Cobbo: “I think he’s a nice guy but not a good coach”

How long does Kebbie have to prove he's more than just a good friend?

• It's over now

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • The trials

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • First 6 weeks

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • Week 13

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • When it's clear we're not making the finals

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • His contract review

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • As long as he needs to rebuild the club

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
Seems like there is a bit of a backstory with Cobbo and Kev this year. Kev disciplining Cobbo for turning up to training late etc.

Selwyn seems like quite a dumb young kid that doesn’t realise Kev is being tough to help him in the long run. Selwyn has responded very immaturely.

B

big k

QCup Player
Apr 10, 2013
The only issue I have is the coach comments

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I posted it here before reddit. It’s not “resurfacing” the video had 200 plays when I watched it.

Well done though bro, well done. You’ve just proven unequivocally that we are a source for the media.

I’d like us to go to the media ask them to pay us if they wish to use stories that come from or are provided publicity on here.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
It's something to be mindful of and will have to be addressed but really it's a storm in a teacup. Calls for Cobbo to be released or for the Broncos to go sign Des are hilarious though.

Respectfully, how do you view this as a storm in a teacup? He took a dump on the coach in a public podcast.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Club statement:

“Today’s article on a podcast I did last year has been taken out of context. It was two guys chatting and joking about silly things like the comments about Kev that had been made by Tyson.
“The fact is that Kev is a very good coach, as are all of our coaches at the Broncos. I was lucky enough to play Origin for Queensland last year and that is off the back of the coaching of Kev and his team.

“Kev has taught me a lot since coming into the NRL squad and provided me with great support as I adjusted to the professionalism of NRL.
“I was late to training a few times and instead of cutting me, he educated me and supported me.
“When I felt burnt out late in the year, Kev rested me and when he thought I was ready he gave me more responsibilities.
“I have already contacted Kev to apologise and I’d like to extend that to his family and the whole Broncos club for this unwarranted attention over some silly comments from me.”
There’s not a chance he didn’t just read that from an email the media team sent him. He can’t form sentences like that.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Well done though bro, well done. You’ve just proven unequivocally that we are a source for the media.

I’d like us to go to the media ask them to pay us if they wish to use stories that come from or are provided publicity on here.
It did then get posted on reddit about an hour after I posted it so I assume from someone on here. So could also be from that.
But yeah they 100% look through forums for hot topics.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
It literally randomly came up on my YouTube algorithm. Well, a shorter like 3 minute video about him wanting to be fullback did. Then I found the full thing. Strangely they made 2 short packages on this. One was about being fullback and one was about indigenous guys doing more these days.

but yeah literally just stumbled across the short video.
This story has become massive because of you. It is all over social media. All of a sudden, everyone wants to know the true identity of Morepudding. I'd lay low for a few days if I were you.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
This story has become massive because of you. It is all over social media. All of a sudden, everyone wants to know the true identity of Morepudding. I'd lay low for a few days if I were you.
I shall go back to the bunker. Send me a fax when it’s safe to come out.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Yeah I don’t think Selwyn wrote that umm yeah hey yeah.
I've just listened to the whole thing, every word. The first hour is mostly semi coherent waffling, but when he was asked the direct question about whether Kebin is a good coach, he paused, considered what he was about to say and reiterated it. It wasn't taken out of context. It was very deliberate.

Also, the comment about the Dolphins, nothing in it. We know his agent shopped him around out of due diligence, that Wayne tried to woo him, and that he stayed because he didn't want to move clubs and money's not a motivator for him.

I don't think we should try to interpret this as him trying to rock the boat to get a release. I think he was - bizarrely - trying to give an honest, expert opinion. It's not really an insult. He's describing his style as not really being like a traditional football coach, so he's not ranking him up there with the best coaches. But he's okay, and a good bloke.

For those who haven't heard it, here's a link to the moment:

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I just heard on the radio that Cobbo has issued a statement saying that his comments about Kev "have been taken out of context"

MrMoore

MrMoore

NRL Player
Jul 27, 2011
Oh boy!

Ezgifcom gif maker

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Meninga couldn’t coach either

the media runs around saying coaches need to be ‘’man managers” so they dont lose the dressing room and then they flay the guy that is

maybe it’s more an indictment our assistants are terrible
Good point. If Keb's job is just to give everyone a cuddle while the assistants do everything else that's also fine. But maybe we might need better assistants.

I liked the comment about the coach who busted up the cliques and built cross team unity. Sounds like what Keb was hired to do. Get that bloke in for a chat.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016

blame me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Organix
  • KickHaas
  • Nerd
  • Brocko
  • Aldo
  • LittleDavey
  • Morkel
  • scobie
  • Allo
  • Hoof Hearted
  • broncs30
  • eazy-duzzit
  • Behold
  • mrslong
  • winslow_wong
  • Jedhead
  • Johnny92
  • broncotville
  • broncsgoat
... and 34 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.