Cat of the Week - Contains Spoilers

I didn't see the match, but by all reports, it was a pretty good game.

I'd like to see a Qcup champion vs. NSW cup champion game, but I don't think the NSW'kers could cope... :haha:

George Rose.

I think it's crap he was allowed to get away with a cheap shot like that and his punishment will practically be missing trial matches.

George Rose.

I think it's crap he was allowed to get away with a cheap shot like that and his punishment will practically be missing trial matches.

^^^ This. should've been sent off. There was no excuse for it. Manly should've played with 12 men (well, 14...)

The NRL really does bring this on themselves though. Time after time when a player is hit high and goes down the video referee gives a penalty, and then orders that it be put on report to save face. Most of the time it's not even worth putting on report, but because of the stupid way they review things, they pretend it's a reportable offence so they can give the penalty.
Well said, that hit on the Manly player today was not "reportable".

What are the guidelines for an incident to be put on report?

Well said, that hit on the Manly player today was not "reportable".

What are the guidelines for an incident to be put on report?

It seems, any tackle that is enough for a player to feel it enough to lie down and "get attention".

^^^ This. should've been sent off. There was no excuse for it. Manly should've played with 12 men (well, 14...)

I'll play devils advocate.

In a grand final, high emotion, to effectively end the game because of that hit is probably not reasonable.

On a slightly different topic, how is George Rose a professional athlete. The blokes gotta be 20Kg overweight.

Each time I see George Rose, I am expecting to see the heart paddles brought onto the field.

I wish the NRL would get rid of the video ref reviewing players for staying down.

Manly were lying down all voer the place last night. It was disgusting.

What's high emotion got to do with it? It was a send off offence. If that was Steve Matai he would have been sent. Clenched fist, looking at the player. Was a deliberate forearm. Only reason he wasn't sent us because he's George Rose, the big cuddly Teddy bear that everyone likes. Refs are pathetic, I can't believe how much Manly got away with tonight. I feel embarrassed as a Rugby League fan.

Feel like giving away my support for the game altogether to be honest.

Perhaps if it was post-cheek bone operation Darren Lockyer, he might have been sent off, eh?

Can we nominate for Cat of the Year? Or should we just skip to the winner because Issac Luke has taken his merkiness to the next level during this International series.

What did he do now?

Apparently deliberately twisted a player's leg in a tackle.
That's his last 3 tests in a row he's done something grubby (he missed the Wales game right?)

Two cannonballs and a twist. I think all bets are off. Any player in the NRL is entitled to do whatever they like to him and they'll be a hero.

You get a better view around the 40 second mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
What annoys me is the little shut eating grin he gives when the fraca starts. So wanted someone to land one on him

I wish we were playing them in the final and let gallen smash him.

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  • bert_lifts
  • broncs30
  • Allo
  • Nerd
  • Morepudding
  • something
  • LittleDavey
  • BroncosAlways
  • Midean
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncorob
  • Johnny92
  • Waynesaurus
  • Manofoneway
... and 46 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.