Broncos vs Warriors Build up Thread

If we're going to win, we'll have to play like we did against the Storm and Dragons, when no one really expected us to even score a try.

I like the look of some of your changes. I believe if our forwards can step up we will be in with half a chance.

ningnangnong said:
If we're going to win, we'll have to play like we did against the Storm and Dragons, when no one really expected us to even score a try.

Exactly right. The point is, assuming we have some sort of structure in attack and defence, there is no reason why we can't win this. We have enough strike power to outscore any team - as along we use it. This is where Wallace, Norman and Macca really have to step up. They've done it before.

And, if our defence waits for them to come to us, we'll get smashed.

I just want to see them playing for each other in defence. No staggered line in the middle like against the Eels when Mateo raped us. That will go a long way towards victory.

Jeba said:
I just want to see them playing for each other in defence. No staggered line in the middle like against the Eels when Mateo raped us. That will go a long way towards victory.

Exactly right - move as one, with the emphasis on "move up".

It's just so simple, so basic, so obvious. If you move forward in and at the defence, you cut down the time for the attack to build speed and momentum, you shorten the ball runner's reaction times and you end up hitting in the tackle with your momentum driving forward into them.

And I would just love to see Sammy and Gillett and T'eo get the ball when they are actually at or near full speed. It defies belief why the forwards so often stand shallow and flat footed.

Just an update on ticket sales,

There is only single seating left except for the North Bank.

Mt Smart has added an extra 4500 seats or so, so getting close to a sellout of around of 35,000 seats.

warriors_ballboy said:

Mt Smart has added an extra 4500 seats or so, so getting close to a sellout of around of 35,000 seats.

great effort from the Warriors fans... more people to be there to see us beat you :D

Foordy said:
warriors_ballboy said:

great effort from the Warriors fans... more people to be there to see us beat you :D

You mean even more people to farewell a legend of the game, not just for the warriors, bur for QLD and Aus. Steve Price.

Just a quick note, talk over here is that Manu Vatuvei is out tomorrow, he has massive swelling in the knee. This is not confirmed, but a massive blow for the warriors.

warriors_ballboy said:
Foordy said:
[quote="warriors_ballboy":3tneu33d]Just an update on ticket sales,

You mean even more people to farewell a legend of the game, not just for the warriors, bur for QLD and Aus. Steve Price.

Just a quick note, talk over here is that Manu Vatuvei is out tomorrow, he has massive swelling in the knee. This is not confirmed, but a massive blow for the warriors.[/quote:3tneu33d]

Fantastic news for us. I was pretty worried he would rip our defence to shreds with his barnstorming running.

Cracking effort from the Warriors fans as well. icon_thumbs_u

I sure as hell hope Manu is out tomorrow! icon_smile
I'm not too confident of Yow Yeh holding him out close to the line, he's a machine.

If we lose, or had lost, because of Vat then we don't don't deserve to be in contention for the finals.

We have an even better strike weapon in Folau - it's just that we don't use him often enough.

rnabokov said:
If we lose, or had lost, because of Vat then we don't don't deserve to be in contention for the finals.

We have an even better strike weapon in Folau - it's just that we don't use him effectively often enough.

Fixed. It's not lack of ball that Folau gets. It's lack of quality ball.

Coxy said:
rnabokov said:

We have an even better strike weapon in Folau - it's just that we don't use him effectively often enough.

Fixed. It's not lack of ball that Folau gets. It's lack of quality ball.

True - and that isn't just getting a good pass, it also means high balls from good kicks.

It also means how often he is utilised effectively, and the way that's done.

Hey all,

No official word from the warriors about Manu "THE BEAST" Vatuvei playing tonight, hopfully it is just speculation.

An update on tickets, another 4000 seats have been released for the game.

regardless of who is playing, tonights going to be a massive night.

warriors_ballboy said:
Hey all,

No official word from the warriors about Manu "THE BEAST" Vatuvei playing tonight, hopfully it is just speculation.

Translation for our Kiwi readers:

No offushul word from the warriors about Manu "THE BEAST" Vatuvei playung tonight, hopfully ut uz just spiculation.

En update on tuckuts, another 4000 seats hev been released for the game.

regardless of who uz playung, tonights goung to be a messuv night.

Eh bro!

Warriors management have said that the speculation around Manu is only talk, and he is still playing tonight icon_thumbs_u

AWESOME news.

And yeah sorry Coxy, only reason i posted like i did was so you aussie's can understand. [icon_razz1

Coxy said:
warriors_ballboy said:
Hey all,

Translation for our Kiwi readers:

No offushul word from the warriors about Manu "THE BEAST" Vatuvei playung tonight, hopfully ut uz just spiculation.

En update on tuckuts, another 4000 seats hev been released for the game.

regardless of who uz playung, tonights goung to be a messuv night.

Eh bro!
Ut's much, much butter.

Active Now

• Santa
  • davidp
  • The Strapper
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • mitch222
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Financeguy
  • teampjta
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Manofoneway
  • Johnny92
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mister Wright
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.