Cobbo: “I think he’s a nice guy but not a good coach”

How long does Kebbie have to prove he's more than just a good friend?

• It's over now

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • The trials

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • First 6 weeks

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • Week 13

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • When it's clear we're not making the finals

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • His contract review

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • As long as he needs to rebuild the club

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Hasler would be a good get, even if he was just doing the X and O's. Literally the best option out there.

Just let him run the team, doesn't have to run the whole show like at Manly.
He’s a control freak, he won’t be able to help himself. It’s also no chance of happening with Morris being mates with Penn.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
If you are not sure about Kevvie and the players are revolting (in both senses of the word), you can’t let the players win but you also can’t ignore the issue. I would hope the one year extension for Kevvie that he got served two purposes:

1. Provide stability
2. Give Kevvie a chance to prove himself but also, look around for his preferred replacement

I wonder if Smith going and trying his hand in England might be part of the long game?

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
My issue with all this is, we need to be careful to not go down a path where the players dictate who they want as coach. The players need to shut the **** up and do their job, if they have an issue with the coach they should take it up with management, not stab the coach in the back during interviews. I don't even necessarily blame Cobbo in all this, talking smack about the coach is obviously something that has been tolerated amongst the playing ranks, as he seems to have got the impression that this is okay to talk about publicly.

Reynolds and Capewell wouldn't stand for that sort of shit, but last year was their first at the club, there are obviously longer-term Broncos players there that are held in high regard by the younger players who are either allowing or driving this.
I agree with what you’re saying but we’re in a tough spot. Traditionally a club would make an example of a player and draw a line in the sand by terminating their contract - the issue we have is half the players are tripping over themselves to achieve exactly that.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I agree with what you’re saying but we’re in a tough spot. Traditionally a club would make an example of a player and draw a line in the sand by terminating their contract - the issue we have is half the players are tripping over themselves to achieve exactly that.

Cobbo and Gamble equals half the players?

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Who does cobbo consider to be a good coach? He’s only been coached by a few at the top level

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
If you are not sure about Kevvie and the players are revolting (in both senses of the word), you can’t let the players win but you also can’t ignore the issue. I would hope the one year extension for Kevvie that he got served two purposes:

1. Provide stability
2. Give Kevvie a chance to prove himself but also, look around for his preferred replacement

I wonder if Smith going and trying his hand in England might be part of the long game?
makes sense but you’d think that we at least would have offered an assistant role.
we'd be pretty silly not to have a concession plan if things don't work out.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Haas, maybe Herbie, Niu walked out earlier this week (Not that anyone cares but he still walked)....

Haas is well documented as not wanting to leave and there is a general consensus his shenanigans have come from an idiot manager wanting money. Did he say he doesn’t rate Kevvie?

Herbie didn’t leave did he? Has he once sad he wants out or doesn’t rate Kevvie?

Niu has been pushed down the pecking order, he’s probably being paid overs by The but even if I give you that one for arguments’ sake, Niu, Gamble and Cobbo still don’t sound like half the team.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Haas, maybe Herbie, Niu walked out earlier this week (Not that anyone cares but he still walked)....
Even still mate....thats a long way off from being "half the squad"

No-one even gave a **** about Tesi.......we opened the door for him

Nonsensical hyperbole doesn't help anything......

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Haas is well documented as not wanting to leave and there is a general consensus his shenanigans have come from an idiot manager wanting money. Did he say he doesn’t rate Kevvie?

Herbie didn’t leave did he? Has he once sad he wants out or doesn’t rate Kevvie?

Niu has been pushed down the pecking order, he’s probably being paid overs by The but even if I give you that one for arguments’ sake, Niu, Gamble and Cobbo still don’t sound like half the team.
Cobbo doesn’t want to leave as far as I know so I wouldn’t even count him. My point was simply meant to say that it is hard for a club to discipline players when there is a segment of players (currently Karl, Mariner, Palasia, and Haas maybe) that want out of their contracts.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Walker bros ... there is a reason they've been overlooked a few times , big ????

Whats the deal with them?
.....a few years ago they were being touted as having found a new secret formula to playing RL on the back of The Jets short lived success....

They've thrown their hat into the ring a few times now in the NRL......nobody seems interested.....not even the UK?

I imagine for one reason or another, the bridge back to Brisbane has been burnt/exploded/demolished forever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Scdeac
  • Cavalo
  • teampjta
  • Manofoneway
  • Brocko
  • Jazza
  • Maroon4life
  • Culhwch
  • thenry
  • Midean
  • Galah
  • Rowdy124
  • Organix
  • Lurker
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.