year to be honest

Just heard the team.

1 Karmichael Hunt
2 Reece Robinson
3 Steve Michaels
4 Darius Boyd
5 Denan Kemp
6 David Stagg
7 Peter Wallace
8 Ben Hannant
9 Micheal Ennis
10 Nick Kenny
11Sam Thaiday
12 Ashton Sims
13 Tonie Carroll
Interchange
14 Darren Lockyer
15 Joel Clinton
16 Greg Eastwood
17 Shane Perry

Meat77 said:
Did I miss a post about Dave Talyor being injured or something? I'm flicking through Big League and his name isn't jumping out at me in the QLD Cup team lists... eusa_think

I think the Q-Cup teams have to submit their team lists earlier in the week than the NRL teams have to, so Comets probably didn't know that Taylor would be available for them at the time they named their team.

Flutterby said:
Meat77 said:
Did I miss a post about Dave Talyor being injured or something? I'm flicking through Big League and his name isn't jumping out at me in the QLD Cup team lists... eusa_think

I think the Q-Cup teams have to submit their team lists earlier in the week than the NRL teams have to, so Comets probably didn't know that Taylor would be available for them at the time they named their team.

i thought the Q-Cup teams had to submit their lists on Thursday. eusa_think

Active Now

• Rowdy124
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Justwin
  • Ondi
  • thenry
  • Foordy
  • Morkel
  • Jedhead
  • Allo
  • phoenix
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Manofoneway
  • Culhwch
  • Broncorob
  • Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • KickHaas
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.