Cobbo: “I think he’s a nice guy but not a good coach”

How long does Kebbie have to prove he's more than just a good friend?

• It's over now

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • The trials

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • First 6 weeks

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • Week 13

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • When it's clear we're not making the finals

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • His contract review

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • As long as he needs to rebuild the club

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Cobbo doesn’t want to leave as far as I know so I wouldn’t even count him. My point was simply meant to say that it is hard for a club to discipline players when there is a segment of players (currently Karl, Mariner, Palasia, and Haas maybe) that want out of their contracts.
Karl?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Cobbo doesn’t want to leave as far as I know so I wouldn’t even count him. My point was simply meant to say that it is hard for a club to discipline players when there is a segment of players (currently Karl, Mariner, Palasia, and Haas maybe) that want out of their contracts.

Not sure if it wasn’t communicated well or I just misunderstood but regardless, this is an issue almost purely because we have a scummy acting new club up the road who are acting all desperate like because the idiots in charge of the comp forgot they gave them a licence and do nothing to support them being compounded by the fact said club can’t attract anyone good so offer gun kids under contract illegal incentives to break contract.

They’d be doing the same with the Titans but no one cares so it doesn’t make the news.

In terms of Haas, his is because of his moron manager and he’s been held to his contract, same as Karl. Karl has also acted like a moron, hardly Kevvie’s fault the club cafeteria had chicken sandwiches on that fateful day and not Reuben ones.

Palasia said he would run through walls for Kevvie but then was offered a three year contract that the Broncs rightly wouldn’t match and on the back of Haas confirming staying, Hetherington re-signing and Flegler verbally committing blocking his pathway.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Do we have a senior group of players who will pull Cobbo into line and publicly back Keb?

Cobbo and any other **** who's got something to say........

If the senior group isn't large enough bring in some Bronco's legends to work with them....train/live with them. Kev & Alf surely have access to some of their old mates....?

There's something still very wrong with our culture

Its this mother fucken generation of soft ***** (those that still have one)that is to blame.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
The Shed:

Karl Oloapu.......? Seriously?

The guy hasn't even made grade yet.....?

Mariner, Palasia ....mehhh

Haas...OK ....would prefer not to lose him, that said....life would go on.

Who else you got that is holding the Broncos to ransom?

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

If the senior group isn't large enough bring in some Bronco's legends to work with them....train/live with them. Kev & Alf surely have access to some of their old mates....?

Its this mother fucken generation of soft ***** (those that still have one)that is to blame.

Strike that......

the media.......the player managers........are to blame.

Our new overlords of the oval ball are fucking things up royally for generations to come.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Whats the deal with them?
.....a few years ago they were being touted as having found a new secret formula to playing RL on the back of The Jets short lived success....

They've thrown their hat into the ring a few times now in the NRL......nobody seems interested.....not even the UK?

I imagine for one reason or another, the bridge back to Brisbane has been burnt/exploded/demolished forforever
not sure what the reason is tbh.
pretty sure ikin and locky are good mates with ben so who knows.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

It’s not like every other team has access to a time machine and are filling their squads with 20 year olds from the 1940’s. Every team is dealing with the same generation yet they aren’t all having the same issues.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
hasler replaced by Seibold... um no thanks.
smith.. a good shout but still unproven
Slater... bit of a pipedream because as soon as Bellamy retires he's storm bound (and that's if he wants to be an nrl head coach)
McGuire... definitely huge ??? over his coaching ability
Henry... dosen't want to be a head coach
khunt ... way to green
Walker bros ... there is a reason they've been overlooked a few times , big ????
so yeah, heaps of options.
would much rather bring in a R. smith or k hunt as assistants and see how they develop.

Smith has done everything he can to make himself a better coach- Video at the Warriors, Video NZRL, Newcastle assistant and NYC, Tonga, Roosters assistant, Penrith NYC assistant coach, Warriors NSW Cup coach, Titans assistant, Bradford coach and Norths head coach with two premierships and Leeds.

He's done a hell of a lot of coaching; I always admired the way he took on Norths in 2018- bottom club hadn't made a GF since 1998 or won one. He set up systems so good that he could leave, and they just kept trucking to back-to-back.

Overall: 72 games. 48-24 win-loss record (66.6 per cent win rate)

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Smith has done everything he can to make himself a better coach- Video at the Warriors, Video NZRL, Newcastle assistant and NYC, Tonga, Roosters assistant, Penrith NYC assistant coach, Warriors NSW Cup coach, Titans assistant, Bradford coach and Norths head coach with two premierships and Leeds.

He's done a hell of a lot of coaching; I always admired the way he took on Norths in 2018- bottom club hadn't made a GF since 1998 or won one. He set up systems so good that he could leave, and they just kept trucking to back-to-back.

Overall: 72 games. 48-24 win-loss record (66.6 per cent win rate)
I really hope he’s on the clubs radar. I think toward the end of last season he really emerged as one of the bets options

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I really hope he’s on the clubs radar. I think toward the end of last season he really emerged as one of the bets options

Yep, what he did with Leeds was super impressive and if not for a lot of key injuries, would have had them push St Helens.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
He's signed to the Rhinos until end 2025. No point talking about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mister Wright
  • Alec
  • broncos4life
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fozz
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Galah
  • Harry Sack
  • Jazza
  • Skyblues87
  • RolledOates
  • Allo
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.