one looks like a female version of josh Hoffman
the sharks and eagles cheerleaders piss all over ours

494577-sports-cheerleaders.jpg

Grrrrr .......
snet-022.gif

Go the sharks cheerleaders page and see what I'm talking about
They are all fucking stunners

689459-broncos-cheerleader-stephen-holdsworth-leaps-over-jasmin-brown.jpg

Everyone remember this guy? Probably booed as much as Gallen during the Origin. Smart idea to cover him up in that pig costume.

The ones on the broncos website have been severely changed. The josh Hoffman lookalike is gone (thank ****)

A couple of years ago when I still had my ST, one of the more voluptuous blonde girls we had at the time popped out mid routine, right in front of my wife and I, and continued to pumping for a good 5 seconds before she realized what had happened.

It was a good day. I think we won as well but that was secondary to earlier proceedings.

That wasn't down the corner near section 336 was it??

That wasn't down the corner near section 336 was it??
It was around that area yeah, though I think it was a little more central on the end seats rather than in the corner (I forget the exact section it was). Were you also privy to this moment of fleeting glory?

Is it just me or doesn't anyone else find it utterly hilarious that South Sydney for all their might of being a foundation club blah blah blah, have John Sutton as their most capped player EVER. I find this fucking hilarious as he has only played like 220 games. **** even the warriors and cowboys have players with more games than them and they have only been in the nrl for a short time.

It was around that area yeah, though I think it was a little more central on the end seats rather than in the corner (I forget the exact section it was). Were you also privy to this moment of fleeting glory?
I was in 339 when this happened to one of them, I'm thinking about four years ago.

Is it just me or doesn't anyone else find it utterly hilarious that South Sydney for all their might of being a foundation club blah blah blah, have John Sutton as their most capped player EVER. I find this fucking hilarious as he has only played like 220 games. **** even the warriors and cowboys have players with more games than them and they have only been in the nrl for a short time.

It's a strange point to consider but considering the game only really started to become professional around the 80s or so it's easy to understand how players are breaking all these appearance records.

I reckon Locky's record won't last too long.

lol ^

"i don't want my team to be successful so I can validate my own agenda"
Only that's not it at all. Of course some will see it that way, but those people also don't actually understand what an agenda actually is. I'm not wanting us to lose to validate anything, let alone some made up agenda.

What I'm saying is that Bennett is coming back at the time when the Broncos are most likely to win a premiership even without him, but if they do win next year everyone will attribute it to Bennett even if its just because we have Hunt, Barba, and Milford playing out of their skin and nothing to do with coaching.

I don't want that. I don't want Bennetts sackriders getting more "look how great he is" ammunition for something that he barely played a role in. If he comes in, cleans house, buys some top talent and some good young guys, and changes from BennettBall and we win then sure, kudos to him and well deserved. If he comes in and we just play GriffinBall but with Milford and an extra year of experience and we win, Bennett doesn't deserve the credit.

Remember, this year we would've had a top 4 finish if not for about 10 minutes of terrible football and brain snaps over the season.

Last edited:
Of course some will see it that way, but those people also don't actually understand what an agenda actually is.
Perhaps, but when you write in your own words that a part of you secretly hopes we bomb so you can feel smug about your predictions, it's pretty easy to draw this conclusion. Are you more interested in the team being successful, or being proven right on an internet forum? Pretty sad if it's the latter (as if it would mean that much??).

What I'm saying is that Bennett is coming back at the time when the Broncos are most likely to win a premiership even without him, but if they do win next year everyone will attribute it to Bennett even if its just because we have Hunt, Barba, and Milford playing out of their skin and nothing to do with coaching.

I disagree, although I think Bennett will aide us because I believe him to be a better coach that extracts more out of players and manages them better than Griffin, there is no guarantee he will win us a premiership. In any case, if he does manage to coach us to a premiership, of course he deserves credit for that. By doing so, it would indicate he has gotten more out of the underperforming players we have currently endured for the past two seasons. Milford is a good talent but he is no world class player, so I think it is folly to suggest that by simply signing him we're going to be guaranteed premiership contenders. As far as Boyd is concerned, if he did sign (likely but not definite as yet), and was instrumental in helping us get to that point, wouldn't that leave you with more than one moral crisis? :)

It would also indicate we're better defensively and are capable of closing out matches, both of which were shown seldom at best under Griffin. Finally, any coach that gets a team over the line deserves credit - there's a reason why Brian Smith is hired to clean out a club and booted after a few seasons, because even in the event he has taken a team to the final, he is unable to give them one final push over the line. That's what good coaches do, they mentally prepare a winning team regardless of their physical preparation.

I don't want that. I don't want Bennetts sackriders getting more "look how great he is" ammunition for something that he barely played a role in.

Why does that matter more than the potential success of the club you support? Is being right worth more than being successful? You live in a strange world if that is the case. Finally, as aforementioned, any coach plays a role in their success. They train them for 10 months of the year to a particular standard, have them execute certain plays, educate their players in decision making at certain times, pick them up when they are down and keep them level when they are on the up - if you discount all of this then surely most coaches are useless, Bellamy, Hasler, Maguire and so on?

What this all comes down to for some posters is:

If we struggle over the next 3 years it will be all Bennett's fault

If we are successful it will have nothing to do with Bennett and we would have been successful anyway

You edited some of your post AP as I was replying and instead of restructuring my response I'll simply respond to it here.

If he comes in, cleans house, buys some top talent and some good young guys, and changes from BennettBall and we win then sure, kudos to him and well deserved. If he comes in and we just play GriffinBall but with Milford and an extra year of experience and we win, Bennett doesn't deserve the credit.

So the only way you'd give him credit is if he changed his style to something that suits your aesthetic pleasure, regardless of results. How absurd. If he can win the title with Boyd and Milford and the same group of players that were terribly inconsistent this year, I'd say he's done a pretty good job, especially considering some on here don't rate Boyd.

Remember, this year we would've had a top 4 finish if not for about 10 minutes of terrible football and brain snaps over the season.
We could've also been on Mad Monday a week earlier too, we lucked into the finals which IIRC you suggested simply making the numbers was a failure of a season (at least with regards to the Bennett years).

It's a strange point to consider but considering the game only really started to become professional around the 80s or so it's easy to understand how players are breaking all these appearance records.

I reckon Locky's record won't last too long.

Pretty sure smith will catch him if he stays healthy
there are a lot of young kids out there on good numbers for their age but they need to stay relatively injury free for their whole career or keep up their form good enough to play to 35-36 ish

Active Now

• Santa
  • Astro
  • Gaz
  • Skathen
  • Maddy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Mister Wright
  • FACTHUNT
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Culhwch
  • Skyblues87
  • westy316
  • The True King
  • RolledOates
  • Ondi
  • Stix
  • BroncoFan94
  • mrslong
  • broncotville
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.