Cobbo: “I think he’s a nice guy but not a good coach”

How long does Kebbie have to prove he's more than just a good friend?

• It's over now

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • The trials

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • First 6 weeks

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • Week 13

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • When it's clear we're not making the finals

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • His contract review

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • As long as he needs to rebuild the club

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bennett has put up with worse, he'd be looking for another shiny new story to dangle infront of the media as we speak.
I can never recall anyone asking if Bennett has lost a dressing room. I do recall him having to move clubs a few times though.

Wishful thinking but this is a nuclear blast. The club's (previously) universally loved and most promising rising star has just friend-zoned his coach. Name an instance where the question of "losing the dressing room" was posed that ended in the coach's favour. It always snowballs from here.

If you say so, I'm looking forward to the 10-week coverage and the cataclysmic fall-out for Selwyn.

I can never recall anyone asking if Bennett has lost a dressing room. I do recall him having to move clubs a few times though.

It got brought up at Newcastle.
The ‘anti-Bennett’ boyz

I'm sure the media will try their best, but there's not a lot of meat to this story.
As if the club isn’t in the news for all stupid and dumb shit during the last 2 weeks, now this. Perfect ingredients for shit storm & it will blow out of control real soon. The media have got enough meat to whichever way they want to twist us.

The thing that’s making me furious is - we can’t defend the players in any of these. The club is once again being dragged down for all the stupid stuff.

Club statement:

“Today’s article on a podcast I did last year has been taken out of context. It was two guys chatting and joking about silly things like the comments about Kev that had been made by Tyson.
“The fact is that Kev is a very good coach, as are all of our coaches at the Broncos. I was lucky enough to play Origin for Queensland last year and that is off the back of the coaching of Kev and his team.

“Kev has taught me a lot since coming into the NRL squad and provided me with great support as I adjusted to the professionalism of NRL.
“I was late to training a few times and instead of cutting me, he educated me and supported me.
“When I felt burnt out late in the year, Kev rested me and when he thought I was ready he gave me more responsibilities.
“I have already contacted Kev to apologise and I’d like to extend that to his family and the whole Broncos club for this unwarranted attention over some silly comments from me.”
Lol if I've ever seen an apology written by someone else, this is it. Guy can barely string a sentence but has a well written apology.

It got brought up at Newcastle.
The ‘anti-Bennett’ boyz
Big difference there. He'd coached the Knights to the semi final, then announced he would be quitting the club - a year early - to return to the Broncos.

If you say so, I'm looking forward to the 10-week coverage and the cataclysmic fall-out for Selwyn.
The heat is on Kev. Selwyn's career is safe.

Wishful thinking but this is a nuclear blast. The club's (previously) universally loved and most promising rising star has just friend-zoned his coach. Name an instance where the question of "losing the dressing room" was posed that ended in the coach's favour. It always snowballs from here.
there was this bout as close as i can think of recently

You and the word agenda. **** it’s incredible I’ve managed to get Cobbo, Gamble, Isaako, Haas, Mariner, Oloupa, and Ben Ikin in on my conspiracy.
I disagree here mate. I wouldn’t say the players you listed wanted to move on because of Ikin’s doing. For mine, Ikin took the job @the Broncos as a challenge & I might not know everything he has done in his role but I for one, reckons his coming on board has been a positive influence and will continue to be.
The players are simply the entitled brats who think they deserve the position & the money.

Didn’t hynjack get sacked it off season one year as the playing group fell out with him I think I would prefer Cartwright to take over for the rest of the year couldn’t be any worse than all this crap going on

Is this issue more contentious than it seems?

Mixed messages? Cobbo projecting a bit?

We need some input from @Smokin' Joe
I don't think he knows, but it's an interesting comment. Maybe it's been thrown out there to give the illusion that there's competition for the spot.

For those who haven't suffered the entire podcast, the context is Selwyn was asked his preferred position. His answer was fullback, centre and wing in that order.

But there's no need to over-egg that. All players face an end of season review where they're asked which position they'd like to play. Every player knows they'll play where they're picked, and if they don't like it, they're welcome to try to find another club who'll give them that chance when their contract expires. It's common for backs to want to move in, and most wings will want to get closer to the action.

His answer son this were pretty vague and weren't at all framed as a demand, just what he'd prefer.

It already was and the solution remains the same.

Have a successful season, or you're gone.
Can't argue with that, but we all remember what happened to Seibold once this kind of talk started.

I disagree here mate. I wouldn’t say the players you listed wanted to move on because of Ikin’s doing. For mine, Ikin took the job @Broncos as a challenge & I might not know everything he has done in his role but I for one, reckons his coming on board has been a positive influence and will continue to be.
The players are simply entitled brats who think they deserve the position & the money.
Nah I'd rather keep Kev. If it's not someone obviously better the coach should not be sacked. We learned that the very, very hard way when that moron Paul White sacked the best coach we've ever had.

I don't rate Kev but he's earned the right to hold onto his job, if by round 13 we're not looking comfortable in the top 8, then he should go. He needs to make finals or go, but he shouldn't be sacked because of Cobbo.

Nah I'd rather keep Kev. If it's not someone obviously better the coach should not be sacked. We learned that the very, very hard way when that moron Paul White sacked the best coach we've ever had.

I don't rate Kev but he's earned the right to hold onto his job, if by round 13 we're not looking comfortable in the top 8, then he should go. He needs to make finals or go, but he shouldn't be sacked because of Cobbo.
Are you referring someone else mate?

I don't rate Kev but he's earned the right to hold onto his job, if by round 13 we're not looking comfortable in the top 8, then he should go.
We have one bid at week 13, everyone.

Anyone else want to pick a deadline?

Are you referring someone else mate?
Honestly no idea who I'd go for, there's bugger all quality out there, I'd almost rather just stick to the devil we know at this point as long as that devil can get a pass mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• john1420
  • Xzei
  • Aldo
  • heartly87
  • Skyblues87
  • theshed
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncosarethebest
  • FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • Griffo
  • Wolfie
  • marw
  • broncsgoat
  • Pablo
  • Smokin' Joe
  • Broncosgirl
  • Gaz
  • Tim K
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.