Cobbo: “I think he’s a nice guy but not a good coach”

How long does Kebbie have to prove he's more than just a good friend?

• It's over now

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • The trials

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • First 6 weeks

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • Week 13

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • When it's clear we're not making the finals

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • His contract review

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • As long as he needs to rebuild the club

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I can't see them sacking him, they just won't renew his contract. Assuming of course we keep going backwards and are no chance of the finals. You'd have to think some strong conversations are going on in the background though if this is a shared view by a number of the players.
The other alternative is to rename the club "the Dolphins," point out to Kevvie (sic) his contract is with another club that no longer exists, turn up to all the Dolphins games and pretend Wayne's lot are the imposters. Also solve the problem of players wanting a release. If any of that makes sense. It doesn't to me. But heck, we're all out of ideas here.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Hasler?

Rohan Smith
Billy Slater
Michael McGuire
Neil Henry
Karmichael Hunt/Ben Teo
The Walker brothers
hasler replaced by Seibold... um no thanks.
smith.. a good shout but still unproven
Slater... bit of a pipedream because as soon as Bellamy retires he's storm bound (and that's if he wants to be an nrl head coach)
McGuire... definitely huge ??? over his coaching ability
Henry... dosen't want to be a head coach
khunt ... way to green
Walker bros ... there is a reason they've been overlooked a few times , big ????
so yeah, heaps of options.
would much rather bring in a R. smith or k hunt as assistants and see how they develop.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Kevvie’s staff changes for next season were very underwhelming in light of what donuts footy department review must have uncovered. Unless the process was flawed and the players weren’t forthright in their assessment…? I would have thought the review would be conducted by an independent third party with players responses anonymous if you want to really know what they think?

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Disappointed with Cobbo. His ambivalence has caused a negative issue that was not at all needed.

More disappointed in the club that this sort of shit has been allowed to go on. So much damage from a Frikkin rookie barely out of qcup.

Do we have a senior group of players who will pull Cobbo into line and publicly back Keb?

Personally, I think Keb’s career at the Broncos has reached well past the halfway point.

As we all know, he is a legend of our club but that doesn’t mean he can coach.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Hasler?

Rohan Smith
Billy Slater
Michael McGuire
Neil Henry
Karmichael Hunt/Ben Teo
The Walker brothers

You can't have any confidence in any of them. Walkers haven't coached in four years at any level and Hunt and Teo are Colts and MM coaches.

They would be the biggest promotions in history.

IceWorks

IceWorks

NRL Player
May 10, 2019
It's all about the finals.. That's your currency in this game. A few coaches near the plank would be Kevvie, Hook, Holbrook, O'Brien... whichever squad tanks the worst early in the season will see the first sacking from that group of 4 I would estimate.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
You can't have any confidence in any of them. Walkers haven't coached in four years at any level and Hunt and Teo are Colts and MM coaches.

Admittedly was scraping the bottom gif the barrel toward the end. Rohan Smith would 100% be my first target unless Belly, Wayne, or Trent somehow fell into our lap.

I would love to know your assessment of Kev as a coach

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Don't we really have one of the weakest spines in the comp? Would focus on fixing that before trying to move the head coach on.
The only weak link in the spine comes bundled with the coach.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008

Any guess as to why Cobbo may think Kevvie’s coaching is weird?

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I can't see them sacking him, they just won't renew his contract. Assuming of course we keep going backwards and are no chance of the finals. You'd have to think some strong conversations are going on in the background though if this is a shared view by a number of the players.

My issue with all this is, we need to be careful to not go down a path where the players dictate who they want as coach. The players need to shut the **** up and do their job, if they have an issue with the coach they should take it up with management, not stab the coach in the back during interviews. I don't even necessarily blame Cobbo in all this, talking smack about the coach is obviously something that has been tolerated amongst the playing ranks, as he seems to have got the impression that this is okay to talk about publicly.

Reynolds and Capewell wouldn't stand for that sort of shit, but last year was their first at the club, there are obviously longer-term Broncos players there that are held in high regard by the younger players who are either allowing or driving this.

Chewed

Chewed

QCup Player
Feb 1, 2017
Hasler would be a good get, even if he was just doing the X and O's. Literally the best option out there.

Just let him run the team, doesn't have to run the whole show like at Manly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Mick_Hancock
  • thenry
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.