Cobbo: “I think he’s a nice guy but not a good coach”

How long does Kebbie have to prove he's more than just a good friend?

• It's over now

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • The trials

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • First 6 weeks

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • Week 13

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • When it's clear we're not making the finals

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • His contract review

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • As long as he needs to rebuild the club

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I can’t defend Kev still having his job now so it’s impossible for me to predict what it will take for someone in power to finally put everyone out of their misery. He proved to me about 16 rounds into 2021 that he has no idea wtf he’s doing. I could write a novel on the valid criticisms of Keb.

On a more positive note, Cobbo is barely coherent and likes to bag Kev - he would fit in perfectly on BHQ.
that you cobbs

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
The problem with sacking Walters is the lack of good replacement options. There's really nobody out there right now who's unemployed that I'd genuinely want coaching the club. Don't even mention Flanagan, he's as dumb as a door knob.

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
You can't interview a Bronco unless you ask Steele, so Cobbo has not followed the rules.

It was made very very clear to them day one of pre-season what to do with any media requests.
If this is the case wonder if Cobbo’s been paying any attention as to what’s asked of him?
This all implies that he’s doing things at will but blaming others for his lack of attention.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
The problem with sacking Walters is the lack of good replacement options. There's really nobody out there right now who's unemployed that I'd genuinely want coaching the club. Don't even mention Flanagan, he's as dumb as a door knob.

Not to mention he was banned from coaching for a while there, we're better than that.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
That's what you think, I need not tell you how important that is to the people making the decisions at the Brisbane Broncos.
Well they’ve eventually come around on every other hill I have chosen to die on so at the very least I have some ability to manifest it.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Well they’ve eventually come around on every other hill I have chosen to die on so at the very least I have some ability to manifest it.

You wrote him off half a season into coaching the reigning wooden spooners with all sorts of salary cap issues, the club was a mess from top to bottom.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Its not a "try".......its a simple fact.

Cobbo has been around for a red hot minute......what he has to say about anything at this point in his career is laughable.
The flipside of that is if he'd been around longer he'd have known better than to be so candid. You're presuming his opinion was formed in a vacuum. That's unlikely to be the case.

Consider what I posted yesterday, the WTF moment when Riki snapped at Billy. We don't know what that was about, but now factor in it happened over on Selwyn's side of the field, and add it into the conspiracy. Riki, Staggs and Cobbo talk. And they didn't look cohesive most of the season.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
You wrote him off half a season into coaching the reigning wooden spooners with all sorts of salary cap issues, the club was a mess from top to bottom.
I did and it was based on evidence and boy is my face red now because he has really made me look the fool with his incredible coaching efforts

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Hasler?

Rohan Smith
Billy Slater
Michael McGuire
Neil Henry
Karmichael Hunt/Ben Teo
The Walker brothers

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I did and it was based on evidence and boy is my face red now because he has really made me look the fool with his incredible coaching efforts
Didn't you write him off in 2022, halfway into his second season?

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
There is zero ways to spin this in a positive way. No way to take it out of context either. Why players are going on these podcasts leaves me stunned.
Cobbo said multiple times Kev is not a good coach. There was no smiling or laughing to indicate that it was a joke or anything of the like.
The only thing I can hope is that this was prior to the club individually interviewing the playing group (post season debrief that supposedly happened) and things can/have been nutted out in the off-season.
If we get off to a rocky start, the media drums will be beating heavily around Kev‘S future.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
I can't see them sacking him, they just won't renew his contract. Assuming of course we keep going backwards and are no chance of the finals. You'd have to think some strong conversations are going on in the background though if this is a shared view by a number of the players.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
There is zero ways to spin this in a positive way. No way to take it out of context either. Why players are going on these podcasts leaves me stunned.
Cobbo said multiple times Kev is not a good coach. There was no smiling or laughing to indicate that it was a joke or anything of the like.
The only thing I can hope is that this was prior to the club individually interviewing the playing group (post season debrief that supposedly happened) and things can/have been nutted out in the off-season.
If we get off to a rocky start, the media drums will be beating heavily around Kev‘S future.

I have read that this podcast took place in October

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Indeed !! 😃

....how does she get a sales job with the Broncos in the first place?

She's an alcoholic who draws on her hands with niko pen......FMD!
I think you answered your own question there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Galah
  • Santa
  • Browny
  • Lostboy
  • Strop
  • Mick_Hancock
  • winslow_wong
  • Fozz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Alec
  • Bucking Beads
  • kiwibronco
  • FACTHUNT
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • Tim K
  • leon.bott
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Behind enemy lines
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.