Cobbo: “I think he’s a nice guy but not a good coach”

How long does Kebbie have to prove he's more than just a good friend?

• It's over now

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • The trials

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • First 6 weeks

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • Week 13

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • When it's clear we're not making the finals

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • His contract review

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • As long as he needs to rebuild the club

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Let's just apply a bit of perspective here, for a change. Selwyn Cobbo, barely played a full season in the NRL, do we all think this guy knows what a good and bad coach looks like?
If he doesn’t know he has made a pretty good guess

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
It’s how he talks to the players that is most concerning, several players have said he struggles to articulate himself and gets too emotional.

But remember, after a game he isn’t talking to the ‘media’, he’s talking to us.

Have you got a live mic in the dressing shed?

If he doesn’t know he has made a pretty good guess

That's what you think, I need not tell you how important that is to the people making the decisions at the Brisbane Broncos.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Let's just apply a bit of perspective here, for a change. Selwyn Cobbo, barely played a full season in the NRL, do we all think this guy knows what a good and bad coach looks like?
He's a professional sportsman who's played for the Broncos, Wynumm (grand finalists) QLD, the PM's XIII and the Indigenous Allstars. You can bet he's met Wayne Bennett along the way.

I'll put his opinion before my own.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
I chose 6 weeks but the answer is entirely circumstantial. If we are 0-6 then yeah absolutely he’s done but if it’s 3-3 then the jury is still out and he probably gets longer.
Depends on if there are blow out scores, losing to The, etc.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
He's a professional sportsman who's played for the Broncos, Wynumm (grand finalists) QLD, the PM's XIII and the Indigenous Allstars. You can bet he's met Wayne Bennett along the way.

I'll put his opinion before my own.

So in 3 of those teams he would've been with the coach for no longer than 2 weeks at a time?

If Selwyn Cobbo in that space of time can determine whether someone is a good coach or not, I want him as part of the committee that selects our next coach.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
So in 3 of those teams he would've been with the coach for no longer than 2 weeks at a time?

If Selwyn Cobbo in that space of time can determine whether someone is a good coach or not, I want him as part of the committee that selects our next coach.
I don't think trying to undermine Selwyn's credibility is going to counter his refreshing, albeit ill-advised, candour. But nice try.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I chose 6 weeks but the answer is entirely circumstantial. If we are 0-6 then yeah absolutely he’s done but if it’s 3-3 then the jury is still out and he probably gets longer.
What if we get drubbed in the trials, smashed by Penrith and the Cowboys, and merely sneak home against the Dragons?

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
Kev is awful with the media
One Hundred Sgn GIF by SomeGoodNews

Hope he develops this aspect immensely.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
What if we get drubbed in the trials, smashed by Penrith and the Cowboys, and merely sneak home against the Dragons?
I don’t know, I guess I don’t think that far ahead. I don’t count trials for anything btw. Mainly because I can’t be bothered watching them though.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
I love the trials.

We'll flog Wynnum by 50-60 points, then come up against an NRL side and lose and at that point, my god. Emotional instability will be seen left, right and centre. I think a few even had Billy in their starting halves combination after that Wynnum trial last year.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
My main question is why do players go on these podcasts run by fucking Neville’s in the first place? They aren’t required to and nothing good comes from it.

The guy "interviewing" Cobbo could barely articulate himself any better than Selwyn.....fucken dumb arse Kiwi. :rofl

The ignorance that gets shown time and time again by the clubs...the players and their managers in relation to all forms of the media, is mind boggling.....

I can't understand why they don't have a blanket ban on all of them talking to the media without the club's express permission...and even then, the club's media manager having the opportunity to view the interview before it goes public.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
The guy "interviewing" Cobbo could barely articulate himself any better than Selwyn.....fucken dumb arse Kiwi. :rofl

The ignorance that gets shown time and time again by the clubs...the players and their managers in relation to all forms of the media, is mind boggling.....

I can't understand why they don't have a blanket ban on all of them talking to the media without the club's express permission...and even then, the club's media manager having the opportunity to view the interview before it goes public.

You can't interview a Bronco unless you ask Steele, so Cobbo has not followed the rules.

It was made very very clear to them day one of pre-season what to do with any media requests.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I don't think trying to undermine Selwyn's credibility is going to counter his refreshing, albeit ill-advised, candour. But nice try.
Its not a "try".......its a simple fact.

Cobbo has been around for a red hot minute......what he has to say about anything at this point in his career is laughable.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
You can't interview a Bronco unless you ask Steele, so Cobbo has not followed the rules.

It was made very very clear to them day one of pre-season what to do with any media requests.
Hmm....interesting

Hopefully he's disciplined for this breach of contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Manofoneway
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • Gympie devil
  • Rambstien
  • leon.bott
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.