Can Queensland continue its dominance 5 years in a row?

Coxy said:
Plus the combined age isn't 77, it's 67. Fail.

Roflchops! [icon_lol1. I didn't even notice. That's pretty funny

I was thinking to myself "Petero's not 44 is he?" because I knew Locky was the same age as me. LOLZ

Not that he deserves it, but meh, here's my critique.

Buzz said:
1) It’s the only thing Craig Bellamy can win all year without being labelled a coach of cheats.

I can't work out if this is a compliment, a criticism or a flat out lie? We all know NSW are cheats!

Buzz said:
2) Darren Lockyer and Petero Civoniceva are a combined age of 77. That’s too old for Origin football.

33 + 34 = 77? Do they let you use scissors in kindy yet Phil, or are you just retarded?

Buzz said:
3) The withdrawal of Cameron Smith, regarded by some as the game’s best player.

This is actually a reasonable argument. Had to be one.

Buzz said:
4) Israel Folau won’t want to get hurt to jeopardise his multi-million dollar Melbourne Rebels deal

Pffft. Hasn't stopped him busting a gut for the Broncos since round 1. Pathetic.

Buzz said:
5) The loss of Justin Hodges, Karmichael Hunt, Dallas Johnson. Ben Hannant and Steve Price from last year’s team.

Wow, another reasonable bit of logic. 2/5...40%, that's the highest score anyone from NSW has got in any kind of test!

Buzz said:
6) Johnathan Thurston has got a bung shoulder and we’ll run at him all night.

Thurston is confident in his shoulder, and having people run at him all night is nothing new. But, it's still a valid concern given he's only been back for 1 game after 2 injuries this season...so I'll give him half a point. 2.5/6.

Buzz said:
7) We’ve finally picked big blokes Tahu and Idris to stop Greg Inglis

Big blokes can only be stopped by big blokes hey? Someone forgot to give that memo to Allan Langer and Shaun Berrigan (Berrigan earnt a clive churchill medal for stopping Greg Inglis in a Grand Final, and he ain't big).

What NSW need is someone with big heart to do what Berro did and just tackle him all night. Sadly, everyone in NSW is a tin man.

Buzz said:
8) We’ve finally taken old legends into team camp for some serious drinking like QLD have done for years.

Oh good, please drink heavily all week...that works in the modern game!

Buzz said:
9) Jarryd Hayne is a freakish talent

Yeah. So's Manu Vatuvei. The thing about freaks is that they can be freakishly good, or freakishly bad. Hayne's career to date is probably 50/50 between both "freakish" states.

Buzz said:
10) Surely 70,000 fans at Homebush can lift the Blues over the line.

"Fans" implies "fanatics". At a NSW Origin crowd of 70000, there would be at most 10000 "fanatics". And 9000 of them would be Queenslanders. The rest those dipshit **** tards with blue wigs.

I am still pissing myself laughing at a guy I work with who thinks that Idris will be brought on into the forwards.....he seems to think he has a chance against Petero, Shillington and the like.

The combined age of the NSW team is over 300, and 300 is too old for Origin.

Keep trying to convince yourself, Rocky.

But we don't have a shit team. And very rarely do we have a shit team. We let you guys handle that side of things.

The Rock said:
Look at you lot getting up at this guy for his comments. CLEARLY some of the stuff he was saying was tongue in cheek. This article was just one big rev up that's all and as usual, Queenslanders take it to heart and have to analise and criticise someone everytime NSW want to get cocky about an origin game.

Analise???

Sounds like something Phil Gould installed into the Blues culture years ago... eusa_think

Bahahaha look at this.

Phil,

I’ll give you one reason why you won’t beat Queensland. Every year you guys trot out a team peppered with individual superstars and we always pick a superstar team.

Jack

Jack of Central Queensland (Reply)
Mon 24 May 10 (07:45am)

That’s rubbish mate. I’m actually picking the best 50 Origin players ever - combining both states - in tomorrow’s paper. The Maroons hacve seven current players in that list - the Blues have won.

Phil Rothfield
Mon 24 May 10 (09:16am)

Perhaps you are mistaking cockiness for passion and pride. Simple mistake to make for a bloke who supports a state that lacks both.

The Rock said:
Look at you lot getting up at this guy for his comments. CLEARLY some of the stuff he was saying was tongue in cheek. This article was just one big rev up that's all and as usual, Queenslanders take it to heart and have to analise and criticise someone everytime NSW want to get cocky about an origin game. "
That might have something to do with the fact that Phil Rothfield is only barely a peg above Rebecca Wilson in the serious journalist category. He is a tool of the highest order and anything he says need to be shat on. I wouldn't be surprised if none of it was tongue in cheek, he's that big a knobhead.

Emma said:
The Rock said:
Look at you lot getting up at this guy for his comments. CLEARLY some of the stuff he was saying was tongue in cheek. This article was just one big rev up that's all and as usual, Queenslanders take it to heart and have to analise and criticise someone everytime NSW want to get cocky about an origin game. "
That might have something to do with the fact that Phil Rothfield is only barely a peg above Rebecca Wilson in the serious journalist category. He is a tool of the highest order and anything he says need to be shat on. I wouldn't be surprised if none of it was tongue in cheek, he's that big a knobhead.
Holy cr*p, this is a first!
I had never seen any combination of the words "Phil Rothfield", "Rebecca Wilson" and "journalist" in one and the same sentence before... :shock:

Perhaps I should have been clearer! Rothfield is barely a peg above Rebecca Wilson in that category.....but neither of them are really on the scale.

I look forward to reading those same papers after my QLD team mates win. However since we don't get them in NZ i will have to find them on the interweb.

The Rock said:
This Steve Price guy is boring.

Bring back Thomas The Tank.

Oh, btw.

queensland-rugby-league-state-of-origin-team.jpg

Steve Price would arse rape Thomas the Tank....but it wouldn't be gay, it'd just be Pricey realigning the universe's chi.

Bannermania said:
Bahahaha look at this.

Phil,

I’ll give you one reason why you won’t beat Queensland. Every year you guys trot out a team peppered with individual superstars and we always pick a superstar team.

Jack

Jack of Central Queensland (Reply)
Mon 24 May 10 (07:45am)

That’s rubbish mate. I’m actually picking the best 50 Origin players ever - combining both states - in tomorrow’s paper. The Maroons hacve seven current players in that list - the Blues have won.

Phil Rothfield
Mon 24 May 10 (09:16am)

Won or one?

Coxy said:
Steve Price would arse rape Thomas the Tank....but it wouldn't be gay, it'd just be Pricey realigning the universe's chi.

It makes me sad to see the words "Arse Rape" brings back memories of Waterhouse trying to ride me from behind last year while Noddy held my hand :(

Active Now

• Robboi_321
  • Foordy
  • Spooky1013
  • HVbronco
  • Shane Tronc
  • Galah
  • Broncorob
  • Financeguy
  • Stix
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Alec
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Manifesto
  • theshed
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dash
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Old Mate
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.