Cobbo: “I think he’s a nice guy but not a good coach”

How long does Kebbie have to prove he's more than just a good friend?

• It's over now

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • The trials

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • First 6 weeks

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • Week 13

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • When it's clear we're not making the finals

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • His contract review

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • As long as he needs to rebuild the club

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
I don’t know if you did it on purpose or not but “Kebin” cracked me up. It’s the perfect nickname
Yeah that's what I call him. Kebin or Keb 🙃

It's been a rollercoaster ride for sure. He started out as Kevie, then went to Kevin followed by Kebin. He got back to Kevie there for a while from memory but by the end of the season he was back to being Kebin.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
He did specifically mention he thought about joining Redcliffe yeah so yeah, maybe that’s the club yeah. They couldn’t get Mariner so maybe they want Cobbs instead yeah.
Let's be real. He isnt smart enough to do that. Listen to the bloke.

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
That's an issue and it'll have to be addressed if it already hasn't but there was nothing malicious about those comments.

This will blow over if it hasn't already.

Blow over? It’s just getting started.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Badel:

Headline describes it as "damage control" and a "gaffe." Lede says Cobbo "forced to apologise" for his "brutal assessment."

"Despite Cobbo’s apology, his initial comments will raise questions as to whether Walters is losing the dressing room after failing to steer Brisbane to the finals last year, highlighted by their dramatic late-season collapse when they crashed from fourth to ninth. Walters is off-contract this year and needs a finals campaign to ensure his tenure at Red Hill for 2024 and beyond. Cobbo inked a new extension back in June last year to stay at Red Hill until at least the end of the 2025 season."​

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
It's been a rollercoaster ride for sure. He started out as Kevie, then went to Kevin followed by Kebin. He got back to Kevie there for a while from memory but by the end of the season he was back to being Kebin.
He's only one win away from being Kevvie again.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
Blow over? It’s just getting started.
You often here players say that their current coach isn't that good and he is ok.... yeah it's not blowing over.

I have never heard anybody else say something even remotely similar about their current coach. I would like an example.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Storm in a teacup, so guess he’s off to Melbourne. They were wanting a winger last year and Nofoaluma has gone back to Wests.

The game’s afoot.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
I'm sure the media will try their best, but there's not a lot of meat to this story.
He said the current coach wasn't very good. That is more than a bit of meat. It's lucky for them it didn't come out at the start of the year.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
You often here players say that their current coach isn't that good and he is ok.... yeah it's not blowing over.

I have never heard anybody else say something even remotely similar about their current coach. I would like an example.
Didn’t Gamble say something similar? Might be a dick move from Cobbo but the fact remains Kev isn’t a coaches asshole.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
He said the current coach wasn't very good. That is more than a bit of meat. It's lucky for them it didn't come out at the start of the year.
There's nothing for them to dig into. Sure they can reference it and the Gamble podcast when they heap pressure onto Kev but that's all there is.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
Didn’t Gamble say something similar? Might be a dick move from Cobbo but the fact remains Kev isn’t a coaches asshole.

I know he is average but I struggle to remember a bloke from a team where the coach is still employed openly saying said coach isn't any good.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
You and the word agenda. **** it’s incredible I’ve managed to get Cobbo, Gamble, Isaako, Haas, Mariner, Oloupa, and Ben Ikin in on my conspiracy.

Thanks for just proving my point...

When you link all of those people in the same sentence, your agenda is clear as day.

Ben Ikin has been nothing but positive and supportive of Kev.

And they majority of the players you listed wanted out for MONEY, or because they thought they were better than they are so left to TRY and get a starting position (doubtful they will)

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I'm sure the media will try their best, but there's not a lot of meat to this story.
Wishful thinking but this is a nuclear blast. The club's (previously) universally loved and most promising rising star has just friend-zoned his coach. Name an instance where the question of "losing the dressing room" was posed that ended in the coach's favour. It always snowballs from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Aldo
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Behold
  • BroncoFan94
  • Organix
  • Wolfie
  • LittleDavey
  • mystico
  • winslow_wong
  • KickHaas
  • broncs30
  • broncsgoat
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Nerd
  • Brocko
  • mrslong
  • Morkel
  • scobie
... and 29 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.