Controversial Opinions Thread

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Yvonne is great in her role, would rather her hosting a panel than Shervington and White.

She adds more to a telecast than a lot of ex footy players and isn't that token female they bring on board just for the sake of having a female presenter. Now that right there is sexism.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Lockyer offers a disappointingly poor level of insight as a commentator.

I've always thought he was just guarded, didn't want to give too much away as he was newly retired. But after 3 years, nothing's changed.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Yeah it's weird that two all time greats off the game offer very little insight.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I think Lockyer is capable of offering excellent insight, but he's just not suited to the off-the-cuff style that is a big part of commentary.

It's like when you're in school and the teacher singles you out to answer a question. You know the answer, but because the teacher has put you on the spot, you panic and mumble something super basic - then without any acknowledgement of your answer, the teacher says 'how about you, Johnny, what do you think?'. Haha.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I'm just looking forward to 2015, whether Boyd or Packer joins matters little to me.

I've been feeling very flat about the club since around the same time as everyone else (mid-2012) but have tried avoiding bleating on about it out of respect for discussion. Plus, you guys do such a good job of it I rarely feel compelled to point out issues I have with the team.

With Milford on board, NYC boys beginning to emerge and the like I'm excited to see what direction the club takes next.

Not expecting miracles and I don't suspect things to change all that much. I just believe they'll be better.

Honestly don't know if it's controversial but there seems to be this contingent that jumps at any possible negative that it's become white noise and I'm just looking forward to some footy.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Signing Packer could possibly lead to supporters, members of the public and sponsors dropping out and keeping a distance.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Definitely.

I'll still be in the crowd cheering my lungs out/swearing my head off next year regardless.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I hope we sign packer. I know that's controversial and I'm sure some fans will leave, and that's fine. Like I have said before he brings the aggression that we need.

Most of all I'm looking forward to the Broncos losing this 'choir boy, try your best and that's all that matters' bullshit that has filtered into the Broncos over the last few years.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I hope we sign packer. I know that's controversial and I'm sure some fans will leave, and that's fine. Like I have said before he brings the aggression that we need.

Most of all I'm looking forward to the Broncos losing this 'choir boy, try your best and that's all that matters' bullshit that has filtered into the Broncos over the last few years.
You did, then you didn't, now you do again... make up your mind! :laugh:

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
I never rated Nathan Merritt that much and thought he was overrated. All I saw from him was an average winger that only sat on his wing who didn't try to put in the hard yards and wasn't very capable of that anyway. He had a great try tally but most of those tries were just basic put the ball down with no one in front of you stuff. His Origin game really exposed him for what he really was.

Despite this congrats on your career Max

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I never rated Nathan Merritt that much and thought he was overrated. All I saw from him was an average winger that only sat on his wing who didn't try to put in the hard yards and wasn't very capable of that anyway. He had a great try tally but most of those tries were just basic put the ball down with no one in front of you stuff. His Origin game really exposed him for what he really was.

Despite this congrats on your career Max

He topped NRL try scoring lists in teams coming last and getting pumped every week- how was anything created for him? They couldn't create for themselves let alone for anyone else.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • bb_gun
  • Dash
  • Painin the Haas
  • Rambstien
  • FACTHUNT
  • marw
  • Alec
  • davidp
  • Aldo
  • Fozz
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.